Sosie Bacon Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Sosie Ruth Bacon
Born in: United States
Famous as: Actress
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Riverdale Country School, Brown University, Collaborative Arts Project 21
Sosie Bacon is an American actor and the daughter of renowned Hollywood actors Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. Although her parents were not keen on her becoming an actor, she was first exposed to the camera when she played the 10-year-old version of ‘Emily,’ her mother’s character in the movie ‘Loverboy’. Her charisma and potential to become an actor was recognized when she was crowned ‘Miss Golden Globe’ at the age of 21. She has acted in a number of movies such as ‘Another Life’ and ‘Ana Maria in Novela Land.’ Her upcoming projects include ‘Charlie Says’ and ‘The Last Summer.’ She is a household name in the US because of her appearances in the TV serials ‘Scream,’ ‘13 Reasons Why,’ and ‘Story of a Girl.’ Sosie has also performed with ‘The Bacon Brothers,’ a musical duo that includes her father, Kevin, and his elder brother, Michael. She has also performed with her brother’s group, ‘Idiot Box.’ She is active on social media, with a large fan following. She is currently single and is concentrating on her acting career. She has maintained close ties with her parents and her elder brother, who are all part of the entertainment industry.
- She was born Sosie Ruth Bacon, on March 15, 1992, to Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, in Los Angeles, US. Both her parents are reputed names in the American entertainment industry. She was named after art director Sosie Hublitz, who was part of the movie ‘Miss Rose White,’ which starred Kyra in the lead role. Kyra had just finished working on the movie when Sosie was born.
- Her parents wanted to raise her as an ordinary child and did not initially want her to become an actor, because of the fast-paced life in Hollywood. She attended ‘Riverdale Country School’ in the Bronx and was raised according to the Jewish faith, along with the other children in the neighborhood. Whenever her parents were out shooting, she spent time with her elder brother, Travis.
- Her first exposure to films came when her father decided to cast her in a flashback scene in the 2005 film ‘Loverboy.’ The role was that of the 10-year-old version of the character played by her mother in the family drama. She appeared singing David Bowie’s song ‘Life on Mars?’ in the movie. Her brother, too, had a minor role in the movie, making it a family affair. According to her father, he had selected Sosie for the role because no one else could have played it better.
- Although her parents did not want her to start an acting career, she caught the eye of producer James Duff, who recognized her acting potential. He persuaded her parents to allow her to appear in his police procedural drama ‘The Closer’ in 2009. The show also featured her mother who played the role of ‘Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson.’ Young Sosie enjoyed the experience of acting, after which she finished school to please her parents.
- She completed high school and joined the prestigious ‘Brown University’ for further studies. She also studied acting at the musical theater company ‘CAP21,’ while at the university. Sosie took a liking to show business and ultimately convinced her parents to allow her to pursue her dream of becoming an actor.
- Her acting career as an adult began when she joined the cast of the ‘Off-Broadway’ musical ‘Fiction in Photographs,’ by Dan Mills and Randy Redd, in 2012. Her performance got positive reviews and helped her gain recognition in the industry.
- Her career received a boost when she won the crown of ‘Miss Golden Globe’ in 2014, from Clint Eastwood’s daughter Francesca Eastwood. The title is awarded by the ‘Hollywood Foreign Press Association’ each year. She appeared in the coming-of-age comedy ‘Wishin’ and Hopin’,’ as ‘Frances Funicello.’ The same year, she also appeared in two short films: ‘Another Life’ and ‘Lady Lonely.’
- She was now a full-time actor. In 2015, she appeared in the romantic comedies ‘Ana Maria in Novela Land’ and ‘Off Season,’ as ‘Poppy Lake’ and ‘Cassie,’ respectively. Her upcoming movies include the detective drama ‘Charlie Says’ and the romantic comedy ‘The Last Summer,’ which are due to be released shortly.
- Sosie has a parallel TV career. She has appeared in the serial ‘Basic Witches,’ in 2014. This was closely followed by her portrayals of ‘Rachel Murray’ in the horror serial ‘Scream’ and ‘Summer Harris’ in ‘Lost Boy.’
- She appeared as ‘Skye Miller’ in 15 episodes of the popular web series ‘13 Reasons Why,’ from 2017 to 2018, and as ‘Stacey’ in ‘Story of a Girl,’ in 2017. Her latest venture is the role of ‘Kristen’ in the drama series ‘Here and Now.’ The series premiered on ‘HBO’ in February 2018.
- She is currently a well-established actor who has experimented with various roles. She is active on ‘Instagram’ and has a large fan following across all ages. She has also performed with her father’s musical duo and her brother’s band, at various venues.
- Her movies include ‘Loverboy’ (2005), ‘Wishin’ and Hopin’’ (2014), ‘Another Life’ (2014), ‘Lady Lonely’ (2014), ‘Ana Maria in Novela Land’ (2015), ‘Off Season’ (2015), ‘Charlie Says’ (upcoming), and ‘The Last Summer’ (upcoming).
- She has appeared in the TV serials ‘The Closer’ (2009), ‘Basic Witches’ (2014), ‘Scream’ (2015–2016), ‘Lost Boy’ (2015), ‘13 Reasons Why’ (2017–2018), ‘Story of a Girl’ (2017), and ‘Here and Now’ (2018).
- Sosie Bacon was crowned ‘Miss Golden Globe 2014.’ The honor is generally bestowed on a Hollywood celebrity’s daughter who is nominated to assist with handing out awards at the ceremony. It is considered a stepping stone to stardom.
- Although she is active on social media, she has kept her private life hidden from the public eye. Since 2014, she has often been spotted with a boy, who is known as “dobbyisland” on ‘Instagram.’ However, she has given no indications of a serious relationship, and according to social media, she is currently single.
- Despite the fast-paced life of Hollywood, she has remained close to her parents and her brother.
- Sosie Bacon is not fond of makeup and high-heeled shoes and had to practice a lot before her appearance as ‘Miss Golden Globe 2014.’
- Her brother, Travis Bacon, plays for a four-member rock–punk band called ‘Idiot Box’ and has played minor roles in movies.
- Besides acting and directing, her father, Kevin Bacon, also plays for a musical duo called ‘The Bacon Brothers,’ for which Travis and Sosie have also performed.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed