Sofia Milos Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: Switzerland
Born in: Zurich, Switzerland
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Alessandro Martorana
City: Zürich, Switzerland
education: Beverly Hills Playhouse
Sofia Milos is a Swiss-born Italian-Greek actress best known for playing Yelina Salas on CBS’s police procedural drama ‘CSI: Miami’. She is also popular for her appearances in the drama series ‘The Sopranos’, ‘Friends’, ‘ER’ and ‘Curb your Enthusiasm’. Born in Zurich, Switzerland, to an Italian father and a Greek mother, Milos moved to Italy as a child. She started modeling at the age of 14, initially participating in a local beauty contest and earning the title of Junior Lady Italy. She first studied economics and business in college, and later studied acting at Beverly Hills Playhouse. Milos made her acting debut with the film 'Inside Out'. Since then, she has acted in over 20 drama series and more than ten films and short films. The gorgeous actress is multilingual; Milos is fluent in German, Italian, Spanish, English and French.
- After beginning to participate in beauty contests at 14, Sofia Milos started her career as a professional model at the age of 15. She made her acting debut in the movie ‘Inside Out’. Her first television appearance came with the role of Fabiana Borelli in the sitcom ‘Café Americain’ that ran from 1993 to 1994. She followed this with her guest appearances in the dramas ‘Platypus Man’, ‘Weird Science’, ‘Strange Luck’ and ‘Mad About You’.
- In 1997, the actress joined the cast of the TV series ‘Caroline in the City’ alongside artists Lea Thompson, Malcolm Gets, Eric Lutes, Amy Pietz and Andy Lauer. The following year, she played the role of Maria in ‘The Secret Lives of Men’, a sitcom about three divorced men who get thrown back into their bachelor lifestyles. Also in 1998, Milos did the film ‘Mafia’ and appeared in an episode of ‘The Love Boat: The Next Wave’.
- She started the next decade with her performance as Cheryl in the comedy film ‘The Ladies Man’ that was a commercial flop. Also in 2000, she had guest appearances in ‘The Sopranos’ and ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’. That year, Milos played the role of Milady in the made-for-television film ‘M.K.3’ as well. After making appearances in the films ‘The Order’ and ‘Double Bang’, she got to play Barbara Steel in the series ‘Lo zio d'America’.
- In 2003, Milos was cast in the recurring role of Det. Yelina Salas in the police procedural drama series ‘CSI: Miami’. Three years later, she joined the main cast of ‘Desire’ as Victoria Marston. From 2008 to 2009, she played Special Agent Bianca LeGarda in the series ‘The Border’ that also starred James McGowan, Graham Abbey, Grace Park and Mark Wilson.
- In 2011 and 2012, the actress starred in guest roles in the TV shows ‘Tatort’, ‘Section de recherches’, ‘1600 Penn’ and ‘The First Family’. Following her appearance in the short film ‘The Secret of Joy’, she starred in the TV movie ‘Give Me My Baby’ in 2017.
- Sofia Milos was born on 27 September 1969, in Zurich, Switzerland, to a Greek mother and an Italian father. She attended school in Switzerland and then went on to attend the Beverly Hills Playhouse in USA. She has a brother named Pino.
- In 2006, she dated Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom. Currently, she is married to Alessandro Martorana, who she wed in 2007.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed