Skye McCole Bartusiak Biography
Died At Age: 21
Sun Sign: Libra
Born in: Houston, Texas
Famous as: Actress
father: Raymond Donald Bartusiak
mother: Helen McCole Bartusiak
siblings: Stephen Dylan Bartusiak
City: Houston, Texas
U.S. State: Texas
Skye McCole Bartusiak was an American actress who is remembered for her role of ‘Rose Wilder’ in the 2002 television film ‘Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder’. Besides this movie, Bartusiak had also appeared in several other television films and series like ‘Witness Protection’, ‘Blonde’, ‘Firestarter: Rekindled’, and ‘Love Comes Softly’. In addition to her television projects, the late actress had made a series of appearances in films in the early and mid-2000s. Her notable films were ‘The Patriot’, ‘Riding in Cars with Boys’, and ‘Good Day for It’. She was an upcoming young actress who received much praise for her selection of television and film roles. Unfortunately, McCole Bartusiak died at a very young age. Even though she did not have any problem related to alcohol or drug abuse, she did take some prescription drugs for a medical condition. Her death was ruled to have been caused by an accidental drug overdose.
- Skye McCole Bartusiak started her career as a seven-year-old child artiste in the horror television miniseries ‘Storm of the Century’ in 1999. She portrayed the role of ‘Pippa Hatcher’ in two episodes. The same year, Bartusiak appeared in two more television shows, ‘JAG’ (as ‘Rachel Sherkston’), and ‘Judging Amy’ (as ‘Marcy Noble’). She appeared in her first television film, ‘Witness Protection’, in 1999, as ‘Suzie Batton’. The talented young actress didn’t have to wait for long to get her first break in the film industry as she was offered her debut role of ‘Hazel’ in the 1999 American drama film ‘The Cider House Rules’ by Lasse Hallström.
- In 2000, Bartusiak appeared in the epic historical fiction war film ‘The Patriot’ alongside Mel Gibson, Chris Cooper, Jason Isaacs, and Heath Ledger. She appeared in the film as the youngest daughter, ‘Susan Martin’, of Mel Gibson’s character. She was nominated at the 2001 Young Artist Awards for the Best Ensemble in a Feature Film along with rest of the cast.
- Over the next decade, Bartusiak appeared in several television films and shows including ‘Witness Protection’, ‘Frasier’, ‘Blonde’, and ‘Touched by an Angel,’ for which she won a nomination at the Young Artist Awards. She also appeared in the television show ‘24’ as ‘Megan Matheson’ and later portrayed the role of ‘Rose Wilder’ in ‘Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder’.
- Bartusiak was nominated at the 2002 Young Artist Awards for the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film: Young Actress Age Ten or Under’ for her role of ‘Amelia’ in ‘Riding in Cars with Boys’ (2001). She also appeared in other films like ‘The Affair of the Necklace’, ‘Against the Ropes’, ‘Boogeyman’, ‘Kill Your Darlings’, and ‘Good Day for It’ in the 2000s.
- Skye McCole Bartusiak was born in Houston, Texas, on September 28, 1992, to Helen McCole Bartusiak and Raymond Donald Bartusiak. She had a brother named Stephen Dylan Bartusiak.
- Bartusiak died at a very young age at her apartment in Houston. On July 19, 2014, she was found sitting up on her bed by her boyfriend who suspected something was wrong. Upon calling her mother, Helen, they perfumed CPR on her and called the paramedics who also tried to resuscitate her. Unfortunately, Bartusiak passed away. She was just 21. Later, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, in Houston, Texas stated her death was caused by an accidental drug overdose.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed