Silentó, born as Ricky Lamar Hawk, is a well-known American rapper, songwriter, R&B and hip hop recording artist, and record producer. He rose to fame in 2015 after releasing his debut single ‘Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)’ on the social networking platforms, Vine and YouTube. Due to its contagious beat and catchy hook, this song got extreme popularity. The single reached no. 3 position in USA and no. 9 in Australia, apart from acquiring a place in the Top 20 in France, Denmark, New Zealand, Canada and Great Britain. Silentó’s other songs include ‘Young Love’ and ‘Get Em’. Possessing the passion for music since childhood, the young lad started his career early and managed to earn name and fame within a short period of time. Today, Silentó has got millions of fans from all over the world. The American rapper has got 388k followers on Instagram and 87.6k followers on Twitter as of May 2017. His YouTube account has about 254k subscribers. Not to mention, he has managed to earn 3.6m Vine Loops till date!
- Silentó was born on January 22, 1998 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. His mother works in a departmental store and his father is a store keeper. The only child of his parents, Silentó was raised by his mother, grandmother, and aunt after his parents divorced. He studied at Redan High School. According to the information available on the web, the rapper hasn’t completed his graduation.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowCareer
- Silentó’ released his debut single titled ‘Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)’ on January 25, 2015 on YouTube. Within one week of its release, the single had earned over 2.5 million views! Due to the resounding success of this song, Silentó was signed to the Capitol Records who released the track as a single along with an accompanying music video. The same year, the rapper appeared as a featured artist in the songs ‘Dessert’ and ‘Lightning in a Bottle’. After this, he worked as the lead artist on his single ‘Get Em’ and released the song in 2016. Two others of his songs, ‘Girl in the Mirror’ and ‘Spotlight,’ were also released in the year 2016. The following year, his single titled ‘Young Love’ was released on his channel. The track ‘Like It Like It’ which featured him was also released the same year.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Silentó’s debut track ‘Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)’ peaked at no. 3 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and at no. 2 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs chart. Its music video earned more than 12 million views on the YouTube channel within a short span of time! As of May 2017, the song has got over 90 million views and has over 10k dance videos based on it.Awards & Achievements
- Silentó won the Soul Train music award for ‘Best Dance Performance’ in 2015 for his debut single. Besides this, he has also received nominations for a Teen Choice Award, MTV Video Music Award and Billboard Music Award for 'Rap/Hip-Hop Track', 'Song of the Summer' and ' Top New Artist' respectively.Personal Life
- Silentó lives with his mother and is single. Not much is known about his love life though questions are often raised regarding his sexuality.
How To CiteArticle Title- Silentó BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/silent-32776.phpLast Updated- May 24, 2017
People Also Viewed