Sheri Moon Zombie Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Sheri Moon Zombie, Sheri Lyn Skurkis, Kitty, Kitty Moon
Born in: San Jose, California
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Rob Zombie (m. 2002)
father: William B. Skurkis
mother: Carol A. Skurkis
U.S. State: California
City: San Jose, California
education: Plainville High School in Plainville
Sheri Moon Zombie is an American actress, model, dancer, fashion designer and blogger who is best known in the entertainment industry as the leading 'scream queen' for her appearances in a number popular horror movies directed by her husband Rob Zombie. Prior to her debut as an actress, she travelled with her rockstar husband on his music tours, serving as a dancer and choreographer. She first acted in the film 'House of 1000 Corpses' in 2003, appearing alongside many veterans of the horror movie genre. The following year, she did a short role in the movie 'Toolbox Murders' by renowned horror-film director Tobe Hooper, who had influenced many later generation directors including Rob. In 2005, she reprised her role as Baby Firefly in 'The Devil's Rejects', the sequel to her first movie, for which she received Spike TV's 'Scream Award'. She then appeared in the remake of the 1978 film, 'Halloween' and its sequel 'Halloween II', both directed by Rob. In 2012, she acted in another horror film, 'The Lords of Salem', followed by her most recent film appearance in '31' in 2016. She had guest roles in the TV series 'Californication' and 'CSI: Miami'.
- Sheri Moon Zombie was never actually interested in becoming an actress. Instead, she wanted to do voiceover for cartoons and even took classes to hone her skills as a voice artist. However, during this time her then boyfriend Rob Zombie's band White Zombie broke apart and he started doing solo work, often involving her as a choreographer and dancer on his tours. For this reason, she was unable to fully focus on her voice acting course.
- She was already involved with the band before it disbanded, and appeared on many album covers and music videos. Her first appearance was in the music video for 'White Zombie's 'Feed the Gods', which was also Rob's very first directional venture. In 2002, he decided to direct the horror movie 'House of 1000 Corpses'. The movie, released the following year, featured her as Vera-Ellen "Baby" Firefly, which earned her a huge fan following in the community. She has since then appeared on all of her husband's movies and videos, most of them horror themed, and earned the title of modern-era 'scream queen' from USA Today in 2007.
- While Sheri Moon Zombie is known for working on her husband's projects specifically, it is however not because of lack of opportunities. Despite being praised for her roles, she consciously decided to act on Rob's productions, sometimes making guest appearances for friends as a favour. Also, she is very much involved in the creative process of most of her husband's works. According to her, the two have got used to working as a unit and are comfortable around each other personally and professionally. Instead of solidifying her position as an actress, she is rather interested in fashion design and has launched her own clothing line called 'Total Skull'. She is also a blogger and in October 2014 started the food blog 'Eat Me' to share her experience of finding vegan meals on her travels through the US, as well as her preparations for vegan meals at home.
- Sheri Moon Zombie was born as Sheri Lyn Skurkis on September 26, 1970 in San Jose, California. She is the oldest child of Carol A. and William B. Skurkis, and has a brother. She has Lithuanian and Polish ancestry. She spent most of her early life in Torrington, Connecticut, and attended Plainville High School in Plainville. She aspired to be an MTV VJ and attended Connecticut School of Broadcasting for a brief period of time. She moved to Los Angeles, California after completing her graduation.
- She met Rob Zombie, who was then known by his real name, Robert Cummings, at a club named Toad’s Place in New Haven, Connecticut in 1993. At that time, Rob was the lead vocalist of his heavy metal band White Zombie. Her first impression of her future husband was not very encouraging as she remembers to have been mean to him at the time. However, they started dating soon after, and she moved in with him a month later. The two have been working together ever since. After nine years of dating, they had decided to marry on November 9, 2002. Nevertheless, despite having "stupid stuff" like the wedding planner ready, they decided to elope on October 31, 2002, Halloween day. While it may fit quite well with their spooky taste, they both insist that it was not pre-planned, and was just a spur-of-the-moment decision. In 1996, Rob had officially changed his surname to 'Zombie', following which she changed her name to Sheri Moon. After their marriage, she again legally changed her name to 'Sheri Moon Zombie'.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed