Scott Caan Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Scott Andrew Caan, Scotty Caan, Mad Skillz
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor
father: James Caan
mother: Sheila Caan
children: Josie James
Partner: Kacy Byxbee
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Beverly Hills High School
Scott Caan is an American actor known for starring as Detective Danny Williams on CBS’s ‘Hawaii Five-0’ since 2010. He is also known for playing the role of manager Scott Lavin in HBO’s series ‘Entourage.’ He had been a part of the hip-hop group ‘The Whooliganz’ as well. Born in Los Angeles, California to actor James Caan and actress cum former model Marie Ryan, Caan kicked off his career as a roadie and then performed in a few hip-hop groups. Following his enrollment at the Playhouse West acting school, he started acting in the 1990s. Besides being an actor, Caan is also a trained photographer. He received his training from the famous cinematographer Phil Parmet in 2003, and has been pursuing photography ever since. He also has a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. In his leisure time, the multi-talented actor devotes his time to Surfers Healing, an organization dedicated to introduce kids with autism to the experience and joy of surfing. He is also an active volunteer with other such groups including TheraSURF and A Walk On Water.
- Scott Caan initially performed in the hip-hop group The Whooliganz, with whom he recorded an album titled ‘Make Way for the W,’ in collaboration with the DJ The Alchemist. The album was, however, never released. In 2014, he again collaborated with The Alchemist for the song "Byron G" for the project Lord Steppington.
- Caan started acting in the 1990s. He appeared in the 1995 crime drama movie ‘A Boy Called Hate’. That year, he also had a role in ‘Last Resort,’ for which he earned a Critics Award nomination at CineVegas. In 1999, he featured in the motion picture ‘Varsity Blues’ where he played a reckless Texas football player named Charlie. A year later, the actor starred alongside Giovanni Ribisi, Nia Long, Vin Diesel, Ben Affleck and Nicky Katt in the crime drama ‘Boiler Room’. In 2000, Caan also featured in the films ‘Ready to Rumble’ and ‘Gone in 60 Seconds’. This was followed by his role of Turk Malloy in ‘Ocean's Eleven’ (2001). The movie was a huge success and was the fifth highest-grossing movie of that year.
- In 2003, Caan made his directorial debut with ‘Dallas 362,’ in which he also played the titular role. He earned a Critics Award at CineVegas, and the film earned a prize at the Las Vegas Film Festival. The following year, he reprised his role of Turk Malloy in Ocean's Eleven’s sequel, ‘Ocean's Twelve,’ and later once again played the role in ‘Ocean's Thirteen,’ which released in 2007.
- In the mid-2000s, Caan did the films ‘Into the Blue’ and ‘The Dog Problem’, the latter of which he also wrote and directed. In 2009, he joined the cast of the comedy-drama TV series ‘Entourage’. Since 2010, he has been playing Danny Williams in ‘Hawaii Five-0’ and has earned a Golden Globe Award nomination for his performance. The actor later had guest appearances in the drama series ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ and ‘Vice Principals’.
- Scott Caan was born on August 23, 1976 in Los Angeles, California, USA to actress Sheila Marie Ryan and actor James Caan. He has an elder half-sister, Tara, as well as three younger half-brothers: Jacob Nicholas Caan, Alexander James Caan and James Arthur Caan.
- In 2014, Caan and his girlfriend Kacy Byxbee were blessed with a daughter.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed