Sasha Alexander Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Suzana Drobnjaković
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Edoardo Ponti (m. 2007), Luka Pecel (m. 1999 – div. 2003)
children: Leonardo Fortunato Ponti, Lucia Sofia Ponti
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Sasha Alexander is an actor of Serbian–American origin. She is known for playing the role of ‘Caitlin Todd’ in the famous TV drama ‘NCIS.’ She was also seen in the romantic comedy–drama films ‘All Over the Guy,’ ‘Lucky 13,’ and ‘He's Just Not That into You.’ Some of her notable TV projects are ‘Dawson's Creek,’ ‘Greg the Bunny,’ ‘Rizzoli & Isles,’ and ‘Shameless.’ Among her most recent works, her portrayal of the character ‘Anna Mill’ in the TV series ‘Law & Order: SVU’ is noteworthy. She is the daughter-in-law of popular Italian actor Sophia Loren.
- Sasha was born on May 17, 1973, in Los Angeles, US. She is Serbian through her mother and an American by birth. Some members of her family are citizens of Italy.
- She attended the ‘School of Cinema-Television’ at the ‘University of Southern California.’
- Sasha sustained a severe knee injury in her early years. Owing to the accident, she had to stop her ice-skating activities.
- Sasha started her acting career while still in school. She made her stage debut in seventh grade. She also became a member of ‘Everything Nice,’ a popular pop music band, when she was 14 years old.
- She continued acting in high school and university. Later, her career flourished in New York City as she started stage performances in summer stock theater and the ‘Shakespeare Festivals’ in the city.
- In 2001, she made a brief appearance in an episode of the TV drama series ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,’ titled ‘Alter Boys,’ which featured her in the role of ‘District Attorney Robin Childs.’ She was also seen as ‘Shelley,’ a reporter interviewing ‘Joey,’ in an episode of ‘Friends,’ titled ‘The One with Joey's Interview,’ in the same year. She was also seen in the role of ‘Jackie Samantha Gold’ in the romantic comedy film ‘All Over the Guy’ that year.
- Sasha Alexander began her full-fledged professional acting career with main roles in two TV projects, namely, ‘Presidio Med’ (September 2002 to January 2003) and ‘Wasteland’ (October 7 to 21, 1999). She also got the chance to play the role of ‘Gretchen Witter’ in ‘Dawson's Creek’ in its fourth season (2002–2003). Her performance in this TV drama helped her receive immense accolades from her audiences.
- In 2002, Sasha appeared in the comedy series ‘Greg the Bunny,’ presented by the ‘Fox Broadcasting Company.’ The series featured her as a lesbian reporter working for the famous bi-weekly magazine ‘TV Guide.’
- The most remarkable part of Sasha Alexander’s career was her performance as ‘Special Agent Caitlin Todd’ in the series ‘NCIS.’ She continued playing the role in the first two seasons, from 2003 to 2005. Although the character she played met an accidental death on screen, Sasha reappeared in the same role, briefly, in the third (2005, guest appearance) and the ninth (2012) seasons.
- In 2005, Sasha appeared in ‘Lucky 13,’ a romantic comedy. In 2006, she played a brief role in ‘Mission: Impossible III.’ During this time, she also portrayed the role of the ex-wife of the character ‘Nick’ in the TV drama ‘The Nine.’
- Sasha was seen in the 2008 release ‘The Last Lullaby,’ a movie of the film noir genre. This time, she played the second lead, ‘Sarah.’ The same year, she played the role of ‘Lucy Burns’ in the comedy film ‘Yes Man.’
- In 2009, Sasha appeared as ‘Catherine’ in the romantic comedy–drama film named ‘He's Just Not That into You.’
- In 2010, Sasha appeared as ‘Dr. Maura Isles’ in ‘Rizzoli & Isles.’ The series aired on ‘TNT.’ She portrayed this character for seven seasons.
- In 2015, Sasha was made part of the cast of the TV series ‘Shameless.’ The series featured her in the role of ‘Helene Runyon.’
- In 2016, Sasha was seen in two TV assignments, namely, the TV series ‘Dinner at Tiffani’s’ and the game show ‘Celebrity Name Game.’ Recently, in a 2018 episode of ‘Law & Order: SVU,’ she was seen in the role of ‘Anna Mill.’
- Sasha was initially married to film director Luka Pecel. The couple got married on September 18, 1999. However, the marriage was annulled in 2003. They did not have any children.
- Her second marriage was to Italian director Edoardo Ponti, son of popular actor Sophia Loren. The marriage took place on August 11, 2007. They had two children, daughter Lucia, born in 2006, and son Leonardo, born in 2010.
|2016||Favorite Cable TV Actress||Rizzoli & Isles (2010)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed