Sammi Hanratty Biography
Boyfriend: Lucas Watson
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Samantha Lynne Hanratty
Born in: Scottsdale, Arizona
Famous as: Actress
siblings: Ash Hanratty, Danielle Hanratty
U.S. State: Arizona
City: Scottsdale, Arizona
Samantha Lynne Hanratty is an American actress best known for her role in the TV film ‘Hello Sister, Goodbye Life.’ The first major role of her career was of Young Charlotte Charles in the TV series ‘Pushing Daisies’. The series was about a pie maker with the ability to make things alive again with his touch. She played the younger version of one of the main characters. Prior to making her official debut, she had appeared in an uncredited minor role in the fantasy film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’. The film was a huge commercial success and is still one of the highest grossing films of all time. Her acting career blossomed with time and she played the lead role in the film ‘An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong’. It was the fifth installment of the American Girl series. She also played the lead role in the film ‘The Greening of Whitney Brown’. Her television works include ‘Seeds of Yesterday’ in which she played one of the main roles. She appeared in a few episodes of ‘The Vampire Diaries’, a popular supernatural drama TV series, as well. Other than acting, she is also involved with the ‘Starlight Children’s Foundation’. In her career so far, she has been nominated for three Young Artist Awards.
- Samantha Lynne Hanratty was born on 20th September 1995 in Scottsdale, Arizona in the US. She is the youngest of eight siblings consisting of five girls and three boys. She moved to Los Angeles in 1997 and eventually began her acting career after a few years.
- Sammi Hanratty made her TV debut in the soap opera ‘Passions’ in 2005. The series revolved around the lives and adventures of people in a fictional city named Harmony. She appeared in an episode on the sixth season, playing a character named ‘Adele’.
- She continued to play guest roles in TV series, such as ‘Charmed’, ‘Drake & Josh’ and ‘CSI: NY’. She also had a recurring role in the action drama series ‘The Unit’ as well as in the American sitcom ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’.
- She made her TV film debut in 2006, with a main role in the television film ‘Hello Sister, Goodbye Life’. She also had a supporting role in the TV film ‘Stephen King’s Desperation’. It was met with mixed reviews. The movie was also released as a DVD the same year.
- In 2006, she also appeared in her first feature film playing a minor uncredited role in the fantasy swashbuckler film ‘Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’. Directed by Gore Verbinski, the film was the second installment of the popular ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ film series. The film was a huge success commercially and is still one of the highest grossing films ever. The same year, she had another small role in the film ‘The Santa Claus 3: The Escape Claus’.
- She played the younger version of the main character in the 2007 supernatural horror movie ‘The Boogeyman 2’. The film was a commercial failure. The same year, she also played a role in the TV series ‘Pushing Daisies’. It received critical acclaim. The next year, she had a supporting role in the movie ‘Hero Wanted’.
- In 2009, she played her first lead role in the movie ‘An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong’. Directed by Martha Coolidge, the film was the fifth film of the ‘American Girl’ film series.
- She then worked with the Oscar winning director Robert Zemeckis in the animated film ‘A Christmas Carol’ in 2009. She voiced various characters. The film did quite well commercially. She played a role in ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ a low budget film the same year. The next year, she had a supporting role in the psychological thriller film ‘Kalamity’.
- She played a lead role in the 2011 adventure film ‘The Greening of Whitney Brown’. It was directed by Peter Skillman Odiorne. Other movies she appeared in include ‘The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone’ (2013) and ‘Mom’s Night Out’ (2014)’. Her most recent role was in ‘Bad Kids of Crestview Academy’, a 2017 dark comedy thriller film. It was directed by Ben Browder.
- She appeared in many TV movies in the 2010s, such as ‘The Christmas Spirit’ (2013) and ‘Zoe Gone’ (2014). In 2015, she appeared in the TV film ‘Seeds of Yesterday’ in which she portrayed the character of Cindy Sheffield. More recently, she has made appearances in TV series such as ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and ‘Shameless’.
- One of the early works in Sammi Hanratty’s career was a recurring role in the American sitcom ‘The Suite Life of Zack and Cody’. It was nominated for three Emmy Awards. It revolved around the lives of twins Zack and Cody who live at the Tipton Hotel. It aired from 2005 to 2008. Besides the US, it was also aired in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- She played the lead role in the 2017 dark comedy thriller film ‘Bad Kids of Crescent Academy’. Directed by Ben Browder, the movie also starred actors, such as Drake Bell, Sean Astin, Gina Gershon, Sophia Taylor Ali and Erika Daly. It was the sequel to the 2012 film ‘Bad Kids Go to Hell’.
- Sammi Hanratty is currently dating Lucas Watson.
- She is also involved with the charity organization ‘Starlight Children’s Foundation’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed