Sabrina Bryan Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Reba Sabrina Hinojos, The Cheetah Girls
Born in: Yorba Linda
Famous as: Singer-songwriter
father: Fred Hinojos
mother: Kathy Hinojos
siblings: Starr Hinojos
U.S. State: California
education: Chapman University
Known to the world by her stage name, Sabrina Bryan, Reba Sabrina Hinojos is an accomplished entertainer who has made her mark in all the fields of entertainment, be it acting, dancing, singing, choreographing or writing. Bryan commenced her career by making guest appearance in television films. Her fate turned when she became one of the members of ‘The Cheetah Girls’ band. The character of Dorinda in the ‘The Cheetah Girls’ film trilogy marked her rise to stardom. In addition to films, the pop group released studio albums as well. Though Sabrina had earned a name for herself as a group member of ‘The Cheetah Girls’, it was her appearance as a contestant on the dance reality show, ‘Dancing with the Stars’ that made her a household name. Over the years, she has released a DVD workout, ‘BYOU’ and its sequel ‘BYOU 2’. She has tried her hand at fiction as well with the book, ‘Princess of Gossip’ co-written along with Julia DeVillers
- Sabrina Bryan was born as Reba Sabrina Hinojos to Fred Hinojos and Kathy Hinojos on September 16, 1984 in Yorba Linda, California, US. She has a sister, Starr.
- Bright and beautiful, she was blessed with a striking personality and charisma. At the tender age of nine, she bagged the first-runner up position in Miss La Mirada pageant.
- Completing her elementary studies, she enrolled at the Esperanza High School in 1998, from where she graduated in 2002.
- In 2003, she attended the Chapman University in Orange, California for a degree in Public Relations and Advertising.
- Even before completing her studies, Sabrina Bryan’s career was decided. Her knack for acting, singing and entertainment made it obvious for her to pursue a career in performing arts.
- She made her debut opposite Angela Lansbury in the year 1996 for the television film, ‘Mrs Santa Claus’. She guest starred in a couple of television shows including ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’, ‘The Geena Davis Show’, ‘The Jersey’ and ‘Grounded For Life’
- Her big break came when she bagged a spot in the Disney-created music group, ‘The Cheetah Girls’. Subsequently, she was cast in the eponymous film, which was released in 2003. Along with three other members, she was highly praised and lauded for her acting abilities. The music of the film went double platinum.
- Following the success of ‘The Cheetah Girls’, the group took the show on road, touring and recording albums. Just like other members, she became famous and was recognized as ‘Dorinda’, the character she played in the film.
- In 2005, The Cheetah Girls pop group released their first album, ‘Cheetah-licious Christmas’. A Christmas album, it featured eight classic Christmas songs and five original scores. The group also went on Cheetah-licious Christmas Tour to promote their album.
- Year 2005 witnessed the release of her solo project, a DVD workout ‘BYOU’. Targeting young girls, the DVD sold more than quarter million copies. The success of the DVD led Sabrina to come out with the song, ‘Byou’. Following year, the song was featured in the ‘Radio Disney: Move It’ CD. In 2009, she came up with its sequel, ‘BYOU 2’ which featured the soundtrack, ‘C’mon’
- In 2006, a sequel to ‘The Cheetah Girls’ film ‘The Cheetah Girls 2’ was released. The film broke all box office records. While its music went platinum, the film became the most watched Disney Channel original movie, surpassing ‘High School Musical’.
- Along with other members of the group, Sabrina toured the entire US on ‘The Party’s Just Begun Tour’ revelling the success of their second film and the band in general.
- On September 25, 2007, the group released their officially debut studio album, ‘TCG’. Exactly a month prior to releasing the album, they released the first single on Radio Disney, ‘So Bring It On’. Ten days ahead of the album, the second single ‘Fuego’ was released.
- In 2008, the group came up with the final film of The Cheetah Girls trilogy, ‘The Cheetah Girls: One World’. Popularly known as ‘The Cheetah Girls 3’, the film premiered on Disney Channel. Same year, Sabrina was seen in the straight-to-DVD film ‘Mostly Ghostly’ and in the comedy film, ‘Help Me, Help You’. She also paired with writer Julia DeVillers to pen a fiction, ‘Princess of Gossip’.
- Following the success of the film trilogy and their debut studio album, Sabrina along with other band members went on a ‘One World Tour’.
- In 2009, The Cheetah Girls band disbanded.
- In 2010, she gave voice for the character of Pamela Hamster for the two episodes, ‘Hooray for Hamsterwood’ and ‘Pamela Hamster Returns’, in the animated Disney channel series, ‘Fish Hooks’,
- While Sabrina’s role of ‘Dorinda’ and as a member of ‘The Cheetah Girls’ earned her much fame and recognition, it was her participation in the season 5 ‘Dancing with the Stars’ television show, in 2007, that made her a household name.
- Paired with professional dancer Mark Ballas, Sabrina was one of the top contenders for the trophy. Though she was the leading scorer in the first, third and fourth week of the show, her sixth week performance received the lowest score. Adding to the woes, she was voted out, a decision which came as a shock not just for the judges but fellow contestants and live audience as well.
- For the season 5’s last week of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ show, she returned with her partner Mark Ballas to perform in the show. With this, she became the first contestant to guest perform in the penultimate week.
- In 2012, she was chosen as one of the contestants for the fifteenth season of the show, ‘Dancing with the Stars’. This time, she was paired opposite ballroom dance professional, Louis van Amstel. Interestingly, in this season as well, she was eliminated in the sixth week, despite a perfect score of 30. What’s more, the day of elimination coincided with her season five elimination day, i.e. October 30.
- Other than serving as the contestant in the season five and fifteen of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ show, she served as a celebrity correspondent for behind-the-scenes look at season 8 of Dancing with the Stars for E! News, and TV Guide show Reality Chat. From season 9 to 12, she hosted backstage for the show. She also interviewed winners of season 10 show.
- In 2012, she starred as one of the celebrity dancers in the Live Dancing with the Stars Las Vegas Show at Tropicana Resort and Casino theatre.
- The highpoint in Sabrina Bryan’s career came when she was officially selected as one of the members of the pop group ‘The Cheetah Girls’. While the group was hugely popular amongst the audience for their three studio albums, their fame and recognition multiplied when they starred in Disney Channel’s original film, ‘The Cheetah Girls’ and its two sequels. The trilogy was a blockbuster and Sabrina was noted for her role play of the character of Dorinda Thomas.
- In addition to being a part of ‘The Cheetah Girls’ empire, she launched her solo DVD workout, ‘BYOU’ which was a major success amongst young girls. She came up with its sequel ‘BYOU 2’ and a soundtrack for both the albums.
- In 2008, she collaborated with Mission Foods as their spokesperson for the Healthy Kids Challenge. One of her role is to help educate kids on easy ways to stay healthy and be active
How To Cite
People Also Viewed