Ryan Garcia Biography
Nick Name: The Flash
Sun Sign: Leo
Born in: Victorville, California
Famous as: Boxer
father: Henry Garcia
mother: Lisa Garcia
siblings: and Kayla, Demi, Octavia, Sasha, Sean
U.S. State: California
Ryan Garcia is an American professional boxer competing in the Super Featherweight and Lightweight divisions. Although he was born in the US, he includes his Mexican heritage in his persona and is often seen carrying both the American and the Mexican flags. During his early years in professional boxing, he gained popularity after knocking out Miguel Carrizoza in less than thirty seconds. He made his debut against Edgar Mezza, winning the match by knockout (TKO). Garcia has been nicknamed ‘The Flash’ and has won 14 different titles for his nations. The titles include Junior Olympics, Junior Golden Gloves, National Pals, and Silver Gloves. He is promoted by American-Mexican professional boxer Oscar De La Hoya-owned Golden Boy Promotions.
- As an amateur, Ryan Garcia held a record of 215-15 in boxing. He made his professional debut on June 9, 2016, in Tijuana, California, where he fought against Edgar Meza. He won the match by TKO.
- On September 15, 2017, he beat Miguel Carrizoza by TKO in under 30 seconds to win the NABF Junior super featherweight title. The title was vacant before Garcia claimed it. He later defeated Cesar Alan Valenzuela from the US on November 2, 2017, and Fernando Vargas Parra from Mexico on March 22, 2018, to retain the championship.
- He remained unbeaten as of March 30, 2019, when he fought Puerto Rico’s Jose Lopez and beat him via corner retirement (RTD). Out of these 15 matches, he has won 15 through knockouts and 3 through decisions.
- On May 4, 2018, he defeated Jayson Vélez from Puerto Rico in a Unanimous Decision (UD) to win both the vacant NABF and WBO–NABO super featherweight titles.
- Among various professional boxers, he has fought against Jayson Velez, Noe Martinez Raygoza, Mario Aguirre, Jose Antonio Martinez, Hector Garcia, Christian Cruz, Luis Lozano, Tyrone Luckey, Cesar Alan Valenzuela, Jonathan Cruz, Mario Macias, and Fernando Vargas.
- To add to his accolades, he is a 15-time national amateur champion boxer. He was also cast as a lead in ‘Brat’, a web series.
- Ryan Garcia was born on August 8, 1998, at Victorville, California to Henry Garcia and Lisa Garcia. He has three sisters – Demi, Sasha, and Kayla – and a brother Sean Garica. Sean is also a professional boxer.
- His father wanted to be a boxer but ended up becoming a trainer. Garcia’s uncle, Sergio Garcia, too was a professional boxer. Ryan began training at an early age of seven alongside his brother, and he was trained by his father. His parents are both USA (Amateur) Boxing officials. Although he presently trains under Eddy Reynoso, who also trains Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, his father remains the second assistant in the training team.
- Ryan is currently not dating anyone, however, he has shown his admiration and love for singer Selena Gomez and said that he would like to date her.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed