Recommended For You
Ronni Hawk is an American actress, dancer, and environmentalist who wants to study Archeology, and star in action movies as well as drama films. She gained fame for portraying the beautiful but self-centered older sister, Rachel Diaz, on Disney Channel’s family sitcom, Stuck in the Middle, which premiered its first season in February 2016. Before that, she was featured in numerous national commercials for brands like Bank of America, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Target and Kohl's. She has also starred in a number of short films including ‘Found,’ ‘Oak Hill Silence,’ ‘Unspoken,’ and ‘Oblivious.’ A social activist, she wants to positively impact the world through her humanitarian works. She is currently campaigning to raise money for The Thirst Project to build freshwater wells to provide clean drinking water to impoverished communities in developing nations.
- Ronni Hawk was just 5 years old when she started to train as a ballet, jazz and modern dancer at the Boca Ballet Theatre. At the age of 12, she stepped into the entertainment industry as a model for some commercials and print campaigns in her native South Florida locality. She then took part in an acting workshop, where the coaches encouraged her to go to Los Angeles for better opportunities. Ronni soon moved to LA with her mother to audition for roles. She appeared in a number of short films before getting the role of Rachel in Disney Channel’s ‘Stuck in the Middle’. However, this has been her first ever theatrical booking. She auditioned for the role in February 2015, received a call from the producers on her way back home from audition, and got the role within a few weeks. A popular character on screen, her contract has already been renewed for a second season of the show.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Ronni Hawk So Special
- According to Ronni Hawk, the three words that describe her best are chill, creative and daring. A hard worker, she feels that her background in ballet dancing has taught her discipline and dedication. Her advice to aspiring actors is that they should be ready to go through a lot of hard work and rejection to achieve their dreams. Despite her fame, she is careful to maintain a balance between her work and her social life. She always makes sure to find time to spend with the people she cares about. Ronni, who is a part of the Latino community, is grateful to the producers of her show for the positive portrayal of her community in ‘Stuck in the Middle’.Besides her acting and dancing skills, what sets her apart from the rest of her kind is a genuine intent to give back to the community. Since a very young age, Ronni was influenced by her father, who, as part of mission trips for the church, provided dental services and basic needs to communities in third world countries like Colombia. She often helped her father in his philanthropic works. As she grew up, she started to take part in charity work, like cleaning beaches, going to rallies or volunteering at dog rescue centers. She later actively looked for charities she can work with, and partnered with The Thirst Project, an organization that works to raise money and spread awareness regarding the worldwide water crisis. She is hoping that her new-found celebrity status would help her in raising more money for the charities she is a part of.Beyond Fame
- Quite contrary to her onscreen character Rachel, Ronni Hawk is a tomboy who likes to hike, swim, ride roller coasters and snorkel. However, a deep love for her family is a trait she shares with her onscreen persona. When she was young, she wanted to be a criminal defense lawyer, but she eventually fell in love with acting. She was so influenced by an archeology class when she was in the 6th grade that she would love to study archeology in college, and also would love to act in action films like the Indiana Jones series.Behind The Curtains
- Ronni Hawk was born as Veronica Faith Hawk on September 9, 1999 in Boca Raton, Florida. Playing the oldest daughter in a family of 9 on television, Ronni has actually been a part of a huge family all her life. She is the third child of Ronald and Bambi Hawk, and has four siblings, two brothers and two sisters named Ben, Katy, Ashlyn and Jared. Her elder brother and elder sister are quite older than her and were already married when she was very young. She studied at BAK Middle School of the Arts in Palm Beach, Florida, before moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. She is currently homeschooled. She is in a relationship with a guy she has been dating for two years.Trivia
- If Ronni could work with three actors of her choice, she would choose Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and Cillian Murphy.
How To CiteArticle Title- Ronni Hawk BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/ronni-hawk-29527.phpLast Updated- April 23, 2018
People Also Viewed