Robie Uniacke Biography
Famous as: Businessman, Partner of Rosamund Pike
Spouse/Ex-: Emma Howard (m. 1983 – div. 1988)
children: Atom Uniacke, Florence Uniacke, Hector Uniacke, Olive Uniacke, Robie Jonjo Uniacke, Solo Uniacke
Partner: Rosamund Pike (2009–)
City: Hertfordshire, England
education: Eton College
Robie Uniacke is a British businessman and mathematical researcher who is best known as the long-time partner of English actress Rosamund Pike of 'Gone Girl' fame. Rosamund Pike has time and again credited Robie Uniacke’s ‘astute mind' for helping her focus on her career and shape the way she approaches her characters. The actress admires him for his "wit, intelligence and irreverence" and has also credited him for making her fearless. A businessman, Robie Uniacke was in charge of as many as three companies in 2008 according to a 'Dailymail UK' report. He later established the IT consultancy company, Pale Fire Ltd, in 2010. However, the company was declared insolvent and was subsequently dissolved in 2016.
- While the most of the details about Robie Uniacke's early career as a businessman or his vague reputation as a 'mathematical researcher' is unknown, he had been through a number of broken relationships, much like her future partner Rosamund Pike, which was revealed after he began dating the actress in 2009. Form his past as a drug addict to his two failed marriages, everything surfaced on international media. Nevertheless, he has managed to keep a low profile except for occasional outings with the actress and their children.
- Robie Uniacke was born in 1961 in the UK. He was educated at Eton College in Windsor, England. He has been interested in mathematics since he was a child. He is also very fluent in Mandarin.
- Robie Uniacke's first marriage was to 30-year-old Emma Howard, the daughter of the late Earl of Carlisle, whom he married in 1983, at the age of 22. They have one son named Robie Jonjo Uniacke. However, it was an unhappy marriage which didn't last more than a few years and both of them had to be rehabilitated due to serious heroin addiction. He then married interior designer Rose Batstone, with whom he welcomed three children: Hector, Olive and Florence Uniacke. Unfortunately that marriage didn't last long either. His daughter, Olive, is a close friend of 'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe.
- According to some sources, Robie began dating actress Rosamund Pike in late 2009. She was previously in a couple of unfortunate relationships; one with film director, Joe Wright, which ended over an alleged fall out over 'pre-wedding postcards', and another with actor Simon Woods, who came out as gay two years into the relationship. However, this time she was drawn to a much older man outside the entertainment industry because, in her own words, he was "the most interesting person I've ever come across". Reportedly, he is very "articulate and ruthless" about the roles she takes on and often helps in keeping in check her tendency to "imagine there is more on the page than there is".
- The couple has been together for almost a decade now and has welcomed two sons together: Solo Uniacke, born on May 6, 2012, and Atom Uniacke, born on December 2, 2014. However, the couple is in no hurry to get married as Pike had told 'Vogue' after the birth of her first child that it was interesting to break the rules by having a baby without getting married. Interestingly, two times married Robie has also been spotted wearing T-shirts with quotes like "marriage is gay". He is known as a Sinophile who talks to their children almost exclusively in Chinese. According to Pike, even at four, Solo could translate Chinese for her during their visits to Beijing.
- Just as Rosamund Pike's new film 'Entebbe' hit the theatres in May 2018, Robie Uniacke got entangled into financial issues as 'Dailymail UK' reported that he had been disqualified as a company director after admitting to a number of offences during the investigation into the collapse of his company Pale Fire Ltd. It was also mentioned that he had failed to pay a total of £179,602 in taxes to HMRC. According to the liquidator's report, the account of his dissolved company was overdrawn by £133,000. It also stated that he had no other income or assets but an offer of £25,000 'in full and final settlement of the overdrawn…account…by a third party'. While the liquidator had accepted his offer, as part of the disqualification process, he was obliged to sign a 'schedule of unfit conduct' admitting that failed to ensure that his company complied with 'statutory obligations' and caused it 'to trade to the detriment of HMRC' on VAT and corporation tax. Interestingly, he also admitted making no payments to HMRC since July 2012 despite receiving £260,508 in his account during the next couple years. Moreover, according to his own statement, he used £144,060 of that money for his personal use, £10,514 on mobile phones, and £25,154 on other payments and bank charges.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed