Rick Salomon Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Rick
Born in: Neptune Township, New Jersey
Famous as: Poker Player
Height: 1.75 m
father: Robert Jess Salomon
children: Hunter Daily Salomon, Tyson Daily Salomon
U.S. State: New Jersey
Rick Salomon is one of the most famous and renowned American poker players. He rose to fame for his alleged high profile romantic link ups. From Paris Hilton to Pamela Anderson, Salomon, the charmer that he is, is often in the limelight. Presently, he wears the cap of an independent film producer and poker player. The love and passion for poker has been deeply embedded in Salomon. He was so fond of playing poker that he became known as a big home game player within the Los Angeles area. He also started an online gambling site. The big breakthrough came in when he won a huge 2.8 million cash prize in World Series of Poker Big One for One Drop. Following his victory, Salomon hit the headlines way too often but mostly for his alleged relationships with high profile actresses and socialites including Paris Hilton. He has been thrice married and divorced.
- Rick Salomon was born as Richard Allan Salomon on February 24, 1969 in Neptune Township, New Jersey. His father, Robert Jess Salomon, was former executive Vice President of Warner Bros. Not much other than this is known of his childhood, early life or education.
- While most of us struggle to bridge a gap between our passion and our career, there are a lucky few who have managed to change their passion into their profession and Rick Salomon clearly falls in the latter list. Having a passion for poker, in 2003, Salomon started his career by owning an online gambling site. Quite an unconventional career to pursue, Salomon, however, did not budge away from his choice and stuck to it. Life changed him a complete 360 degrees when he won a huge 2.8 million cash prize in World Series of Poker Big One for One Drop. Suddenly, Salomon became the man of the hour. His victory garnered him much limelight, fame and recognition. After the phenomenal victory at the World Series, Salomon became the talk of the town for his high profile link-ups. He was reportedly in a relationship with Paris Hilton which involved lot of controversy and scandal. Movie offers also came along as Salomon appeared in movies, such as ‘My Sister’s Keeper’, ‘Whose Your Caddy?’ and ‘Alpha Dog’. In addition to gambling, Salomon works as an independent film producer.
- Rick Salomon’s relationship with entrepreneur, socialite and television personality Paris Hilton remained the talk of the town. The two reportedly made a sex tape which eventually got leaked. Acting immediately, Salomon filed a lawsuit against the company which was distributing the material and against Hilton’s family, accusing the latter of spoiling his reputation by stating that Hilton was underage when the tape was made. The lawsuit was worth $10 million. Later, Hilton sued the company that released the tape, Kahatani Ltd., for $30 million for violation of privacy and emotional distress. In April 2004, Salomon began distributing the tape himself through adult-film company Red Light District Video under the title ‘1 Night in Paris’. In July 2004, Salomon finally dropped his lawsuit against the Hilton family after Paris Hilton's privacy lawsuit was thrown out of court. It is alleged that Hilton wanted a share in the profits availed from the tape. Salomon reportedly paid Hilton $400,000 and also a percentage of the tape’s sale profit.
- Though he has been in news right after his victory at the World Series of Poker, most of the times (read: almost all of the times), it has been for his alleged high profile relationships and marriages. Immediately after his World Series win, he was reportedly in a relationship with Paris Hilton. He even made a sex tape with her titled ‘One Night in Paris’.
- In 1995, Salomon married actress, Elizabeth Daily, in 1995. The couple was blessed with two daughters Hunter and Tyson. However, things did not go well between the two and they legally separated in 2000.
- In 2002, he married actress. Shannen Doherty. The marriage hit the rocks within nine months. Salomon walked the aisle with renowned actress, Pamela Anderson, on October 6, 2007. Since beginning, their marriage underwent a turbulent phase. Though the two made efforts to reconcile their differences, in March 2008, they annulled their nuptial which was followed by a divorce proceeding. They married yet again on an unspecified date but filed for a divorce on July 2014.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed