Renée Felice Smith Biography
Renée Felice Smith is an American actress, writer, producer, and director. She gained fame for her portrayal of Nell Jones on the CBS hit series ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’. The award-winning actress has been one of the main cast members of the show. Besides appearing on the series, she is also an accomplished stage actress. She has delivered astonishing performances in plays like ‘Wildflower.’ One of Smith’s best-known TV roles has been in the show ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’. Additionally, she wrote, co-directed, and starred in the critically acclaimed movie ‘The Relationtrip’. Besides that, some of Renée Felice Smith’s other top-rated movies are ‘The Wyoming Story’, ‘That Thing with the Cat!’, and ‘Nanny Cam’. She is undoubtedly one of the finer actor-directors of her generation. Winning awards like the ‘Grand Jury Prize’ at the ‘Dallas International Film Festival’ and the ‘Nell Shipman Best Directors Award’ at the ‘Long Island Film Festival’ has only cemented her legacy. She also enjoys a massive fan following on Instagram and Twitter.
- Renée Felice Smith’s journey in the world of entertainment started at a very young age. As a child, she was attracted to acting. With the support of her parents, Smith landed her first acting job at the age of six. She starred in a TV commercial for ‘Dannon’ yogurt. Like many other actresses starting out, she decided to hone her craft in the world of theatre. While she made her on-stage debut with ‘Wildflower’, she would also work on different projects across USA. She studied at the ‘Stonestreet Studios Conservatory’, part of the ‘New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts’. In 2008, she made her TV debut in the role of the ‘auditioner’ in the TV series ‘Viralcom’. She made quite an impression and then landed the role of Dinah Thorpe in the tentatively titled CW sitcom ‘Wyoming’. Unfortunately, the series was not picked up. The pilot episode was released as a TV movie, ‘The Wyoming Story’ (2010). But her dwindling fortunes were about to change.
- In 2010, Renée Felice Smith landed the role of Nell Jones in the series ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ (2010 – present). The role would turn out to be her breakthrough role. She made her debut in the series as a recurring character in the season two episode, ‘Special Delivery’ (October 5, 2010). Smith was able to showcase her versatility in the role. After that, she would appear in six more episodes before her character was made a series regular from the episode ‘Disorder’ (December 14, 2010). Her portrayal of the incredibly smart intelligence analyst in the series has made her a fan favorite.
- Renée Felice Smith landed a supporting role in the movie ‘Detachment’ (2011). She then went on to portray the character of Emma in the comedy movie ‘That Thing with the Cat’ (2014). Renée would later reprise the role in the 2017 movie ‘That Thing with the Cat!’ In 2014, she starred in the short film ‘Code Academy’ and the thriller movie ‘Nanny Cam’. She then appeared in the short film ‘Baby’ (2015) before giving a critically acclaimed performance as Belle in the series ‘It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia’. She was seen in the episode ‘A Cricket’s Tale’ (2017). Also a director, Smith won the 2013 ‘Nell Shipman Best Directors Award’ for her short film ‘Young(ish)’ (2013). She wrote, directed, and served as the executive producer of the short comedy-drama. She has also directed and/or served as an executive producer on short films like ‘Go Fish’ (2014), ‘Baby’ (2015), and ‘Pivot’ (2016).
- In 2017, Renée Felice Smith starred as Beck in the movie ‘The Relationtrip’ (2017). She also wrote the movie and was the executive producer. She co-directed the film with C.A. Gabriel, and won the ‘Grand Jury Award’ at the 2017 ‘Dallas International Film Festival’. The movie remains one of her most successful directorial ventures and was even nominated at the ‘Nashville Film Festival’ and the ‘SXSW Film Festival’.
- Renée Felice Smith was born on January 16, 1985, in New York City, USA. She was raised in Great South Bay, Patchogue. She has one sister, Monika Felice Smith. Her mother’s name is Karen Felice Smith. Her father’s name has not been revealed on social media, although he has been featured on her Instagram posts. Renée studied at the ‘Patchogue-Medford High School’ on Long Island, New York. She later graduated from the ‘New York University Tisch School of the Arts’ and was associated with the ‘Stonestreet Studios Conservatory’. She also studied at the ‘Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute’.
- Renée Felice Smith has been in a longtime relationship with American director Christopher Gabriel.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed