Reginald Arvizu Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Reginald Quincy Fieldy Arvizu
Born in: Los Angeles County, California, US
Famous as: Musician
Spouse/Ex-: Deena Beber, Shela Colton
children: Harmony Rose, Israel Arvizu, Noa Arvizu, Olivia Ann Marie Arvizu, Sarina Rae
U.S. State: California
Reginald Quincy Arvizu, also known as ‘Fieldy’, is an American musician who is popularly known as the bassist of the ‘nu metal’ band ‘Korn’. He is also associated with the American rock band ‘StillWell’ as their guitarist. Fieldy is the one who was responsible for bringing together all the existing members of the band ‘Korn’; he is also the one who comes up with the names of the albums the band releases. He has a unique style of playing his bass guitar and he describes himself as “a drummer with the bass guitar”. His signature style is playing the bass as a percussion instrument which results in making it sound more like a drum than a bass guitar. He is also very much influenced by the hip-hop genre and he himself accepts the fact that most of the bass lines written by him are influenced by that. He also takes care of the sale and purchase related matters of the band.
- Reginald Arvizu was friends with Brian Welch, one of the guitarists of Korn, from his school days. Together they played in other bands during their student days. Following their graduation, both of them, along with James Shaffer (the other guitarist of Korn) and David Silveria (the drummer of Korn), moved to Los Angeles. They initially formed a band named ‘L.A.P.D.’ which was an abbreviation of ‘Love and Peace, Dude’; later they changed it to ‘Laughing As People Die’.
- The band successfully signed a record deal. However, it was not until they brought in singer Jonathan Davis and changed the name of the band to ‘Korn’, that the group experienced real success. Fieldy uses a five-string Ibanez model SDGR SR1305 and has developed a signature style of playing with bass slapping, standard finger-style plucking, and left-hand muting. With his standard tuning of ‘A, D, G, C, F’ which gives a unique sound, he has successfully differentiated his band from the other bands in the same genre.
- Since his school days, he has been influenced by many iconic musicians and bands and acknowledges them for his success. He has been heavily influenced by Michael Peter Balzary of the rock band ‘Red Hot Chili Peppers’. Others like William David Gould (also known as Billy Gould), the bassist of the American rock band ‘Faith No More’, Leslie Edward Claypool, the bassist and lead vocalist of the band ‘Primus’ and Late Cliff Burton from ‘Metallica’, are some of the many he admires in his life.
- Fieldy had been a regular for the band Korn for many years since the time of its launch. However, in 2012, he decided to take a break as his second wife was expecting their first child together.
- He loves hip-hop and has set up his own hip-hop project besides being associated with Korn. His rap project is named ‘Fieldy's Dreams’ which has already released its first album ‘Rock'n Roll Gangster’. Apart from music, he is also inclined towards fashion and has started his own clothing line.
- Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu was born in Los Angeles County, California on November 2, 1969. He has been married three times and has five children from his last two marriages. He married Shela Colton, his second wife, in 1988 and has two daughters named Sarina Rae, born on September 30, 1997, and Olivia Ann Marie Arvizu, born on December 9, 1998. The couple later divorced.
- He married his long-term girlfriend Deena Beber on May 13, 2006, and has three children with her, a son Israel Arvizu, the eldest, born in February 2007, a daughter, Harmony Rose, born in November 2009, and another son, Noa, born on August 13, 2012.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed