Rebecca Black Bio
Rebecca Black is an American YouTube personality and pop singer. She gained tremendous fame for her famous song “Friday”. She uploads music and other videos to her YouTube channel. Her first single, “Friday” sold over 442,000 copies in the United States alone. The song peaked at Rank #58 in the Billboard Hot 100 list in its second week of release. She is believed to be associated with ARK Music Factory. She has been a hot topic in the media due to some controversy with the ARK Music Factory. The viral video was removed yet its re-upload and the original views make up to 240,000,000 views approximately. She has been singing and dancing since her early childhood. She has a strong family support for her singing career, especially from her Mom. She is an active user on social networking sites, especially, Twitter, where she likes to express herself through her tweets.
- Rebecca Black was born Rebecca Renee Black on 21st June 1997 in Irvine, California. Both her parents, John Jeffery Black and Georgina Marquez Kelly are veterinarians. She is of English, Mexican, Polish, and Italian descent.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:She attended a private school in her early childhood till sixth grade. However, she was bullied in the school due to which she shifted to a public school, where she joined the musical theater program actively and according to her, joining it made her feel made for being in musical theater.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Later, however, she dropped out of school for homeschooling and due to continuous taunts from her schoolmates. This gave her an opportunity to concentrate more on her career. Another reason for that was she failed her English class due to her busy schedule.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:You May LikeContinue Reading BelowCareer
- Rebecca’s career started with her first single, “Friday”. The music video was recorded by her with a collaborative effort with the ARK Music Factory. Her Mom inspired her to make the video and paid ARK $4000 to assist her in doing so. The video was released on YouTube and grossed a 1000 views in its first month. However, it went viral later and earned huge views and subscribes.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Later, she was selected by MTV to host its first online awards show, O Music Awards Fan Army Party in the early 2011.After that, she made several other singles like ‘My Moment’, ‘Person of Interest’, ‘Sing it’ and ‘In Your Words’.In 2012, Telstra brought her to Australia and made her their ambassador to promote their 4G service. She also signed into Maker Studios YouTube Network in the same year.In late 2013, she released her sequel to ‘Friday’, with Dave Days. It was called ‘Saturday’. Saturday reached Rank #55 in the Billboard’s Hot 100 list. However, it didn’t stay there more than a week.After ‘Saturday’, she uploaded many covers on her YouTube channel. Some of them were ‘We Can’t Stop’, ‘Wrecking Ball’, and ‘Wild’.She played herself in the documentary film released in 2012, ‘Katy Perry: Part of Me’. This was a 3D autobiographical documentary on Katy Perry.She voiced the character of ‘Penny’ in the 2013 animated film, ‘Legend of a Rabbit’. Later, in 2014, she was cast as herself in the ‘Fine Brothers in a Web Series’.In 2016, she played herself in the Web series, ‘Life after Friday’.She had announced the release of an album by 2015 which according to her, she had been working on since the release of ‘Friday’. However, she did not release any album or even a single after ‘Saturday’.In 2016, however, she made a return when she released ‘The Great Divide’ which was followed by ‘Foolish’ in 2017.Major Works
- Rebecca’s most popular work is her first song, “Friday”. This video was released in a collaboration with ARK Music Factory. It later got into controversies regarding the rights of the song. The Blacks and ARK got into legal disputes over it and the video was removed off YouTube’s channel of ARK.Later, Rebecca uploaded it on her own channel. The total views have crossed 240,000,000 in 2015.After ‘Friday’, her only song to make it to the Billboard’s Hot 100, she released ‘Saturday’. It is the sequel of ‘Friday’. It reached even higher ranks in the list.She released a web video called ‘Life After Friday’ where she bids goodbye to her parents and tells them that she would not be attending college. Instead, she pursues her dreams after settling in Los Angeles. It was released on Go90.Awards & Achievements
- Rebecca was nominated for the Favorite Animated GIF Award by MTV O Music Awards in 2011 for “Which seat can I Take” that included her footage.She received the Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star in August 2011.In 2012, she became the topmost searched on Google, defeating even Lady Gaga and Adele. The statistics were provided by ‘Zeitgeist’.Her second most famous song, ‘Saturday’, made it to the Billboard’s Hot 100 list. It reached as high as #55.Her debut release, ‘Friday’ which earned her all the fame reached #72 in the Billboard’s Hot 100 list in the first week. In the second week, it reached to #58. It stayed in the top 100 for around six weeks. The song was so popular that it made it to the top 100 in countries like Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, and United Kingdom.She was featured on ABC’s ‘Primetime Nightline: Celebrity Secrets’ Underage and Famous: Inside Child Stars’ Lives’.Personal Life
- Rebecca was threatened for death through e mails and phone calls after the release of Friday. She often feels like she is cyber bullied. However, she was backed by Simone Cowell and Lady Gaga.She loves dancing at parties and has been doing it since she was a child.She doesn’t overestimate her singing capabilities but claims that she is not a bad singer at all.She believes in herself and wants to prove to people that there is more in her than what people normally think. She believes that she is worth something and that she would be big someday.She finds Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez very inspiring as they have achieved quite a bit at a very young age and wants to be like them.Her favorite band is One Direction and claims to have a huge crush on Josh Hutcherson.She is straight and likes guys with a sweet cute smile and bright expressive cute eyes.She has a lot of friends and believes that they make an important part of her life.Trivia
- The cover version of Friday, released by Glee made it to Rank #33 on the Billboards list.She appeared along with Isaac Hanson, Kenny G, Darren Chris and others in the music video for Katy Perry’s single which was called Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).