Post Malone Biography
Post Malone, born as Austin Richard Post, is an American rapper, singer-songwriter, and record producer. One of the emerging new talents in the hip-hop industry, he is best known for his debut track "White Iverson", a song that peaked at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and was later certified quadruple platinum by RIAA. He is also known for his single "Rockstar" that rose to #1 on the same chart and cemented his position as an upcoming singing star. Born in Syracuse, New York, Malone began playing the guitar at the age of 14 and then went on to create his first mixtape titled ‘Young and After Them Riches’ during his high school years. Since his breakthrough hit single, Malone has worked with many prominent rappers including Young Thug, Kanye West and 50 Cent. Malone’s music has been referred to as a "melting pot of the grunge, country, R&B and hip-hop”. The young singer cities Bob Dylan as his inspiration and calls him "a god" and "a genius" when it comes to music. He is a fan of former President John F. Kennedy and has even got a tattoo of him on one of his arms. According to Malone, Kennedy has been the only president to speak out against corruption.
- Post Malone was born as Austin Richard Post on July 4, 1995 in Syracuse, New York, the USA to Rich Post and his first wife. His parents eventually divorced and his father, who was a disc jockey in his youth, raised him with his second wife, Jodie Post. He also introduced young Austin to different genres of music including country, rock, and hip-hop.When Malone was nine, he and his family moved to Texas after his father was allotted the post of a manager of concessions for the football team Dallas Cowboys.He began learning the guitar after watching the video game ‘Guitar Hero.’ In 2010, he auditioned for the American rock band ‘Crown the Empire’ but was rejected.At the age of 16, he created his first ever mixtape titled ‘Young and After Them Riches’ using the digital audio editor Audacity. He shared it with some of his schoolmates at the Grapevine High School and was voted "Most Likely to Become Famous" by them as a senior in school.As a teenager, Malone worked at a Chicken Express. He attended Tarrant County College for a while. However, he dropped out from there and moved to Los Angeles, California with Jason Probst, his friend and professional game streamer.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- After moving to Los Angeles, Post Malone, Probst, and a few other artistes and producers formed the group BLCKVRD and began creating music together. Soon after, Malone wrote the song "White Iverson" and released the song in August 2015. On July 19, 2015, he released a music video for the song.The song "White Iverson" received more than one million views within a month of its release, gaining Malone much popularity in the music industry. In August 2015, he signed a deal with Republic Records.In August 2015, he also performed at the event of Kylie Jenner's 18th birthday party. During the party, he met Kanye West who was impressed by him and asked him to join him on his single "Fade" from the album ‘The Life of Pablo’. Malone subsequently recorded with a number of renowned rappers such as 50 Cent and Young Thug.The American rapper later collaborated with the Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber and performed the opening act for Bieber's Purpose World Tour in 2016.On April 20, 2016, Malone premiered his new song titled "Go Flex" on Beats 1 show. In May that year, he released his first full-length mixtape titled ‘August 26.’ He also made his TV debut the same year when he performed on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live.’He released his much-awaited debut album, ‘Stoney’ on December 9, 2016. It had the hit single "Congratulations" featuring Quavo. The album debuted at #6 on the US Billboard 200.On February 20, 2018, he previewed "Psycho,” his new track with Ty Dolla Sign. The song debuted at # 2 and later peaked at # 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. His second album, ‘Beerbongs & Bentleys,’ was out in April 2018.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- In February 2017, Post Malone talked about his album ‘Beerbongs & Bentleys’ that was all set to be released in December that year. In September, Malone released the first song from this album titled "Rockstar". The song debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and managed to hold the spot for about eight consecutive weeks. In November 2017, the official music video for the song was released.His album ‘Beerbongs & Bentleys’ was released on April 27, 2018 and went on to be certified double platinum in the US, Canada, and New Zealand. It also recorded phenomenal sales in other countries, such as Mexico, Norway, the UK, and Switzerland.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Controversies & Scandals
- Post Malone has been described as "Donald Trump of hip-hop" by Republic Records. The executive of the record label believes that the things that should have killed Malone’s music career have only made him more popular. The American rapper has also been referred to as "a rich child whose parents paid his way into music”.He has been called a "culture vulture" several times on social media as well as by different publications for appropriating African-American culture. In an interview given to ‘GQ’ in 2018, Malone stated that it’s a struggle being a white rapper.In a November 2017 interview with ‘NewOnce,’ the singer said that the current hip-hop music does not involve people talking about “real shit.” He also stated that "if you're thinking about life, don't listen to hip-hop music”. After the statements, Malone received social media backlash including caustic comments from fellow rappers Vince Staples and Lil B.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life
- Post Malone currently resides in Los Angeles. He also owns a $3 million home in northern Utah.Malone has dated the popular rapper Ashlen Diaz in the past. The couple met each other after Malone booked Diaz for a show.Trivia
- Post Malone has a face tattoo that says 'Always Tired' underneath his eyes!People frequently create memes on him. They make use of the rapper’s stage name and develop phrases likes 'Post Cologne', 'Coast Malone', 'Water Malone', 'Roast Malone', 'Toast Malone,' and so on.
How To CiteArticle Title- Post Malone BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/post-malone-41888.phpLast Updated- August 23, 2018
People Also Viewed