Polo G Biography
Girlfriend: Crystal Blease
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Taurus Tremani Bartlett
Born in: Old Town, Chicago, Illinois
Famous as: Rapper
City: Chicago, Illinois
Taurus Tremani Bartlett, better known by his stage name, “Polo G,” is an American rapper and songwriter. He is best recognized for his song ‘Pop Out.’ Also called “Mr. Capalot” or “Polo Capalot,” the ace rapper from Chicago, Illinois, started gaining attention after he began releasing tracks on ‘YouTube.’ He initially released tracks such as ‘The Come Up’ and ‘Never Cared’ and made his debut on ‘SoundCloud ‘with the mixtape ‘OFFICIAL POLO.G SOUND CLOUD.’ ‘Gang With Me’ marked his first hit single, which was followed by another hit, ‘Finer Things.’ He wrote the latter while in prison. It proved to be his breakthrough single and amassed millions of views on ‘YouTube,’ bringing him into the limelight. Soon, major record labels started showing interest in him. The rapper finally signed a distribution deal with ‘Columbia Records and released ‘Pop Out’ featuring Lil Tjay. The song earned millions of views on ‘YouTube’ and reached number 22 on the ‘Billboard Hot 100,’ marking the first charting song of the rapper. With time, Polo G became a ‘YouTube’ sensation and also earned decent fame through other social-media platforms, such as ‘Instagram’ and ‘Twitter.’
- Polo G was born Taurus Tremani Bartlett, on January 6, 1999, in Old Town, Chicago, Illinois, US. There is not much information available on his family, except that he, along with his elder and younger brothers and younger sister, were raised by his parents in the Old Town area of northern Chicago.
- According to sources, Polo G had to suffer the loss of many of his family members and friends. While growing up, he also became associated with drugs, car theft, and high-speed car chase, which saw him getting arrested more than five times. This resulted in Polo G spending time in correctional facilities in Chicago on several occasions.
- The ‘Chicago Police Department’ records show that the rapper was arrested on October 25, 2017, and his rap sheet mentions that he was arrested for possessing around 10-30 grams of cannabis and for criminal trespassing. On another occasion, Polo G was arrested on 3942 W Roosevelt Road. The incident took place on December 14, 2017. He was released on a bond of $1,500 the following day. In both cases, he had to spend time at the ‘Cook County Department of Corrections.’
- According to a ‘VLAD’ interview of the rapper, he was arrested in March 2018, just 5 months prior to his signing with ‘Columbia Records.’ However, this arrest was not registered. While struggling with his personal life, Polo G found solace in music. He eventually carried his interest in music forward and emerged as a star.
- The first song that Polo G recorded was ‘ODA.’ In a ‘rollingout.com’ interview, he recollected the experience as thrilling. He began to release tracks on ‘YouTube’ in 2017 and gradually earned attention. Following this, he released more tracks, such as ‘Never Cared’ and ‘The Come Up.’
- The official ‘YouTube’ channel of the rapper was launched on May 23, 2018. The same month, he made his ‘SoundCloud’ debut, with the mixtape titled ‘OFFICIAL POLO.G SOUND CLOUD.’ That very day, he uploaded 10 songs on his ‘SoundCloud’ page.
- His first hit track was ‘Gang With Me’ (2018). It was played more than 3.28 million times on ‘Soundcloud.’ His next hit, ‘Finer Things,’ was written by him in prison. The inspirational and melodic song, which was also released in 2018, furthered his fame to new heights. He thus established himself as one of the most promising rappers in the music industry. The video of the track, uploaded on his ‘YouTube’ channel on August 25, 2018, has so far managed to earn an incredible count of over 54 million views.
- The success of ‘Finer Things’ saw Polo G earning offers from major record labels. He wanted to retain his independence and finally signed a distribution deal with ‘Columbia Records.’ On February 1, 2019, he released the song ‘Pop Out’ through ‘Columbia Records.’ The song featured American rapper and songwriter Lil Tjay and was called a "hard-nosed anthem" by ‘Billboard’ magazine. It debuted at number 95 on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ chart, emerging as the first charted track of Polo G. It later peaked at number 22 on the chart. The music video of the track, uploaded earlier on his ‘YouTube’ channel on January 13, 2019, became a sensational hit and has gained over 78 million views so far.
- Meanwhile, another hit track of Polo G, ‘Battle Cry’ (2019), has succeeded in accumulating over 27 million views after its music video was released on ‘YouTube’ on January 28, 2019. Other popular music videos of the artist that amassed millions of views on ‘YouTube’ are ‘Polo G - Hollywood (Official Video) Ryan Lynch’ and ‘Polo G - Deep Wounds Official Video By Ryan Lynch.’
- The ‘YouTube’ channel of Polo G has already managed to earn over 692 thousand subscribers and more than 212 million views. He has also gained fame through other social-media platforms. His ‘Instagram’ account, ‘polo.capalot,’ has gained more than one million followers, while his ‘Twitter’ account, ‘polo_capalot,’ which was launched in September 2016, has garnered over 32 thousand followers.
- Polo G’s music was earlier recognized for its Chicago-style rap sound that included delivery of quick verses. Of late, the rapper has released tracks that are more melodic. His debut studio album, ‘Die a Legend,’ released on June 7, 2019.
- Recently Polo G, along with Cardi B, performed as opening acts at the ‘WGCI’s ‘Big Jam’ in Chicago. Polo G has also come up with his own clothing line, ‘Polo.G Capalot.’
- Polo G is romantically involved with Crystal Blease. Rumors claim that the two are already engaged. Crystal has been mentioned in many of Polo G’s posts on his ‘Instagram’ and ‘Twitter’ accounts, where she is often referred as “Mrs. Calpalot.” Polo G also released a song in February 2019. The song was called ‘Ms. Capalot’ and was on his lady love. It has already gained millions of views.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed