Pinky Lalwani Biography
Pinky Lalwani is a former Indian air hostess and the current girlfriend of disgraced liquor baron Vijay Mallya. Vijay Mallya is facing money laundering and fraud charges and has fled from India to UK. Extradition proceedings are under process and efforts are on to bring Mallya back to India in order to try him under India Penal Code for the Rs 9,000 crore he owes to several Indian banks on behalf of Kingfisher Airlines which ceased operations in 2012. Mallya has also been accused of not paying salaries to his employees for nearly two years, while he could afford to spend 14 crores to buy cricketer Yuvraj Singh for his IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2014. However, none of these affected Lalwani's unwavering support for him, and based on recent news, it seems that Mallya may soon give recognition to her love and adoration by tying the knot for the third time with her. It should be noted that Mallya is still legally married to his second wife Rekha Mallya, which might delay the process if the two are actually planning marriage.
- Pinky Lalwani was first spotted beside Vijay Mallya as he took Jet Airways flight 9W122 to London on March 2, 2016 in order to escape from India. Pinky Lalwani was accompanying Mallya, she was reported by the media as a mystery woman at the time. However, it didn't take long for the media to trace her pictures alongside Mallya and his family members far back in 2011, when they first met. It was reported that Mallya, who at the time was the owner of the now-defunct Kingfisher Airlines, had offered her a job as a flight attendant for the company.
- It was revealed that she was close to his mother and took care of her. It was also reported that they might be secretly married already, or at least contemplating to tie the knot. She has since then stood by his side during the bankruptcy scandal and supported him throughout the tough times he went through since escaping to UK from India. She was also present in the public gallery at his extradition case at Westminster Magistrates Court in London. She again gained instantaneous media attention after tabloids caught her and Mallya celebrating their third anniversary in mid-March 2018.
- While there is very limited information available about Pinky Lalwani at the moment, it is known that she comes from a Sindhi family and has probably never married before. Her actual age in not known either, but her age difference with her current beau, Vijay Mallya, is strikingly noticeable.
- Pinky Lalwani first met Vijay Mallya back in 2011 when she took a job as an air hostess for Kingfisher Airlines. They began dating in the following years and reportedly are in a live-in relationship ever since. They have been spotted together at several public events She has also been seen accompanying Mallya's mother as well as the other members of his family, especially his only son Siddharth. After Mallya was charged with a fraud and money laundering case and left the country on March 2nd, 2016, she accompanied him like many others of his family.
- In late March 2018, after the two were spotted together celebrating the third anniversary of their relationship, news spread that they were expected to tie the knot soon. However, either of them is yet to confirm the news officially. If she gets married to Mallya, she will be his third wife. He was previously married to Sameera Tyabjee, an air hostess of Air India, for a short period of time between 1986 and 1987. They have a son together, Siddharth Mallya. In 1993, he got married for the second time to Rekha, a childhood friend, who is still legally married to him. They have two daughters together, Leanna and Tanya. Rekha and her daughters reportedly live in California, USA most of the time, but maintain a bungalow in Bangalore where she grew up.
- Pinky currently lives together with Mallya at his mansion in Hertfordshire, about an hour and a half from London. Mallya was arrested by Scotland Yard on an extradition warrant in April 2017, but is currently out on bail.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed