Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born in: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Famous as: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Son
Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt is a photographer and the third adopted child of Hollywood actors, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Pax Thien was first adopted by Jolie in 2007, and was later adopted by Pitt in 2008. He made his film debut in 2014, when he played a minor role in the Robert Stromberg-directed dark fantasy film ‘Maleficent.’ He then voiced a character named Yoo in the 2016 animated film ‘Kung Fu Panda 3.’ Pax Thien interested in photography during his early teens. His Instagram page has an array of pictures that depict his photography skills.
- Pax Thien was born on November 29, 2003, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. His birth name is Pham Quang Sang. Pax Thien’s biological mother, Pham Thu Dung, who was suffering from heroin addiction, abandoned him just two days after his birth when she was informed about his liver-related medical condition. After being abandoned, Pax Thien was brought up in ‘Tam Binh Orphan Center’ by a caretaker named Bui Thi Thanh Tuyen. In 2006, Angelina Jolie was looking to adopt a healthy child from Vietnam. In November that year, she visited ‘Tam Binh Orphan Center’ along with her then boyfriend Brad Pitt and went ahead with the adoption process. Since Vietnam does not allow unmarried couples to co-adopt a child, Jolie chose to adopt Pax Thien as a single parent. Pax Thien was not informed about his adoption beforehand and was hence caught off guard at the time of his adoption. According to the director of Tam Binh Orphan Center, Nguyen Van Trung, Pax started crying when Jolie started speaking to him. However, he eventually regained his composure as Jolie did all that she could to make him comfortable. After returning to the US, the boy’s name was changed legally and on February 21, 2008, he was adopted by Brad Pitt. Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt was home-schooled along with his siblings.
- After his adoption, Pax Thien started appearing at red-carpet events and movie premieres alongside his parents and siblings. In December 2014, he was seen with Brad Pitt at the premiere of ‘Unbroken,’ which was directed by Angelina Jolie.
- In 2015, Pax was featured in the ‘Vogue’ magazine along with his parents and siblings. In 2017, he made headlines for celebrating his 14th birthday in grand style. While his mother and siblings were seen celebrating alongside him, Brad Pitt was not invited to the party as Jolie and Brad had filed for divorce in 2016.
- In 2017, Pax was presented with an opportunity to work as a still photographer on the sets of ‘First They Killed My Father,’ which was directed by Angelina Jolie. In addition to being screened at the ‘Toronto International Film Festival’ and at the ‘Telluride Film Festival,’ the film was also honored at the ‘Hollywood Film Awards.’ In 2018, Pax Thien attended the 75th ‘Golden Globe Awards’ and walked down the red carpet along with his mother.
- After his parents separated in September 2016, Angelina got the primary custody rights over Pax Thien, while Brad Pitt was granted visitation rights. Pax Thien is close to his five siblings – Maddox, Vivienne, Knox, Shiloh, and Zahara. Unlike his siblings, he doesn’t like hogging the limelight.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed