Patricia Tumulak Biography
Patricia Marie Tumulak is a Filipino model, beauty pageant queen and a television host hailing from Manila. With the dreams of starting a pre*school of her own, she started her career scoring good grades in academics but somewhere down the line, her interest shifted towards modelling. She eventually went on to participate in the Miss Philippines Earth Beauty pageant and ended up being the third runner up, grabbing the honour of Miss Philippines Fire 2009. Although, the honour wasn’t as big, but considering her humble background that she came from, it was all she needed to build up confidence in her and in 2014, she was honoured with the prestigious title of Miss Multiverse Philippines, and quite naturally, she went on to represent her country in the Miss Multiverse International pageant held in 2014 in Dominican Republic. The television stints followed and she became one of the most known faces in the Filipino entertainment world. She does brand endorsements, and is presently appearing as a co*host of a show called ‘Eat Bulaga!’
- Patricia Tumulak was born in the national capital region of Philippines, on 3rd March 1988. In some of her early interviews, she suggested that she hailed from an average middle class family and never thought about joining the entertainment industry. She attended Miriam College, and studied Child Development and Education, as until that point, she wanted to be a school teacher and desired to open a pre-school.
- Somehow, her focus shifted to the glamour world while in college, and she turned her further education towards Hair Design and Beauty in the Ortigas Branch and did one year course in Basic Glamour and Bridal makeup before embarking on a career at the pageants.
- She also did some voluntary teaching while in school, just before entering into the world of beauty pageants. She still maintains that it is her dream to teach little children the values, ethics and importance of environment and wants to open a pre-school.
- As a student, Patricia Tumulak was a keen environmentalist and wanted to work towards it. Her good looks and passion for modelling encouraged her to participate in the Miss Philippines Earth pageant in 2009. The contest works toward spreading awareness regarding nature conservation and she found it as the best platform to do her share of work towards the issue. The stiff competition had almost 50 other participants from across the country.
- In the final round of the contest, Patricia was named into the final 10 contestants, who would then move forward to compete in the final rounds. Taking full advantage of her stage presence and immense confidence level, Patricia achieved high scores in the swimsuit and evening gown rounds, and made an entry in the top five. She didn’t win the competition but was named Miss Philippines Fire, which is an equivalent to the third runner up.
- By the time the pageant culminated, she had already grabbed the honour of receiving Miss Science and Technology award and was crowned as Miss Philippines Fire. She was crowned by Kristelle Lazaro, the previous title holder and the event culminated with Patricia becoming the talk of town in San Juan city, and other places in Philippines.
- Modelling assignments started pouring in and Patricia looked ahead to a great career in modelling. She participated in Binibining Pilipinas in 2011 and figured in the final 15 participants. Even though Patricia didn’t even enter the final 5 in the competition, yet she remained one of the most loved participants in the pageant and displayed the qualities of a real beauty with brains, with a heart of gold.
- Patricia later said that she saw Binibing competition as a great platform to spread awareness regarding HIV/Aids epidemic, which happens to be quite prevalent in her home country. By 2014, television offers started coming in and Patricia appeared in many shows such as ’24 Oras’, ‘Walang Kapalit’, ‘Calle Siet’ and ‘Pagpapatawad’.
- However, no television presence would give her as much recognition as ‘Eat Bulaga’ which happens to be the longest running Noon Time Variety show in Philippines. Patricia joined the show as a co-host and was immensely loved and accepted by the audiences due to her free-talking and fearless approach.
- Patricia’s love life has been quite a secretive affair, which Patricia doesn’t like to talk about. But media fascination with her has given birth to several link-ups. She has been linked with Alden Richards, but there has been no confirmation regarding the same and Patricia maintains that she is busy with her work and is currently single.
- In her free time, Patricia likes to watch movies and is a diehard fan of Ashton Kutcher. She is a photography enthusiast as well and spends most of her holidays clicking pictures and uploading them on Social media.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed