Pamela Sue Martin Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: Hartford, Connecticut
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Bruce Allen (m. 1990–1998), Jorge Brusch (m. 1979–1980), Manuel Rojas (m. 1982–1984)
father: Thomas Martin
mother: Margaret Martin
children: Nicolas Allen
U.S. State: Connecticut
education: Staples High School
Pamela Sue Martin is an American actress best known for her portrayal of detective Nancy Drew in ABC’s ‘The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries’. She is also known for playing the socialite Fallon Carrington Colby in the channel’s soap opera ‘Dynasty’. Born in Hartford, Connecticut, and raised in nearby Westport, Pamela Sue Martin started modeling at the age of 17 following her graduation from Staples High School. She was earlier working at a hamburger stand when she decided to emulate her friend who was earning a decent amount of money by modeling in New York. She was eventually hired for some television commercials and print advertisements, and ultimately landed small and big screen offers. In her sixties now, Martin continues to act, and also owns a theatre company. She has been deeply involved in environmental causes since the 1980s. The veteran actress has struggled with interstitial cystitis in the past.
- Pamela Sue Martin started modeling at 17 and went on to appear on several magazine covers including ‘Us Magazine,’ ‘TV Guide,’ ‘Ingenue,’ ‘New Woman Magazine’ and ‘Dawn Magazine.’ She made her big screen debut in 1972 when she appeared in the disaster film ‘The Poseidon Adventure’. That year, she also had a role in ‘To Find a Man’, a comedy-drama film also starring Lloyd Bridges and Darren O'Connor. Soon after this, the actress did the television film ‘The Girls of Huntington House’. In 1974, she featured in the films ‘Our Time’ and ‘Buster and Billie,’ and also played Sally Underwood in the TV movie ‘The Gun and the Pulpit’.
- From 1977 to 1978, Martin played the role of Nancy Drew in ABC’s series ‘The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries’. Soon after the series ended, she featured in Lewis Teague’s romantic drama ‘The Lady in Red’. She made guest appearances in an episode each of ‘Fantasy Island’ and ‘The Love Boat.’
- In 1981, the actress joined the cast of ‘Dynasty’ as Fallon Carrington Colby, a role she played until 1984. Following an appearance in the film ‘Torchlight’, she did the TV films ‘Strong Medicine’ and ‘Sky Trackers,’ which followed the adventures of families residing at a space tracking station. It won many television awards. During this time, Martin also starred in the coming-of-age survival drama flick ‘A Cry in the Wild’ alongside Jared Rushton, Stephen Meadows and Ned Beatty.
- In the ensuing years, she appeared in an episode each of ‘That '70s Show’ and ‘The L Word.’ After this, she was cast in the movies ‘Soupernatural’ and ‘McTaggart's Fortune’. In 2017, the actress played a leading character’s mother in the television film ‘My Christmas Prince’.
- Pamela Sue Martin was born on January 5, 1953, in Hartford, Connecticut, USA, to Thomas and Margaret Martin. She attended Staples High School, from where she graduated in 1971.
- Following her divorce from her first husband Charles Gates, she married Jorge Brusch in 1979. The couple separated a year later. After this, the actress married Manuel Rojas, divorcing him as well in 1987. From 1990 to 1998, Martin was married to her fourth husband, Bruce Allen, with whom she has a son.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed