Paige McKenzie Biography
Paige McKenzie is an American YouTuber, author, and actress. She is best known for her work in ‘The Haunting of Sunshine Girl’, a popular web drama series comprising of horror stories and short films on ghosts and zombies. The series, produced by her company Coat Tale Productions, was launched in 2010 on YouTube and has surpassed 300 million total views and 600k subscribers as of now. Her mother, actress Mercedes Rose, also features in the series. McKenzie, who is a very talented author, has also spun the series into a trilogy of books that have been published in over six countries including the United States. Possessing a wicked sense of humor, McKenzie has an incredibly sharp mind and knows how to keep her audience engaged. She is regular at interacting with her fans and this is one of the reasons people like her. She is an avid fan of the social media app Pinterest. She is very close to her mother and reaches out to her for professional advice.
- Paige McKenzie started uploading videos of the series ‘The Haunting of Sunshine Girl’ on YouTube in December 2010. Produced by Coat Tale Productions and featuring professional artistes likes Mercedes Rose, Nick Hagen, Maxwell Arnold, Adrienne Vogel and Seth Renne besides Paige McKenzie, the series quickly rose in popularity and managed to earn over 4.3 million total hits within a year. The series is filmed in Vancouver, Oregon and other places in Washington. It tells the story of a young girl documenting the paranormal activities in her house. Some of the show’s most popular episodes are “The Original Haunting”, “Paranormal Powers”, “Halloween Special: A Halloween Haunted Adventure” and “The Cabin in the Woods”, to name a few. As for now, the series has earned over 600k subscribers and has accumulated more than 300 million views in total.
- Paige McKenzie has also turned her series into a trilogy of books. These books have been published in over half a dozen countries including USA. Her first book was published in the year 2015 by Weinstein Books and received praise from acclaimed author R.L. Stine and Hollywood director Wes Craven.
- Currently, McKenzie is working in conjunction with author Nancy Ohlin for ‘B'witch,’ a book series to be published in 2019 by the Disney Book Group imprint Freeform Books. It is a story of two rival teen witches—one bad and the other good—who team up to investigate the death of one of their classmates. With an impressive dose of supernatural elements, the book series is surely going to impress the readers!
- Paige McKenzie was born on April 14, 1995 in the United States to actress Mercedes Rose. Her mother has appeared in the films ‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ and ‘The Waiting List’ and the TV shows ‘Leverage’ and ‘Funny or Die Presents’. She has also featured in multiple games of the Mario franchise as the voice of Rosalina.
- Paige’s first paid acting project was in preschool when she was booked for a commercial for a health website called Gazoontite.com (presently defunct). At the age of 16, she was diagnosed with celiac disease and since then has been eating gluten-free food.
- She initially used the pseudonyms Frances Jones and Sunshine Girl to avoid online stalkers.
- The actress cum author has masklophobia.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed