Nia Renee Hill Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Bill Burr
children: Lola Burr
City: Los Angeles
education: Emerson College, Boston
Nia Renee Hill is an African-American actress, writer, and producer, famous for her stellar performances on multiple TV shows. The actress, who has also been making her foray into the world of fashion, is equally famous for being married to popular comedian Bill Burr. Her best-known works include, ‘Lila, Long Distance’, ‘Divorce: A Love Story’, ‘Crashing’ and many others. She was also a stylist for the short film ‘Pizzazz: Where's My Movie?’. Nia Renee Hill lives an extremely happy married life, often sharing glimpses of it on social media platforms. However, what sets her apart from others is her unwillingness to share details about her personal life with the media. Her humble lifestyle is a mirror of her nature. She is also actively involved in the betterment of society and often reaches out to help communities in need. In more recent times, she has shown her support for equal rights movements.
- Like many others, Nia Renee Hill started acting at an early age; she used to perform in school dramas. This soon turned out to be her passion, and Nia enrolled herself in Emerson College, Boston. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in media arts, Nia started auditioning for roles.
- In 2001, Nia started her journey in Hollywood as a casting assistant for the TV show ‘The Education of Max Bickford’. She followed a similar path behind the camera, as a talent coordinator for the TV series, ‘Chappelle’s Show’, in 2003. But she did not make her acting debut until 2009 when she appeared in the short ‘Carpool’. She gained valuable experience from her first stint, but struggled to land meaty roles. In 2011, Nia landed the role of Tasha Smyth in the TV series ‘Lila, Long Distance’. Her acting was praised and there was no stopping the young African-American actress after that.
- Consequently, in 2012 she had a small role in the short comedy ‘Did You Look for Work This Week?’. The next year, in 2013, Nia Renee Hall made her movie debut with the hugely successful TV movie ‘Divorce: A Love Story’. The comedy centering on a divorced couple, allowed her to showcase her acting chops and comedic timing.
- In the next few years, Nia started learning and studying more about fashion and lifestyle. She also gained valuable experience, while working as a stylist in ‘Pizzazz: Where's My Movie?’ (2014). She appeared as herself in the Sarah Silverman comedy special ‘Sarah Silverman: Diva’ (2013).
- 2017 turned out to be the biggest year in the actress’ career. She landed the role of Leslie in the Netflix horror-comedy series ‘Santa Clarita Diet’. Her performance in the episodes ‘We Can’t Kill People’ and ‘So Then a Bar or A Monkey’ showed off her perfect comedic timing and acting range. She followed that up by co-creating and lending her voice to the animated series ‘F Is for Family’. The show was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in 2017. In 2018, she also appeared as herself in the comedy series ‘Crashing’ in the episode ‘Bill Burr’.
- Additionally, Nia’s lifestyle and fashion blogs for ‘xoJane’ are read by thousands of readers, gaining her more fame. Her marriage to comedy icon, Bill Burr, and appearances on his ‘Monday Morning Podcast’, have only added to her increasing popularity. This can be clearly seen by her ever-increasing followers on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
- Nia Renee Hill, often finds herself, having to mention multiple times on social media, that many websites use actress, Regina King’s face instead of hers to describe Nia. She was also obviously annoyed by Google searches often describing Regina King as Bill Burr’s wife instead of her and tweeted about in on January 4, 2018. Attributing this to racial stereotyping by online media, Nia received support from many celebrities and fans.
- Nia Renee Hill was born on June 2, 1969, in Los Angeles, California, USA. Her parents divorced when she was very young. She was raised by her father, who was a manager of comedy acts. She has stepbrothers and sisters, but has not revealed their names or her parents’ names to the media. She went to ‘Greensville County High School’, in Virginia, and then attended ‘Emerson College’, Boston graduating in 2000. She met and fell in love with comedian, Bill Burr, in 2008. The couple got married in September 2013. To maintain their privacy, the couple has not shared the actual date or any images from the wedding anywhere. They welcomed their daughter, Lola, on January 20, 2017, who can be often seen on her mother’s Instagram page.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed