Natalia Tena Biography
Boyfriend: Sam Apley
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Natalia Gastiain Tena
Born Country: England
Born in: London, United Kingdom
Famous as: Actress
father: Jesús Andrew Gastiain
mother: María Gastiain
City: London, England
education: Bedales School
awards: Goya Award for Best New Actress
Gaudí Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Natalia Tena is an English actor and musician. She is best known for her portrayal of ‘Nymphadora Tonks’ in the ‘Harry Potter’ series. Tena was taught to play the piano by her mother since she was 5. Tena worked with a few theater groups and learned to play the accordion. She made her debut in movies with the comedy–drama movie ‘About a Boy.’ She performed in plays such as ‘Gone to Earth,’ ‘Nights at the Circus,’ and ‘The Clean House.’ However, it was the ‘Harry Potter’ series that helped Tena become popular. She performed in the film adaptations of ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ and several of its sequels. Tena was seen as ‘Osha’ in the popular fantasy series ‘Game of Thrones.’ She played the lead role in the Spanish romantic movie ‘10,000 km.’ Tena received several awards for her performance in this movie. Tena performed in the lead role in the series ‘The Refugees.’ She is a talented singer, too, and performs as the lead singer and accordionist of the music band ‘Molotov Jukebox.’ The band has released albums such as ‘Carnival Flower’ and ‘Tropical Gypsy.’
- Natalia Gastiain Tena was born on November 1, 1984, in London. Her father, Jesus Andrew Gastiain, is a carpenter. Her mother, Maria Gastiain, was an ‘Extremaduran’ secretary. Her family is of Spanish descent. Tena can speak fluent Spanish.
- Tena attended the ‘Bedales School.’ Her family was musically inclined. Since the age of 5, Tena started taking piano lessons from her mother. She was greatly influenced by American singer Chuck Berry.
- In the early days of her career, Tena worked with the theater group ‘KneeHigh.’ While working there, she learned to play the accordion. Later, she performed at the ‘London Underground.’
- In 2002, Tena made her debut in movies. She was cast as ‘Ellie’ in the comedy–drama movie ‘About a Boy.’ Tena attended the audition on the insistence of her teacher. Her character, ‘Ellie,’ was the girlfriend of one of the protagonists. It marked the beginning of her acting career.
- The following year, Tena took up acting as her full-time profession. In 2004, she performed as ‘Hazel’ in the play ‘Gone to Earth.’ In 2005, she performed as ‘Cathy’ in the play ‘Bronte.’ In 2005, she performed small characters in movies such as ‘The Fine Art of Love’ and ‘Mrs. Henderson Presents.’ In 2006, Tena performed as ‘Fevvers’ in the play ‘Nights at the Circus.’
- In 2007, Tena bagged one of the most prominent characters in her acting career. She was chosen to portray ‘Nymphadora Tonks’ in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.’ The movie was based on the novel of the same name by J. K. Rowling. This was the fifth of ‘Harry Potter’ series of movies. ‘Nymphadora’ was depicted as a character that was clumsy in handling her spells. She worked as a spy for the ‘Order in the Ministry.’ Tena performed brilliantly and was seen in the sequels of the movie, too.
- The year 2009 saw Tena performing as ‘Nymphadora Tonks’ in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.’ In the subsequent years, she was seen in both part 1 and part 2 of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.’ In 2010, Tena was cast in the movie ‘Ways to Live Forever.’ She portrayed ‘Annie,’ a nurse who called herself “Dracula.”
- In 2011, Tena starred in the lead role in the British movie ‘You Instead.’ It was a romantic comedy directed by David Mackenzie. The movie featured Tena as ‘Morello,’ the lead singer of an all-girl music band. The story revolved around the altercations between ‘Morello’ and another singer, ‘Adam,’ and showed them ultimately fall in love with each other.
- From 2011 to 2016, Tena appeared in several episodes of the TV series ‘Game of Thrones.’ It was one of the most popular shows on ‘HBO.’ The series featured Tena as ‘Osha.’
- In 2014, Tena performed in the lead role of the Spanish romantic movie ‘10,000 km.’ Tena portrayed ‘Alexandra,’ who struggled to balance her career and a long-distance relationship with her husband. Her remarkable performance in the movie won Tena the ‘Biznaga de Plata’ award at the ‘Malaga Film Festival.’ She was also nominated for the ‘Goya Award for Best New Actress.’ At the 2014 ‘SXSW Film Festival,’ Tena and her co-star David Verdaguer received the ‘Special Jury Recognition for Best Acting Duo.’
- In 2015, Tena performed as the lead character, ‘Emma Oliver,’ in the series ‘The Refugees.’ In 2017, Tena performed as the protagonist, ‘Sara Morton,’ in the series ‘Wisdom of the Crowd.’ The series was canceled due to weak ratings. In 2018, Tena was seen in the series ‘Origin,’ which was aired on ‘YouTube Premium.’
- Tena is the lead singer and accordionist for the music band ‘Molotov Jukebox.’ In 2014, the band released their debut album, ‘Carnival Flower.’ In 2016, they released their second album, ‘Tropical Gypsy.’
- Natalia Tena is believed to be in a relationship with Sam Apley, who is a singer in her music band. She prefers to keep her personal life guarded.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed