Moneybagg Yo Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Demario DeWayne White Jr
Born in: Memphis, Tennessee
Famous as: Rapper
Grouping of People: Black Men
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Demario DeWayne White, Jr., more famous by his stage name Moneybagg Yo, is an American rapper best recognised for his charting mixtapes like ‘Federal 3X’ and ‘2 Heartless.’ He started with a number of singles, such as ‘2Much’ and ‘Sick of It.’ Starting from 2012, he released several mixtapes through ‘Bread Gang Entertainment,’ including ‘From Da Block 2 Da Booth,’ ‘October 20th,’ ‘Relentless,’ ‘Federal,’ and ‘ELO (Everybody Lives On)’ among others. The latter had guest features from American rappers like Yo Gotti and Migos' Quavo. Moving on, he signed with Yo Gotti's record label Collective Music Group (CMG) and the two collaborated to come up with mixtape ‘2 Federal,’ the second installment of the Federal series. He went on to sign a distribution deal with Interscope and eventually came up with his first commercial release with the American major record label titled ‘Federal 3X.’ Other notable works of Moneybagg Yo are mixtapes ‘Heartless’ and ‘2 Heartless,’ and compilation album ‘Moneybagg Yo Presents: NLess Ent x Bread Gang.’
- He was born on September 22, 1991, in Memphis, Tennessee, United States. There is hardly any information available on the family background, early life, and education of this talented rapper. He attended a local high school.
- On April 16, 2012, he released his mixtape titled ‘From Da Block 2 Da Booth’ via ‘Bread Gang Entertainment.’ He then came up with another mixtape titled ‘October 20th’ with the label on October 6 that year.
- His next mixtape, ‘La Familia,’ a collaborative effort with Slpy, released on February 3, 2014, through ‘Bread Gang Entertainment.’ The year that followed saw him coming up with two more mixtapes namely ‘Relentless’ and ‘Federal.’
- On January 20, 2016, he released a revision of the first instalment of the Federal series through ‘Bread Gang Entertainment.’ The mixtape titled ‘Federal Reloaded’ featured American rappers OG Boo Dirty and Young Dolph among others in guest appearances.
- This was followed by another mixtape titled ‘ELO’ (Everybody Lives On) on June 7, 2016. It featured American rapper Yo Gotti and American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer Quavo from the American hip hop trio ‘Migos’ among others.
- On July 26, 2016, he came up with yet another mixtape titled ‘All Gas No Brakes.’ The next mixtape of Moneybagg Yo was titled ‘4 The Hard Way.’
- Meanwhile, he signed with ‘Collective Music Group,’ also referred as ‘CMG.’
- Moving on, he collaborated with Yo Gotti to come up with the second installment of his Federal series titled ‘2 Federal.’ This collaborative mixtape, which has a sole guest appearance from Blac Youngsta, was released on October 31, 2016.
- Members of the American record production and songwriting team ‘808 Mafia,’ including TM88, Tay Keith, K Swisha, Ben Billions, and Karltin Bankz handled the production of ‘2 Federal.’ The mixtape peaked at #97 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at #48 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- One of his 2016 mixtapes got him a ‘Memphis Hip Hop Award for Mixtape of the Year.’
- The eleventh mixtape Yo titled ‘Heartless’ was released by ‘Bread Gang Entertainment,’ ‘N-Less Entertainment,’ and ‘Collective Music Group’ on February 14, 2017. It debuted at #181 on the US Billboard 200 chart. ‘Heartless’ featured American hip hop recording artist and singer-songwriter Lil Durk in the track ‘Yesterday’ and American rapper YFN Lucci in the track ‘Wit This Money.’ Producers of different tracks of the mixtape include Zaytoven, TM88, Track Gordy, Tay Keith, TK On Da Beat, Karltin Bankz and Jreid.
- Moneybagg Yo’s next mixtape titled ‘Federal 3X’ released on August 11, 2017, and it marked the first commercial release of the artist with ‘Interscope’ with which he had signed a distribution deal.
- ‘Federal 3X’ is the third instalment from Moneybagg Yo’s Federal series and has a sole feature by American rapper YoungBoy Never Broke Again on the track ‘Reckless.’ The mixtape debuted and peaked at #5 on the US Billboard 200 chart and peaked at #4 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- On November 17, 2017, Bread Gang Entertainment, Interscope, N-Less Entertainment and Never Broke Again LLC released his collaborative mixtape with YoungBoy Never Broke Again titled ‘Fed Baby's.’ The mixtape peaked at #21 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- He came up with a compilation album titled ‘Moneybagg Yo Presents: NLess Ent x Bread Gang’ through N-Less Entertainment on January 1, 2018.
- The thirteenth mixtape of Moneybagg Yo was released on February 14, 2018. Titled ‘2 Heartless,’ the mixtape serves as a sequel to ‘Heartless.’ It peaked at #16 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at #9 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- ‘2 Heartless’ featured artists Yo Gotti, Quavo, Lil Baby, and BlocBoy JB in guest appearances. An official headlining concert tour, called the ‘2 Heartless Tour,’ was announced by Moneybagg Yo on March 6, 2018, to promote the mixtape. The tour commenced on April 7, 2018 at Main Street Armory in Rochester.
- He has also received considerable social media attention. His Twitter account ‘moneybaggyo’ has amassed over 240 k followers. His other Twitter accounts ‘ItsMoneyBaggYo’ and ‘realmoneybaggyo’ have also accumulated more than 240 k and 109 k followers respectively. He is also popular on Instagram with over 1.5 million followers.
- He revealed during an interview with radio personalities DJ SuperStar Jay and Gray Rizzy that he has fathered seven children who were born out of four different women. He mentioned in one of his songs that four of his children are boys.
- Moneybagg Yo has fallen on the wrong side of the law a few times. He was arrested with 27 others at ‘Club Masarati’ in the midst of his CD release party on March 14, 2016, on the charges of possessing weapon and drugs. It was also reported that he was part of the ‘New Jersey Turnpike’ rest stop shooting that took place on August 19, 2017.
- The rapper likes to wear a bandana and is generally seen in jeans. He loves to have red wine and is fond of costly cars and jewelry.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed