Molly Elizabeth Brolin Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: James Brolin's Daughter
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Molly Elizabeth Brolin is an assistant producer, art director, and the daughter of actor James Brolin and his former wife, Jan Smithers. Molly has worked as a production assistant for several major Hollywood films and TV shows. She has also directed a stage play that made its debut at New York’s 'Wild Project' theater. Although her parents are divorced, Molly is in touch with both her parents. She also shares a cordial relationship with her stepmother, actor and singer Barbra Streisand. Molly has also worked with her half-brother, Jess Brolin.
- Molly is a successful producer. She made her debut as one of the production assistants of the 2011 short film, 'Royal Reunion.' The following year, she worked as one of the production assistants of the action–adventure comedy, 'Men in Black 3.' The same year, she also worked as an assistant producer of the TV documentary, 'John Mulaney: New in Town.'
- In 2013, Molly stepped into stage production. Soon, Molly and her ‘Berklee’ mate Justin Johnson moved to Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Johnson had a spellbinding experience while he worked in a stockroom in SoHo, Manhattan. He discussed his weird experience with Molly, and she was hit by the idea of turning it into a stage play. The result was 'Smile Swamp Princess,' a rock opera co-composed by actor Megan Lui and directed by Molly’s niece, Eden Brolin. As the art director, Molly majorly focused on the detailing of the props and costumes. She and Justin took a trip together to Atchafalaya Basin, a 150 mile-long wetland on the outskirts of Baton Rouge, the capital of the US state of Louisiana, to conduct in-depth research. The stage play premiered at the 'Wild Project' theater in New York’s East Village.
- In 2018, Molly worked as the assistant producer of the ‘Hallmark Channel’ TV film 'Royal Hearts.' Her father directed the film and played the lead, too. Molly appeared as a guest in the 2018 film 'Shadow of a Gun.'
- Molly was born on November 28, 1987, in Los Angeles, California, US. She is the daughter of actor, producer, and director James Brolin and retired film and TV actor Jan Smithers. Molly’s parents got married in 1986. When Jan was pregnant with Molly, she took a break from her acting career. After Molly’s birth, Jan devoted all her time to her daughter. James, however, had to travel a lot for work. This created a rift between Molly’s parents, and they ended up getting divorced in 1995. Jan wanted a break from the stress and thus moved to a peaceful countryside along with Molly. However, Molly has always been in touch with both her parents. When she was in high school, Jan traveled to India and turned toward spiritualism.
- Molly is the stepdaughter of American singer, songwriter, actor, and filmmaker Barbra Streisand and the younger half-sister of producer Jess Brolin, born to James and his former wife, Jane Cameron Agee.
- Molly is an alumna of 'Berklee College of Music,' located in Boston, Massachusetts.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed