Molly Brazy Biography
Molly Brazy is an American rap artist. She is popularly known for her chartbuster tracks 'More Facts’ and ‘Gang.' She rose to prominence after she was featured on the 'YouTube' channel owned by the independent American magazine '4sho Magazine.' All her music is available on this channel. Her music reflects her troubled childhood. Molly is sometimes regarded as one of the most controversial stars in the American rap scene. Her rebellious nature and her love for firearms have brought her a lot of negative publicity. Molly was once involved in a controversy after a video showing her pointing a gun at a toddler became viral. The controversy made several headlines. Amid this chaos, Molly released her debut mixtape. The mixtape, however, was a success.
- Molly had a difficult childhood and that reflects in her music. Despite her tough childhood, she developed a keen interest in music. She would often practice freestyle rap pieces in her living room and would record them. Molly later posted those videos on her social-media channels. Her 'Instagram' videos played a major role in helping her collaborate with the 'YouTube' hip-hop channel of '4sho Magazine,’ an independent American magazine focusing on urban culture, music, fashion, and films. In 2016, the channel began featuring Molly’s new compositions. Soon, her popularity grew significantly. By the end of 2016, Molly released her debut single, ‘More Facts.’ The single made her a star overnight.
- Molly released her first mixtape, 'Molly World,' toward the beginning of 2017. Some of the most popular songs from the mixtape were ‘2 Faced,’ ‘Lately,’ and ‘Fight Me.’ She has collaborated with rapper Cuban Doll for the song ‘Let it Blow.’ On December 8, 2017, Molly released her debut album, ‘Big Brazy.’
- Molly has collaborated a number of times with fellow Detroit-based rapper Rocaine. They have both featured a couple of times on '4Sho Magazine's 'YouTube' channel.
- Molly is highly active on 'Instagram' where her posts have earned her over a million followers.
- Molly found herself in a controversial situation when a video in which she was shown pointing a gun at a toddler became viral in 2017. The video was posted by one of Molly’s friends. It showed Molly playing with a gun in the presence of a child. While playing, she pointed the gun at the child. The video was disturbing to watch.
- The video was later investigated by Detroit police and cyber experts. Molly’s manager issued a statement saying that the gun in the video was actually a toy. Molly’s debut mixtape was released in the middle of this controversy.
- Molly Brazy was born on February 22, 1999, in Detroit. She grew up in the 'Joy Road' section of Detroit. She has a brother. Molly lost her father at a tender age. Her father was shot multiple times, and this incident made her aggressive. This aggression reflected in the music she made. Both Molly and her brother were raised single-handedly by their mother.
- Molly always had a fascination for firearms. She hated going to school and would often skip classes. She was eventually asked to leave school. Molly briefly worked at a salon as a hair stylist.
- Famous rappers Logic and Chief Keef are Molly’s role models.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed