Missy Peregrym Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Melissa Peregrym
Born in: Montreal, Canada
Famous as: Actress, Model
Spouse/Ex-: Zachary Levi (m. 2014–2015)
father: Rev. Darrell Peregrym
mother: Vanessa Peregrym
City: Montreal, Canada
education: Fleetwood Park Secondary School, Aurora College
Missy Peregrym is a model turned actress from Canada. She is best known for her roles in television series like ‘Dark Angel’, ‘Heroes’, ‘The Chris Isaak Show’, ‘Black Sash’, ‘Reaper’ and the most popular among them all, ‘Rookie Blue’. She has modeled for many high-profile brands, such as Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada and the Olympics. Missy’s filmography includes ‘Stick It’, ‘Backcountry’, ‘Something Red’ and ‘Wide Awake’. Being who she is, the talented actress did well in all of them. Missy is a big-hearted lady. She prefers utilizing her spare time by participating in different philanthropic events. She is associated with a non- political body, committed to making affordable safe foot-wear for societies inside South America. The Leo Awards nominee has also been honored with the Streamy Awards for Best Actress.
- Missy was born as Melissa Peregrym on June 16, 1982 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She, along with her two sisters, was brought up by her loving & caring parents, Vanessa Peregrym, a housewife and Rev. Darrell Peregrym, a minister.
- After spending some time in Montreal, the family moved to Surrey, a beautiful city lying in the province of British Columbia. There she earned her education, attending the Fleetwood Park Secondary School. Later during her youth, she lived in the City of Los Angeles.
- Always passionate about sports & games, Missy loved to play & watch both basketball & soccer. She even coached her high school basketball team.
- Missy also used to enjoy snowboarding during her school and college days. She graduated from Aurora College in the year 2004.
- All through her youth, she was a self-declared tomboy and was never a fashion or glamour girl. When she was 18 years old, Missy picked modeling as her profession.
- She then started gaining attention from her native land and from the international market, and eventually became an accomplished Canadian model cum actress.
- Missy commenced her modeling career with the well-known LizBell Agency. Her agency then encouraged her to do more ads & commercials. She eventually ended up modeling for the Olympics, Sprint Canada & Mercedes-Benz.
- In the year 2000, Missy debuted as an actress with a role in the Canadian based TV sitcom, ‘Dark Angel’. She then landed guest roles in numerous television series, such as ‘Andromeda’, ‘Life As We Know It’, ‘Tru Calling’, ‘Smallville’, ‘Jake 2.0’, ‘Black Sash’ and ‘The Chris Isaak Show’.
- After an uncredited role in the 2004 superhero movie ‘Catwoman’, Missy went on to grab her first lead role in the 2006 released film, ‘Stick It’. From 2004 to 2005, she played Jackie Bradford in the TV series ‘Life As We Know It’ and portrayed Candice Wilmer in the TV sitcom, ‘Heroes’.
- She soon landed her television lead role in the CW sitcom, ‘Reaper’, which she went on portraying from 2007 to 2009.
- In 2006, Missy did many philanthropic activities including distributing safe footwear to the underprivileged communities in South America.
- Her next lead role was that of Officer Andy McNally in the popular Canadian TV sitcom, ‘Rookie Blue’. Missy played the very character for a long time since the year 2010. In 2010, she was cast to portray Chloe Jocelyn, the lead character, in ‘Cybergeddon’, Yahoo’s web-based sitcom.
- The actress then played Jenn in the 2014 released Canadian horror movie ‘Backcountry’ by Adam MacDonald. Prior to this, the adept actress was also seen in the roles of Sara & Amy in the short films, ‘The Proposal’ in 2013 and ‘Something Red’ in 2011, respectively.
- Missy earned a nomination at the Canadian Screen Award for her performance in the hit series, ‘Rookie Blue’. But the award was bagged by her contemporary, Tatiana Maslany.
- Dark Angel – Missy commenced her acting career with this television series, which was shot in Vancouver. The futuristic science fiction series is about a soldier who is genetically modified. First aired on October 3, 2000, the series lived up to the much-hyped expectation.
- The Chris Isaak Show – This series is a fictional adaptation of the life story of American rockstar, Chris Isaak. The series was aired from March 12, 2001 to March 25, 2004 and Missy was seen as Julia in the episode titled ‘Gimme Shelter’.
- Black Sash – Missy was next seen as Tory Stratton in a total of 8 episodes of this action series. Aired on March 30, the series was a flop.
- Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss – Missy starred as Tina in this made for television film that portrays the life of ahigh profile prostitute named Heidi Fleiss. The film was released on March 29, 2004.
- Life As We Know It –This American sitcom ran from October 7, 2004 to January 20, 2005. It was an adaptation of the novel, ‘Doing It’. Missy was seen as Jackie Bradford, a soccer player, for 13 episodes.
- Heroes – This thriller series is among one of the most noted works of Missy. She played the character of Candice Wilmer. Aired on September 25, 2006, the series ran for four more seasons.
- Reaper – Missy had a recurring role of Andi Prendergast in this paranormal comic series. The series was aired from September 25, 2007 to May 26, 2009.
- Rookie Blue – Missy played the lead role of Andy McNally in all the six seasons of this crime drama. The series was aired from June 24, 2010 to July 29, 2015.
- Catwoman – Missy made her movie debut with this superhero feature, but unfortunately, her role was uncredited.
- Stick It – Missy then stepped in as the lead in this film, playing a rebellious gymnast. Released on April 28, 2006, the film mostly received positive reviews.
- The Streamy Awards (2013) – Missy won the Best Female Performance in Drama for ‘Cybergeddon’.
- Golden Maple Awards (2016) –Missy won the Maple of Excellence for Outstanding Acting Achievement.
- In 2012, Missy Peregrym was rumored to be bisexual and that she was having an affair with actress Rachel Skarsten. However, she proved it wrong and married her beloved Zachary Levi Pugh on June 16, 2014 in Maui, Hawaii.
- Later in 2015, she filed for divorce. Before marrying Zachary, she had a few broken relationships including the one with Brandon Countee from 2005 to 2006.
- Later in the year 2007, the gorgeous actress was hooked up with Ben Roethlisberger, a professional US football quarterback. The duo was together until their breakup in 2008.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed