Miranda May Biography
Miranda Elizabeth May is an American television and film actress best known for her lead role in the television series ‘Bunk'd.’ Starting her acting career as a child artist, she appeared in the medical drama series ‘E.R.,’ the sitcom ‘Samantha Who?’ and ‘Liv and Maddie’, a comedy television series. Passionate about stand-up comedy from a young age, she performed at several venues in Las Vegas for eight years. Blessed with a unique way of connecting with the audiences, she gained popularity and played several characters in her routines. Critics have appreciated her comedic timing and her ability to connect with the viewers with ease. Besides acting, she also likes scriptwriting and enjoys singing, reading, and shopping in her leisure time. She has a good sense of fashion and is keen on starting her own clothing line.
- Miranda Elizabeth May started her acting career at the age of eight and moved to Los Angeles when she was just ten. On the big screen, she debuted in the movie ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ in 2007 when she was 11. It was a romantic comedy film directed by the Farrelly brothers, starring Ben Stiller and Malin Akerman. However, she was not credited in the film. In 2008, she was cast in the film ‘Lower Learning’, directed by Mark Lafferty.
- On the small screen, she debuted in the medical drama series ‘ER’, created by novelist Michael Crichton. It was aired on NBC for 15 seasons till April 2009. She also appeared in the popular series ‘Samantha Who?’ aired on ABC from 2007 to 2009.
- Miranda is blessed with the skills required for performing stand-up comedy and performed at Las Vegas’ Hollywood Improv, Brea Improv, and Harrah's Hotel for eight years.
- In 2015, she took up the recurring role of Spacey Lacey on ‘Liv and Maddie’ season 2 on Disney Channel. This comedy series was created by John D. Beck and Ron Hart, and continued till March 2017. Miranda’s character was introduced in the episode ‘Rate-A-Rooney’, which highlighted the importance of positive self-image in young girls.
- Born on April 6, 1996, in Bowling Green, Ohio, Miranda Elizabeth May is the youngest in her family and has three siblings. She was homeschooled.
- In a post on Instagram, she wrote that she was teased for having naturally full lips. “Now people pay thousands of dollars to have fuller lips,” she added. On social media, she encourages her fans to love their natural selves and flaunt what they are born with. She also admitted to her fans through a post that her mom is her best friend. Miranda told ‘J-14’ that her ‘Bunk'd' co-star Peyton List is a good friend now but she didn’t like her when she met her for the first time at the audition for the show.
- Miranda takes out time from her busy schedule and does charity work with her sister Stephanie. They meet sick children at hospitals and try to bring smiles on their faces. The siblings also participate in runs and other fundraising events.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed