Mike Trout is an upcoming American professional baseball player who plays for the ‘Arizona Angels.’ He made his professional debut playing for the ‘Angels’ in the ‘Arizona League.’ He was their third-best prospect and ‘Baseball America’s 85th-best all-rounder. He was named a ‘Baseball America All-Star’ and a ‘Topps Class A All-Star’ at the age of 19. Trout made his major-league debut for the ‘Los Angeles Angels’ and became the team’s youngest player to hit two home runs in one game. He was the second-youngest ‘All-Star Game Most Valuable Player’ (MVP) after Ken Griffey Jr. and has created many more records. He was unanimously voted as the ‘American League MVP’. ‘Sports Illustrated’ has rated him as the number one baseball player, and he has been named as a starting outfielder in the current ‘Major League Baseball All-Star Game.’ Despite becoming famous, Mike has remained grounded and attached to his family. He dated Jessica Cox since his high-school days and recently got married to her after knowing her for 11 years. He is one of American professional baseball’s most promising players and has a bright future ahead of him. He is active on social media and has a large fan base.
- Mike was born Michael Nelson Trout, on August 7, 1991, in Vineland, New Jersey, US, to Jeff and Debbie Trout. His father played baseball for the ‘Minnesota Twins,’ till he had to retire due to an injury. He has a sister named Teal and a brother named Tyler.Mike was a die-hard ‘Philadelphia Phillies’ fan and began playing baseball in ‘Cal Ripken Baseball,’ ‘A Division of Babe Ruth League.’ He studied at ‘Lakeside Middle School’ and graduated from ‘Millville Senior High School’ in 2009. He then studied at the ‘East Carolina University.’He was fond of sports and played basketball and baseball for his high-school team. He started baseball as a pitcher and shortstop and later played in the outfield. He created a New Jersey high-school record by hitting 18 home runs. He was coached at ‘Arsenal’ from the age of 14 and gained the reputation of being the fastest and the strongest player by the time he was 17.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Trout made his professional debut in baseball playing for the ‘Arizona Angels’ in the rookie-level ‘Arizona League’ in 2009 and finished the season with the ‘Cedar Rapids Kernels’ in the ‘Class A Midwest League.’ He gave a stunning account of himself in his first year. That made him the third-best prospect for the ‘Angels’ and ‘Baseball America’s 85th-best all-rounder.In 2010, he was selected to play in the ‘All-Star Futures Game’ and was named ‘Baseball America’s second-best overall baseball prospect. By the end of the season, he was made a member of the ‘Rancho Cucamonga Quakes’ for the ‘Class A-Advanced California League.’ He was named a ‘Baseball America All-Star’ and a ‘Topps Class A All-Star ‘at the age of 19.He made his major-league debut for the ‘Los Angeles Angels’ in July 2011 and hit his first home run against ‘Baltimore Orioles’ pitcher Mark Worrell. He became Angel’s youngest player to hit two home runs in one game that season. He was named ‘Baseball America’s ‘Minor League Player of the Year’ and an outfielder on ‘Baseball America’s 2011 ‘Minor League All-Star’ team.He started 2012 with the ‘Salt Lake Bees’ and later replaced Bobby Abreu of the ‘Los Angeles Angels.’ He broke several the ‘Angels’ rookie records that year and earned himself the ‘Rookie of the Month’ four times that season. By the end of the season, he won the ‘BBWAA Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year Award’ by a unanimous vote.Trout hit his first grand slam against the ‘Detroit Tigers’ in April 2013. This earned the ‘Angels’ their highest-scoring innings in 18 years. He became the youngest player to hit for the cycle in the history of the ‘American League.’ He also was made part of the 2013 ‘Major League Baseball All-Star Game.’In February 2014, he signed a one-year extension contract with the ‘Angels’ for $1 million. This was later converted into a six-year contract for $144.5 million. He became the second-youngest ‘All-Star Game MVP’ after Ken Griffey Jr. He created many more records that year and was unanimously voted as the ‘American League MVP.’He won the ‘All-Star Game MVP’ the following year, becoming the first player to achieve the feat in the history of the game. He finished the season with 41 home runs and won his fourth ‘Silver Slugger Award,’ coupled with the ‘Best Major League Baseball Player ESPY Award.’Continue Reading Below‘Sporting News’ named him ‘Baseball’s Best Player’ in 2016. He was also named the 2016 ‘American League MVP’ for the second time in his career. He also became the only player, other than Barry Bonds, to finish among the top two players for the ‘MVP’ for five consecutive seasons.Trout suffered a thumb injury in May 2017. He had to undergo a surgery that kept him out of the game for eight weeks. He returned after missing 39 games and proved himself to be in full form. He became the seventh player to score 200 home runs before reaching the age of 25.‘Sports Illustrated’ rated him as the number one baseball player in 2018. He was named a starting outfielder in the 2018 ‘Major League Baseball All-Star Game.’Awards & Achievements
- Mike Trout has won many prestigious awards such as two ‘American League MVP’ (2014, 2016), the ‘American League Rookie of the Year’ (2012), two ‘Baseball America Major League Player of the Year’ awards (2012, 2013), the ‘ESPY Award for Best Major League Baseball Player’ (2015), and five consecutive ‘Silver Slugger Awards’ (2012–2016).He has also been the leader for “adjusted OPS,” “runs scored,” and “wins above replacement,” four times each.Personal Life
- Trout has several nicknames, such as Millville Meteor, Kiiiiid, Prince Fish, and God’s Gift.He is close to his parents and has remained humble despite becoming famous. He dated Jessica Cox since his high-school days and recently got married to her after courting her for 11 years.Trivia
- In 2014, President Barack Obama used Mike Trout as an analogy for the ‘Farm Bill’ to highlight the versatility and the utility of the bill.He was a brand ambassador for ‘Nike’ shoes in 2014. He was a partner and an investor in ‘Bodyarmor SuperDrink.’He also plays golf and enjoys singing.
How To CiteArticle Title- Mike Trout BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/mike-trout-41966.phpLast Updated- August 30, 2018
People Also Viewed