Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: Las Vegas Valley, Nevada, United States
Famous as: Baseball Player
Spouse/Ex-: Jessica Delp
U.S. State: Nevada
education: University of San Diego
Kristopher Lee Bryant is one of the leading figures of the contemporary American baseball world. A third baseman as well as an outfielder for the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball, he is one of the most significant players of the country. Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, Bryant began playing baseball during his school days. He played brilliantly during his sophomore year, which earned him the name of a first-team ‘All-American’ by ‘Baseball America.’ Currently playing for the Chicago Cubs, Bryant has earned several awards throughout his career, including ‘Baseball American College Player of the Year Award’ ‘Collegiate Baseball Player of the Year’, and ‘Dick Howser Trophy’. He made his major league debut in baseball at the age of 23 and won the National League Rookie of the Year Award the same year. With his excellent performances, it did not take him long to become a highly popular baseball player on the international scenario. A fast and rapid player, he poses a tough challenge to his opponents. Along with being one of the most talented players, Kris also carries an extremely good physique.
- Kristopher Lee Bryant was born on 4 January 1992 in Las Vegas, Nevada. His father’s name is Mike Bryant, while his mother’s is Sue Bryant. During his early years he was trained mostly by his father who had played minor league baseball.He attended Bonanza High School in Las Vegas, where he played for the school’s varsity baseball team. Along with recording a .418 batting average, he also had a .968 slugging percentage, 103 hits, as well as 47 career home runs. He played with the American Legion Baseball as well. His performance earned him a place in the 2010 USA Today All-USA baseball first-team.Though he got selected by the Toronto Blue Jays for 18th round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft, he decided not to sign, and instead continued his studies at the University of San Diego. There he played college baseball as a part of the San Diego Toreros baseball team.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Kris Bryant gave some of the best performances of his life while in college. During his freshman year, his performance was great, with a batting average of .365, a .482 on-base percentage, a .599 slugging percentage, and nine home runs. His performance earned him the titles of a freshman ‘All-American’ as well as ‘West Coast Conference’ Co-Freshman of the Year. Along with Marco Gonzales, he was also named Co-Player of the Year.In the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft, Bryant was considered to be one of the best players available. He was first picked by the Houston Astros, though later he was selected by the Chicago Cubs. He was regarded by many to be the safest pick, as well as the best hitter in the draft. He signed a contract of $6.7 million with the Chicago Cubs.His career begun with the Boise Hawks of the ‘Class-A-Short Season Northwest League’ where he attained a batting average of .354 with 4 home runs. Shortly after, he got promoted to the Daytona Cubs of the ‘Class A-Advanced Florida State League’. He hit .333 with five home runs for Daytona and helped them win the Class A-Advanced Championship.Later he played in the Arizona Fall League where his performance earned him the name of the co-player of the week in the first week itself, along with Mitch Haniger.His began the year 2014 with the Double-A Tennessee Smokies. Along with winning the 2014 Southern League Home Run Derby, he also took part in the All Star game. His performance again got him promoted him to the Triple-A Iowa Club after he batted .355 with 22 home runs, along with 58 RBI in 68 games. He was named the USA Today Minor League Player of the Year at the end of the season. He also won the Joe Bauman Home Run Award, and was named the No. 1 prospect in 2015 by ‘Baseball America’.In 2015—his first year as a Major League Player—Bryant showed a brilliant overall performance with the Chicago Cubs. Not only was he named the Rookie of the Year by ‘Baseball America’, but his performance also earned him a lot of fame all over the country.Recording hits in all four games against the San Francisco Giants in the 2016 National League Series, he continued his brilliant performance in this season as well. Along with winning the ‘Most Valuable Player Award’, he won several other awards as well. As the National League’s outstanding hitter, he also won the ‘Hank Aaron Award’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- Kris Bryant has earned numerous awards and honors over the course of his career. Some of them are ‘Baseball American Minor League Player of the Year’ (2014), ‘Dick Howser Trophy’ (2013), ‘Golden Spikes Award’ (2013), ‘National League Most Valuable Player’ (2016) and ‘World Series Champion’ (2016).Personal Life
- Kris Bryant had been dating Jessica Delp since the age of sixteen. He proposed to her in December 2015. They got married in January 2017.He is good friends with his fellow baseball players Bryce Harper and Joey Gallo.Net Worth
- His estimated net worth is $ 11 million.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kris Bryant BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kris-bryant-32668.phpLast Updated- May 10, 2017
People Also Viewed