Michael C. Hall Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Michael Carlyle Hall
Born in: Raleigh
Famous as: Actor
father: William Carlyle Hall
mother: Janice Styons Hall
U.S. State: North Carolina
City: Raleigh, North Carolina
education: William G. Enloe High School, 1993 - Earlham College, New York University, Ravenscroft School
Michael C. Hall is an American actor who has acted in plays, television as well as cinema and is regarded as one of the most accomplished actors in Hollywood. Hall initially harboured ambitions of becoming a lawyer but later on he realised that acting was his strongest suit considering his forays into plays and the choir during his school days; which is why he enrolled in an elite acting school in order to get trained in the craft. Hall initially started working in plays at Off Broadway and Broadway in New York and before long he had become one of the most recognisable names in the theatre circuit. Following his exploits in Broadway, Hall was cast in the show ‘Six Feet Under’ which won rave reviews from critics and viewers alike. A few years later his role in the hugely popular Showtime series ‘Dexter’ propelled him into the big league of television actors. He went on to win several awards for his role in ‘Dexter’ and also returned to the stage sporadically. Michael C. Hall has also acted in a few movies and has found moderate success; but, it is his stature as a TV and theatre actor that he is known for.
- Michael Carlyle Hall was born to William Carlyle Hall and Janice Hall in Raleigh, North Carolina on 1 February 1971. His mother Janice was a mental health professional who worked at the Lees-McRae College while his father was an IBM employee.
- Michael C. Hall grew up as a single child, since his elder sister died during her infancy. He attended the Ravenscroft School in his home town of Raleigh and graduated from the school in 1989. It was during his time as a student at Ravenscroft School that Hall got into acting and had also become a choir boy.
- Hall joined the liberal arts college named Earlham College located in Richmond, Indiana in 1989 and he graduated in 1993. Hall had initially expressed a desire to study law but instead he enrolled in the elite Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, graduating in 1996.
- Michael C. Hall started off as a thespian in 1998 at the Off Broadway theatre located in New York and appeared in classics like ‘Macbeth’. He also performed at the The Public Theatre in plays like ‘Henry V’. In the very next year after his debut, Hall got the role of the Emcee in the play ‘Cabaret’ and before long he had become a name to be reckoned with in the theatre community.
- Following his success as a theatre actor, Michael C. Hall became one of the best known actors in New York and in the year 2001 Alan Ball cast him in his dark comedy series ‘Six Feet Under’ on HBO. The show became a huge hit and Hall’s performance as David Fisher was widely regarded as one of the biggest highlights of the series. He worked on the show for the entire duration of five years. Two years after first appearing in ‘Six Feet Under’; Hall appeared in his first film titled ‘Paycheck’.
- It was in the year 2006 that Michael C. Hall first appeared in the show ‘Dexter’ in which played the role of a pivotal character who is a bit psychotic and his stupendous acting in the series for eight seasons made him one of the most loved actors in America. He won several awards for his role in the ‘Dexter’.
- Although Michael C. Hall has not acted in too many films in his career; he did return to the silver screen in 2009 with the science fiction thriller ‘Gamer’. In 2011, he acted in the film ‘Peep World’, which was a comedy and in 2013 he appeared in the movie ‘Kill Your Darlings’ that was screened at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Hall made a return to the stage after many years when he appeared in the play ‘The Realistic Joneses’ in 2014 at Broadway. In the same year he also starred in the play ‘Hedwig and The Angry Inch’. Hall’s lifelong devotion to the stage hasn’t waned even though he has successfully carved out a hugely successful TV career.
- Michael C. Hall has had a stellar career on stage and also played pivotal characters in two of the most popular TV series of the 2000s in ‘Six Feet Under’ and ‘Dexter’. Among those TV series, ‘Dexter’ is the more important one for Hall simply because he was a far more evolved actor when he started with that show.
- Michael C. Hall has been nominated for plenty of awards for his role in ‘Six Feet Under’ and ‘Dexter’. He won the Television Critics Award in 2007 for ‘Dexter’ and three years later he followed it up with the Golden Globe Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Drama as well as the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor.
- Michael C. Hall got married to actress Amy Spanger in the year 2002 but the marriage ended in a divorce in 2006..
- In 2009, Michael C. Hall got married to his Dexter co-actor Jennifer Carpenter but the couple had a divorce in 2011.
- Michael C. Hall has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Michael C. Hall Movies
1. The Report (2019)
(Biography, Drama, History, Thriller)
2. Christine (2016)
3. Cold in July (2014)
4. Kill Your Darlings (2013)
(Drama, Biography, Thriller, Romance)
5. Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House (2017)
(History, Biography, Thriller, Drama)
6. Paycheck (2003)
(Thriller, Mystery, Action, Sci-Fi)
7. In the Shadow of the Moon (2019)
(Crime, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller)
8. Gamer (2009)
(Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action)
|2010||Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama||Dexter (2006)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed