Meagan Good Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Meagan Monique Good
Born Country: United States
Born in: Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: DeVon Franklin (m. 2012)
father: Leon Good
mother: Tyra Wardlow-Doyle
siblings: Colbert Good, La'Myia Good, Lexus Good
City: Los Angeles
Meagan Monique Good is an American actress. She has appeared in numerous television shows, feature films, and music videos. Born in California, she started acting at the tender age of four and appeared in several television dramas before making her debut on the big screen. Her breakthrough performance as a sexually charged teenager came in the 1997 movie ‘Eve's Bayou.’ She then went on to land a regular role in the sitcom ‘Cousin Skeeter.’ A gorgeous and gifted performer, she was able to effortlessly make the transition from a child and teen star to an adult actress. In her career so far, she has played a variety of roles, ranging from a schoolgirl spy in ‘D.E.B.S.’ to a skilled dancer in ‘Roll Bounce’ and ‘Stomp the Yard.’ She also impressed as a femme fatale in the neo noir mystery film ‘Brick’ and then played her role with sheer conviction in the action flick ‘Waist Deep.’ She also featured as a guest star in several television dramas and later landed the lead role in the NBC series ‘Deception’ where she played a detective. Instead of relying on her pretty face and eye-catching physique, she depends more on her wit and acting skills while portraying a character.
- Meagan Good was born on August 8, 1981, in Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, USA, to Leondis "Leon" Good, an LAPD police officer, and Tyra Wardlow-Doyle. She has a brother and two sisters, and was raised in the Canyon Country, California.
- She began her acting career around the age of four. In the early stages of her career, she worked as an extra on television shows, such as ‘Doogie Howser,’ ‘M.D.,’ and ‘Amen.’
- At the age of 13, she was cast in her first feature film, the 1995 hit ‘Friday.’ During her teenage years, her mother served as her manager.
- As a teen artist, she appeared in single episodes of several TV dramas, such as ‘ABC Afterschool Special’ (1996) ‘Pacific Blue’ (1997), ‘Touched by an Angel’ (1997), and ‘The Parent 'Hood’ (1997-98).
- She first gained critical recognition for her performance as a troubled teen in the acclaimed 1997 film ‘Eve's Bayou’ where she appeared alongside Samuel Jackson.
- From 1998 to 2001, she starred as ‘Nina’ on Nickelodeon's hit show ‘Cousin Skeeter.’ Later, she appeared in small roles in movies, such as ‘3 Strikes’ and ‘House Party 4: Down to the Last Minute.’ After featuring in various films and television series, she started auditioning for meatier roles in the early-2000s.
- In 2003, she landed roles in several movies, such as the action-drama ‘Biker Boyz’ and the romantic-comedy ‘Deliver Us from Eva.’ Both the films helped her transition from a child artist to an adult actress. The same year, she also appeared in five episodes of the third season of ABC’s television show ‘My Wife and Kids.’
- In 2004, she worked in the action flick ‘D.E.B.S.’ alongside Jordana Brewster, Sara Foster, and Jill Ritchie. Subsequently, she also featured in minor roles in films like ‘The Cookout’ and the teen dance movie ‘You Got Served.’
- In 2005, Meagan Good starred in the horror film ‘Venom’ and the comedy-drama ‘Roll Bounce.’ The same year, she was part of the much-acclaimed neo-noir thriller ‘Brick,’ which has acquired a cult following over the years.
- In 2006, she portrayed the character of ‘Coco’ in the urban action-drama ‘Waist Deep.’ She received much praise and several award nominations for her performance in the film.
- In 2007, she landed a role in the dance movie ‘Stomp the Yard.’ The following year, she was seen in several movies, such as ‘One Missed Call,’ ‘Saw V,’ and ‘The Love Guru.’
- In 2009, she starred alongside Gary Oldman and Odette Yustman in the horror flick ‘The Unborn.’
- In 2011, she appeared in a number of films, including the romantic comedy ‘35 & Ticking’ and ‘Jumping the Broom.’ The following year, she became part of the ensemble cast of the comedy film ‘Think Like a Man.’
- In 2012, she had a recurring role in seven episodes of the comedy-drama television series ‘Californication.’
- In 2013, Meagan Good starred in ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,’ a sequel to the 2004 comedy ‘Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.’ The same year, she appeared in the lead role in the NBC prime time television soap opera ‘Deception’ where she portrayed the role of ‘Detective Joanna Locasto.’
- She had a main role in the short-lived ‘Fox’ series ‘Minority Report’ in 2015. In the meantime, she also had recurring roles in TV series like ‘Mr. Robinson,’ ‘Code Black,’ ‘Star,’ and ‘White Famous.’
- In 2014, she was part of the sequel ‘Think Like a Man Too’ and appeared in films like ‘Deuces’ (2017) and ‘Shazam!’ (2019). The same year, she was also cast as the lead in the psychological thriller ‘The Intruder.’ She is all set to play a supporting role in the upcoming fantasy action thriller film ‘Monster Hunter.’
- She has also appeared in numerous music videos by famous artists such as, 50 Cent, Imajin, Lil' Johnny, Memphis Bleek, Tyrese, and Will Smith.
- In 1998, she was nominated for ‘NAACP Image Award’ and ‘Young Star Award’ in recognition of her outstanding performance in the movie ‘Eve’s Bayou’ (1997).
- In 2006, she received nominations for ‘Black Reel Award’ and ‘Teen Choice Award’ for her role in ‘Roll Bounce’ and ‘Waist Deep,’ respectively.
- In 2011, Meagan Good started dating DeVon Franklin, an executive for ‘Columbia Pictures’ and Seventh-day Adventist preacher. The couple got married in June 2012, in Malibu, California.
Meagan Good Movies
1. Shazam! (2019)
(Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy)
2. Eve's Bayou (1997)
3. Brick (2005)
(Crime, Action, Mystery, Drama, Thriller)
4. Friday (1995)
5. Think Like a Man (2012)
6. Don Jon (2013)
(Romance, Drama, Comedy)
7. Deliver Us from Eva (2003)
(Comedy, Drama, Romance)
8. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed