Mattia Polibio Bio
Mattia Polibio is a TikTok star, Instagrammer, and social media influencer. His lip-sync and dance videos have garnered him over three million followers and over 200 million likes on his @mattiapolibio TikTok page. Originally from New Jersey, Polibio became active on the platform in November 2018. In the initial days, he predominantly posted duets but later started creating his own content as well. His popularity has found its way to other social media sites as well. He has over a million followers on Instagram and more than 70 thousand subscribers on YouTube. Although Polibio has been a social media celebrity for a relatively short period, he has already been the subject of various controversies and a death hoax.
- Mattia Polibio started posting videos on TikTok around November 2018. In those early days, most of his videos were duets. Later, he began making original content and emerged as a prominent TikTok star. These days, many of his posts garner hundreds of thousands of views.Recommended Lists:
- Of all the unusual things that Polibio has done to attract more viewers, the most bizarre would be his tendency to lick the toilet. He regularly shoots his videos inside his bathroom, and they at times show him licking the toilet seat, toilet paper, toothpaste, or something else. He even made a collection of these videos, using the caption “redoing my bathroom. i think you guys know what that means”, and later adding “rip the beloved toilet”. This strange behaviour is clearly liked by many of his fans as they consider it to be “hot”.
- Polibio’s frequent collaborators are some of his closest friends in real life, including Alvaro Romero, Alejandro Rosario, Kairi Cosentino, and Roshaun Diah. On December 2019, he got involved in a live feud with Romero.
- The oldest post on his Instagram dates back to October 20, 2019. It is a selfie in which he can be seen wearing a black t-shirt. Although he has posted only a handful of photographs on his page, he is very popular on the platform and receives hundreds of thousands of likes on each post.
- Mattia Polibio set up his self-titled YouTube channel on August 23, 2019. He posted his first video, which is a three-second-long clip titled ‘September 21, 2019’, on January 16, 2020. He is also active on Twitter, where he has garnered over a thousand followers.
- Mattia Polibio has been accused multiple times of over-sharing on social media. In November 2019, a collection of his private photos were widely shared online. In one of these photos, he appears nude while hiding his private parts behind a cereal box.
- The notorious prank website channel45news.com had started at least two widely-circulated rumours about him. In one article, it was falsely reported that he had been apprehended by the authorities for fighting. Its author, a fellow TikTok user named Mel Morales, never tried to hide that it was a prank article. Instead, she used the attention it garnered to promote her own TikTok page.
- On December 17, 2019, the news of Polibio’s death in a vehicular accident was falsely reported in another prank article on Channel 45 News. Many of his fans and fellow social media stars believed it until the news was revealed to be a hoax. Polibio has not since put out any statement on the matter.
- During a TikTok stream with Rosario, Polibio said the “N-word,” reportedly while imitating former TikTok user AcidPrincessx3, who had said the word at least on two different instances. Polibio later issued an unconditional apology. He has also been accused of using homophobic and other racial slurs multiple times.
- Mattia Polibio was born on May 16, 2003, in Totowa, New Jersey, USA, to an Italian father and a Mexican mother. He has a younger brother named Gianluca. Between Italian and Spanish, the native languages of his parents, he is more fluent in the former. His parents as well as his brother have made multiple appearances in his videos. Polibio is very proud of his Italian heritage. However, one time, he uploaded a satirical duet with the TikTok user @kithindads in which she remarks that Italians always inform other people that they are Italians. During her rant, Polibio does various things that accentuate his Italian heritage. In his Instagram bio, the only thing he has written is “IT”, which serves as the regional indicator symbol letters for Italy.
- For a brief period, Mattia Polibio was in a relationship with a girl named Jenna Hablitz. Following their split, he created a live stream in which he related to his fans that he was feeling heartbroken and dubbed his former girlfriend “manipulative.” This led to his followers going to the girl’s Instagram page and leaving spiteful comments on her posts. She was ultimately forced to turn off comments. At some point, they reconciled, and Polibio condemned the behaviour of his fans, stating that he had never insinuated that she had been unfaithful to him. Eventually, they parted ways once more, and Polibio told his fans during another live stream that he was not prepared to be in a relationship and required time to concentrate on himself.
Mattia Polibio Fans Also Viewed