Mateo Arias Biography
Mateo Arias is an American actor and voice actor. He is known for playing a main role in the martial arts comedy series ‘Kickin’ It’ as well as for his appearance in the short film ‘Blast Beat’. He began his acting career with a small role in the family comedy film ‘Yours, Mine & Ours’. He gained fame for his portrayal of Jerry Cesar Martinez, a black belt holder, in the martial arts comedy series ‘Kickin’ It’. For his performance, he was nominated for the Imagen Foundation Award in the ‘Best Young Actor/Television’ category. His works on the big screen include a supporting role in the romantic drama film ‘First Girl I Loved’. Directed by Kerem Sanga, the movie was much praised by the critics. He played the role of Kasim, one of the important characters, in the film ‘The Samuel Project’.
- Mateo Arias made his acting debut in the family comedy film ‘Yours, Mine & Ours’ in 2005. Directed by Raja Gosnell, the film was based on the 1968 film of the same name. It was a financial success but a critical failure. Arias played the minor role of a bully kid. His first work on television was a guest role in the sitcom ‘Drake & Josh’. He continued to play guest roles in the popular musical comedy series ‘Hannah Montana’ and the police procedural series ‘Cold Case.’
- In 2012, he starred with his brother Moises in the war drama short film ‘Brothers in Arms,’ which was also written and directed by his brother. It was about two brothers who are separated by a military draft.
- From 2011 to 2015, he played a main role in the martial arts comedy series ‘Kickin’ It’. The show started airing on Disney XD in June 2011. It was about a martial arts instructor at an underperforming academy and his five “misfit” students. The show was an average success and earned multiple awards and nominations.
- In 2015, he was seen in another short film named ‘Blast Beat’. The next year, he had a supporting role in the romantic drama ‘First Girl I Loved,’ which was written and directed by Kerem Sanga. It premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival and received the Audience Award for ‘Best of Next’. Critical reception towards the film was highly positive. The same year, he also appeared in the film ‘Good Kids’, which was directed by Chris McCoy. Arias portrayed ‘The Lion’, an MMA instructor. The film revolved around four friends trying to redefine themselves after graduation.
- In 2018, he had a supporting role in the film ‘The Samuel Project’. It revolved around an outcast teen named Eli, who connects with his isolated grandfather named Samuel for the first time. When he makes his grandfather the subject of a school art project, he learns about the elderly man’s surprising past.
- Mateo Arias was born on 31st October 1995 in New York City, US. His parents are from the Paisa region of Colombia. He has a younger brother named Moises Arias, who is also an actor. Moises has worked in movies, such as ‘Ender’s Game’ and ‘Despicable Me 2’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed