Malina Weissman is an American actor of German descent. She has a successful modeling career, too. Weissman is best known for portraying ‘April O’Neil’ in the movie ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ and ‘Violet Baudelaire’ in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events.’ She started her modeling career at the age of 8, and appeared in the commercials of many famous brands. Later, Weissman debuted in films and performed characters that captured the attention of viewers. She has also played major characters in various TV shows. Weissman is active on social media, where she has countless followers. She is a lively teenager who aspires to rule the entertainment industry someday.
- Malina Opal Weissman was born on March 12, 2003, in New York. There is very little information available about her family. She lives with her parents and her sister. Her sister, Ayla Weissman, is quite popular on the social-networking platform ‘Instagram.’Weissman’s mother is a former model. Following in her mother’s footsteps, young Weissman entered the modeling industry when she was 8 years old. She signed a contract with the same agency that her mother worked for. Malina has modeled for various famous brands.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Malina Weissman started her modeling career at the tender age of 8. She has worked as a model for major fashion brands such as ‘Calvin Klein,’ ‘Ralph Lauren,’ ‘Levi’s,’ ‘Benetton,’ ‘DKNY,’ and ‘H&M.’ After becoming an actor, she appeared in commercials for brands such as ‘ACT Mouthwash,’ ‘Maybelline,’ ‘Purell,’ and ‘My Little Pony.’In 2014, Weissman made her film debut as young ‘April O’Neil’ in the superhero movie 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.’ She played the younger version of the character played by Megan Fox. The movie was an adaptation of the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ comic series. In 2015, Weissman played ‘Renee Epstein’ in the dark-comedy web TV series ‘Difficult People.’ ‘Renee’ was the daughter of one of the major characters in the series. Weissman appeared in two episodes of the series.In 2015, Weissman played the young ‘Kara Zor-El’ in the ‘CBS’ superhero adventure series ‘Supergirl.’ Weissman played the younger version of ‘Kara.’ The adult version of the character was played by Melissa Benoist. It was a recurring character, and Weissman appeared in seven episodes of the series. She enjoyed playing the character and learned to fly using harnesses for her stunts in the series.In 2016, Malina Weissman appeared as the ‘Girl in Pink’ in the movie ‘Thirsty.’ The same year, she played ‘Rebecca Brand’ in the comedy movie ‘Nine Lives,’ directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. In the movie, Weissman performed with industry stalwarts such as Kevin Spacey and Jennifer Garner, and played the daughter of the main character. This was a movie that gave Weissman a chance to showcase her acting capabilities. She perfected the part.In 2017, Weissman bagged a role that made her immensely popular with TV viewers across the US. The role was that of ‘Violet Baudelaire’ in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events,’ a black comedy–drama based on Lemony Snicket’s children’s novel series of the same name. ‘Violet’ is the eldest of the ‘Baudelaire’ siblings and is a brilliant inventor. When their parents are killed, ‘Violet’ takes over the responsibility of her younger siblings. Violet is very intelligent and efficient. Malina Weissman continues to play the role perfectly. She has received a lot of attention and admiration for her portrayal of ‘Violet.’Personal Life
- Malina Weissman is a teenager who loves to lead a normal life. She focuses equally on her studies and her acting career. She plans to be a veterinary doctor someday, apart from being a successful actor.Weissman is not known to be dating anybody presently. She loves dancing, reading, horse-riding, and swimming. She is active on social-media platforms such as ‘Facebook,’ and ‘Instagram.’ She lives with her family in New York.Trivia
- Weissman is an animal lover. She adores cats. She loved being part of the movie ‘Nine Lives,’ as it gave her a chance to perform with cats.She could relate to the character ‘Violet,’ as she found her to be as creative as herself. This added a touch of excellence to her portrayal of the character.
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
(Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi)
2. Nine Lives (2016)
(Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Drama)
How To CiteArticle Title- Malina Weissman BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/malina-weissman-38886.phpLast Updated- April 28, 2018
People Also Viewed