Maggie Baird Biography
Maggie Baird is an American actress, singer, and songwriter. She began her career as a supporting actor in the drama series ‘Another World’ in 1981. However, her career staggered for a few years and she ventured into stand-up comedy before finally returning to the big screen in the late 1980s. She made appearances in movies like ‘Roe vs. Wade’ and ‘An Innocent Man’ before finding her feet in TV series. While she was mostly relegated to playing supporting roles or minor characters, Maggie’s acting was appreciated by many. Her most notable appearances include roles in ‘The X-Files’, ‘Bones’, ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’, and ‘Picket Fences’. She is also known for her voiceover work for video games such as ‘Mass Effect’ and ‘Saints Row.’ She also turned to country music and songwriting in 2009 when she released her album ‘We Sail’, which was received well and liked by many critics. Her biggest breakthrough came with the movie ‘Life Inside Out’, which she co-wrote and starred in. The drama was a hit and received critical acclaim. She was last seen in the short film ‘I Am Be’. Currently, Maggie divides her time between her family and acting.
- Maggie Baird began her acting career early in the 1980s. She was first seen in three episodes of the drama series ‘Another World’ as Rhonda Sadowski. However, it was over six years before she was seen on the television screen again. She returned in 1987 in an episode of ‘As the World Turns’ as Taylor Baldwin. Since then, steady roles followed, and Maggie soon found her place in the entertainment industry. In 1989, she made her movie debut with ‘Roe vs. Wade’ and later appeared in ‘An Innocent Man’.
- In 1992, she reprised the role of Rachel Malone in the crime TV series ‘L. A. Law’ in the episode titled ‘Back to the Suture’. Next year, she had a minor role in the popular TV sitcom ‘Murphy Brown’ in the episode ‘To Have and Have Not’. 1994 proved to be more fruitful for Maggie as she received a recurring role in the family comedy drama ‘Picket Fences’ as Marjorie Engrams. Later in the year, she played the role of Jessica Ann Pritchard in ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’.
- Over the next few years, Maggie Baird was seen in a diverse range of roles both on TV and film. In 1995, she was seen in the TV movies ‘White Dwarf’ and ‘Siringo’; in 1996, she appeared in the TV series ‘The Naked Truth’ and ‘Chicago Hope’. Later in 1998, she continued her stint with TV when she appeared in ‘L.A. Doctors’ and ‘Buddy Faro’. 1999 proved to be her most productive year as she received a slew of roles. She was seen in the movies ‘Michael Jordan: An American Hero’ and ‘The Big Split’ and appeared in TV series ‘Crashbox’ and ‘Jack and Jill’. She also turned to a voice actor with the video games ‘Battlezone II: Combat Commander’ and ‘Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption’. With the new millennium, Maggie found better roles and started appearing in more popular series. She played the role of Sharon Pearl in the sci-fi series ‘The X-Files’ and also appeared in the comedy ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’. Other TV appearances included roles in ‘Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family’, ‘Running Mates’, and ‘JAG’.
- In 2001, she played the role of Rebecca in the Jordan Melamed drama ‘Manic’. In the next couple of years, she had minor roles in the TV series ‘Birds of Prey’, ‘The West Wing’, and ‘Charmed’. Later in 2005, she played Linda Sue in the comedy drama ‘Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing & Charm School’ and also appeared in the TV series ‘Everwood’ and ‘Six Feet Under’.
- At the same time, Maggie’s career as a voiceover actor for video games took off and she was associated with popular video games such as ‘Saints Row’, EverQuest’, and Rogue Galaxy’. In 2008, she played the role of Blair in ‘The Starter Wife’ and later appeared as Sandra Hicks in the popular drama ‘Bones’ in 2009. Most of her other work for the next few years involved voiceover work for video games. She also turned a singer and songwriter in 2009 with the release of her album ‘We Sail’. She returned to acting in 2013 with an appearance on the TV series ‘See Dad Run’ as the Hippie Mom. Her career’s biggest high also came in 2013 when she co-wrote the popular drama ‘Life Inside Out’. Apart from writing this, she shared the screen space along with her son Finneas O’Connell, Lori Nasso, David Cowgill, and Roscoe Brandon. The movie was a hit, and her writing was appreciated by many. Maggie was last seen in the short film ‘I Am Be’ as Demeter in 2016.
- Maggie Baird was born on March 30, 1959 in the US. She is currently married to the actor and entertainer Patrick O’Connell. The couple has two children: Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell. Her daughter, Billie Eilish, is a popular pop singer, while her son, Finneas, is a famous TV actor.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed