Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Madelyn Deutch is an American actress known for her work on television as well as in films. She is also a writer and a musician. She began her acting career with a supporting role in the 2011 movie 'Mayor Cupcake'. Directed by Alex Pires, the movie starred her mother Lea Thompson in the lead role as a baker who becomes the mayor of her town. Deutch played her mother's on-screen daughter. She earned fame for her role in 'Texas Rising', a television miniseries which was based on the Texas Revolution against Mexico. The series gained a lot of popularity and earned multiple nominations for the Emmys. The young actress also played a supporting role in the American horror drama television series 'Outcast'. The show, which has been created by Robert Kirkman, has been airing for more than a year and has earned mostly positive reviews so far. As a musician she is a member of the band 'BLEITCH', which is based in LA. She has composed a few songs for her upcoming movie 'The Year of Spectacular Men'. The film is directed by her mother and it will star Deutch in the leading role.
- Madelyn Deutch was born on 23rd March 1991 in Los Angeles, California in the US. Her mother is Lea Thompson, a well-known actress as well as a television director and producer. Her father is Howard Deutch, a film and TV producer.She studied at the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. It was during her school days that she earned notional recognition as a singer. She took part in several significant competitions and festivals.After completing her high school graduation, she attended the New School University to pursue her higher studies. She graduated in 2011.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Madelyn Deutch began her acting career with a supporting role in the 2011 movie 'Mayor Cupcake'. The film was directed by Alex Pires and it starred her mother Lea Thompson in the main role. The story revolves around a hard-working cupcake maker who is elected the mayor of her small town.She next appeared in films such as 'Christmas Twister' (2012), 'The Dog Who Saved Easter' (2014) and 'Like a Country Song (2014)'. She appeared in a supporting role in the 2014 American drama film '50 to 1'. The film, which was directed by Jim Wilson, was based on the true story of an American thoroughbred racehorse named 'Mine that Bird'.In 2015, she gained further popularity for her role in the TV miniseries 'Texas Rising'. Directed by Roland Joffé, the show was based on the Texas Revolution against Mexico. Though the show received criticism for historical inaccuracies, it earned three Emmy nominations. It won several other awards as well.She played an important role in the 2015 American family drama film ‘Windsor’. Directed and produced by Porter Farrell, the film tells the story of six friends in their last year of high school who plan to leave their hometown soon.In 2016, she was cast in the American horror drama television series 'Outcast' in a supporting role. Created by Robert Kirkman, the series is based on a comic series of the same name. The story is primarily about people involved in demonic possession. So far, the show has received positive reviews.Deutch plays the lead role in the upcoming comedy drama film ‘The Year of Spectacular Men’. The film also marks her mother Lea Thompson’s directorial debut. It premiered at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival in June 2017 and will release theatrically in November.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Madelyn Deutch played an important role in the 2014 American drama film ’50 to 1’. Directed, produced and co-written by Jim Wilson, the film is about ‘Mine That Bird’, a thoroughbred racehorse who had won the 2009 Kentucky Derby. The cast included actors Skeet Ulrich, Christian Kane, William Devane and Madelyn Deutch.Deutch played the lead role in ‘Texas Rising’, a History Channel miniseries. The series was based on the Texas Revolution against Mexico. The series also included actors such as Bill Paxton, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ray Liotta, and Brendan Fraser. The series received criticism for its historical inaccuracies but it also earned three Emmy nominations. It won a few awards as well.She played a supporting role in the American horror drama series ‘Outcast’. Created by Robert Kirkman, the show is based on a comic series of the same name. The show features people involved in demonic possession. The series includes Patrick Fugit, Philip Glenister, Wrenn Schmidt and David Denman. The series has been airing from June 2016, and so far has received mostly positive reviews.She played a main role in the 2015 American family drama film ‘Windsor’. Directed, written and produced by Porter Farrell, the film tells the dilemma faced by six friends in their last year of high school. The cast included Barry Corbin, Madelyn Deutch, Quinn Shephard, Peyton Clark, Adam Hicks and Nick Krause. The film won an Award at the Garden State Film Festival in New Jersey for ‘Best Narrative Feature’.Awards & Achievements
- Madelyn Deutch won the award for ‘Best Lead Actress’ at the International Christian Film Festival in 2017 for her brilliant performance in the movie ‘Painted Horses’.Personal Life
- Madelyn Deutch is reportedly single. She is very close to her mother and often collaborates with her on film projects.
How To CiteArticle Title- Madelyn Deutch BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/madelyn-deutch-34240.phpLast Updated- September 28, 2017
People Also Viewed