Luxury Pranks Bio
“Luxury Pranks” is the online pseudonym of American “YouTuber” Parker Hajiaskari, who features video pranks, practical jokes, reactions, and video logs on his ‘YouTube’ channel. He first started uploading funny videos back in 2008. However, he could not gain an impressive viewership due to the lack of technical knowledge and suitable equipment. Parker started his channel, ‘LuxuryPranks,’ in 2015, and gained huge popularity. His subscriber count rose to a massive two million, and he managed to garner more than 203 million views. The channel initially featured harmless prankster videos, primarily involving the public. However, Parker’s videos slowly drifted to the genre of reality TV, claiming to expose real-life cases of catfishing, cheating, stalking, and gold-digging. Parker credits his survival and success to the catfishing videos he created. According to him, those videos helped the channel gain its popularity. The channel treaded into dangerous waters with its ‘Catching a Child Predator’ video series. People, including other “YouTubers,” started questioning the veracity of these videos. Parker was questioned by another popular “YouTuber,” Leon Lush, on whether or not the videos were real and what kind of legal repercussions such videos might have. However, there was no real impact on the channel, in terms of its viewership. The channel continues to post “social experiments,” which are widely popular. In March 2018, a Q&A video on the channel showed Parker expressing his doubt about continuing as a content creator despite his immense popularity.
- In 2008, Parker decided to start making ‘YouTube’ videos, mainly inspired by channels such as ‘Smosh’ and ‘nigahiga.’ However, due to logistical constraints, his videos did not do well. Throughout his middle-school and high-school days, Parker never gave up on his dream of becoming a successful “YouTuber.” He met his co-host, Chester, during his high-school days. They continued making videos and uploading them despite not being able to attract too many viewers.Recommended Lists:
- In 2015, as a final attempt at making his dream come true, Parker launched his new ‘YouTube’ channel, ‘LuxuryPranks,’ which was inspired by existing ‘YouTube’ channels such as ‘FouseyTube’ and ‘VitalyzdTv,’ which were mostly extreme-prank channels that focused on pushing the boundaries of playing real-life tricks on people and capturing their reactions.Recommended Lists:
- In August 2015, after failing at gaining any substantial viewership with its first four videos, the channel ‘LuxuryPranks’ tasted its first success, when ‘MTV’ decided to post the channel’s fifth video, ‘Homeless Woman Does Amazing Act,’ on its ‘Facebook’ page.
- ‘LuxuryPranks,’ however, did not limit itself to being a prank channel. According to Parker, he decided to bring uniqueness in his content by moving to the genre of sting operations and reality TV and exposing real human behavior on his channel. His first such attempt was the video ‘Catching a Catfish Part-1,’ uploaded almost a year after the channel was launched, which is also his personal favorite. The popularity of the channel had started to dwindle when it published its first catfishing video. However, the viewership of the channel increased exponentially afterward.
- In August 2018, ‘LuxuryPranks’ amassed a million subscribers. Parker has two additional ‘YouTube’ channels, with a healthy number of subscribers each, namely, ‘Life of Luxury’ and ‘Luxury Dark.’
- Parker Hajiaskari was born on May 30, 1997, in Buffalo, New York. After completing middle and high school, he decided to study chemical engineering.
- Not much is known about his personal life, his parents, or his siblings. It is also not known whether or not he is single or involved in a relationship. However, during a telephonic conversation with “YouTuber” Leon Lush, in November 2018, Parker was heard talking about his child, whom he had put to sleep right before their conversation started.
- Throughout his childhood, Parker had dreamt of becoming a famous ‘YouTube’ personality, and with his perseverance, he made his dream come true.
- In 2015, when his channel was gaining new heights in terms of subscription and viewership, Parker found himself in the midst of deep ethical questions about the kind of content he was producing. He was dealing with critical social issues, such as paedophilia and child abuse, which did not go down well with a lot of ‘YouTube’ content creators. His fellow ‘YouTube’ stars started dissecting all his ‘Catching a Child Predator’ videos and referring to them as fake and made-up. Parker even explained his inability to shed any light on the legal aspects of such videos, due to non-disclosure agreements. However, these questions never harmed his popularity.
Luxury Pranks Fans Also Viewed