Lucy Hale Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Preston Hale
mother: Julie Hale
siblings: Maggie Hale
U.S. State: Tennessee
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Lucy Hale is one of the most promising American actresses and singers of the current times. She has everything going for her and has already tasted massive success for someone of her age. Popularly known for her role of Aria Montgomery in the Freeform series ‘Pretty Little Liars’, Hale first started out as a contestant on ‘American Juniors.’ A gifted singer, she aspired to have a career in music. In 2003, she gave wings to her ambition as she participated in the reality show. Her melodious voice and soulful renditions helped her make way to the top five. She then became a part of a band which disbanded two years later. Concurrently, her acting career kick-started as well as she featured in popular television series in guest roles. The big breakthrough in television came in with ‘Pretty Little Liars’, the series which won her several awards and recognition. Despite being an established actress, Hale has not given up on her music career. She signed a record deal with Hollywood Records and in 2014 came up with her debut album, ‘Road Between.’ Acting and music apart, she also serves as the ambassador of the beauty brand Mark Girl.
- Karen Lucille "Lucy" Hale was born on June 14, 1989, in Memphis, Tennessee to Julie Knight and Preston Hale. She has an elder sister Maggie and a step sister Kirby.
- During her early years, Lucy was mostly homeschooled. However, she did take acting and singing lessons.
- She was born with a passion for music. As a child, she was influenced by the music of Shania Twain and Faith Hill. However, it was Britney Spears’ ‘Baby One More Time’ track that propelled Hale to take up music professionally.
- Lucy Hale’s first stint in music was for the reality show, ‘American Juniors’ in 2003. Her melodious voice and knack for singing won her a place in the top five finishers who were then grouped into a band. Though it was the first big success of Hale’s lifetime, it did not last for long as the group disbanded in 2005 due to meagre sales.
- In 2004, she moved to Los Angeles in the hopes of getting a record deal. But fate had other plans for her. Around this time she also started auditioning for acting roles and received minor roles on television shows. She first featured on ‘Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide’ and following this, found guest roles in other shows including, ‘Drake & Josh’, ‘The O.C.’ and ‘How I Met Your Mother.’
- In 2007, she appeared in NBC's short-lived re-imagining of the ‘Bionic Woman’ as Becca Sommers. In it, she played the role of a younger sister to title character Jaime Sommers. She even appeared in two episodes of the Disney Channel show ‘Wizards of Waverly Place.’
- In 2008, Lucy Hale made her big screen debut in ‘The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2’, wherein she portrayed the character of Effie, the younger sister of Lena Kaligaris. The same year, she featured in the television film, ‘The Apostles’ as well as bagged the lead role of Rose Baker in the comedy-drama ‘Privileged’ that premiered on the CW in the United States and City in Canada.
- The year 2009 was a busy one for her professionally. After guest appearances in ‘Ruby & the Rockits’ and ‘Private Practice’, she starred in the Lifetime TV movie ‘Sorority Wars’. The same year, she appeared in the film ‘Fear Island.’
- In December 2009, Hale bagged the role of Aria Montgomery in the TV series ‘Pretty Little Liars’, which is based on the book of the same name by Sara Shepard. A teen drama, mystery-thriller television series on ABC Family, the series is currently running on its sixth season and is slated to end with season 7 in 2017.
- From 2010 until 2016, Lucy Hale had guest starred in several television shows including ‘CSI: Miami’ as Phoebe Nichols, ‘Punk'd’ as herself and in ‘Baby Daddy’ as Piper Stockdale.
- While Lucy Hale’s television career was on a roll, her film career took off as well. In 2011, she was cast in a cameo in ‘Scream 4.’ She next featured in a lead role in the Direct to Video film, ‘A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song.’ In 2012, she gave voice to the character of Periwinkle in ‘Secret of the Wings.’
- Interestingly, despite the astounding success of her acting career, she did not give up on her first love, music. On June 12, 2012, she signed a record deal with Hollywood records. Lucy Hale's debut single ‘You Sound Good to Me’ was released on January 7, 2014. It was followed by her debut album ‘Road Between’ that was released on June 3, 2014.
- Still blossoming in her career, Lucy Hale has given several hits already but the most appreciation came in for her role as Aria Montgomery on the Freeform series ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ Originally intended for a ten-episode season, the series finished with 28 episodes in its first season. In 2014, ‘Pretty Little Liars’ was renewed for its sixth and seventh seasons. The brilliance of Hale as Montgomery is evident from the fact that the series not only helped her gain recognition as an actress but also won her the Favourite Cable TV Actress Award in 2014.
- Lucy Hale’s role in ‘Pretty Little Liars’ has won her numerous awards including Teen Choice Awards for Choice Summer TV Star (2010, 2011 & 2013) and Choice TV Actress Drama (2012), and Gracie Allen Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Female Rising Star (2013).
- In 2013, Hale was presented with the Crossover of the Year award from Young Hollywood Awards.
- In 2015, she yet again bagged Teen Choice Awards in the category of Choice TV Actress: Drama for ‘Pretty Little Liars.’
- Lucy Hale’s personal life has hit the headlines quite often, given her ever-changing relationship status and dating history. As of December 2016, Hale had dated about eight men, right from Kendall Schmidt, David Henrie, Alex Marshall, Paul Iacono, Chris Zylka, Graham Rogers and Jean Luc Bilodeau to her current boyfriend Joel Crouse. If internet polls are anything to go by, Lucy has climbed into the second spot right behind Taylor Swift in the world of celebrity dating with her long string of ex-boyfriends.
Lucy Hale Movies
1. Baby Daddy (2012)
(Romance, Comedy, Family, Drama)
2. Scream 4 (2011)
3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)
(Comedy, Romance, Drama, Family)
4. Dude (2018)
5. A.X.L. (2018)
6. Truth or Dare (2018)
7. Fantasy Island (2020)
(Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Thriller)
|2014||Favorite Cable TV Actress||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed