Lili Reinhart Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Lili Pauline Reinhart
Born in: Cleveland, Ohio
Famous as: Actress
mother: Amy Reinhart
siblings: Chloe Reinhart, Tess Reinhart
U.S. State: Ohio
Lili Pauline Reinhart is an American film and TV actor, mainly known for her breakthrough role of ‘Betty Cooper’ on the ‘CW’ teenage series ‘Riverdale.’ Born and raised in Ohio, US, she was passionate about performing arts since childhood. She learnt dancing for ten years and appeared regularly in the community musical theater. She started performing at an early age and her first appearance was in the short film ‘For Today.’ She relocated to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting at the age of 18. She appeared in several movies, including ‘Lilith,’ ‘Kings of Summer,’ ‘Miss Stevens,’ ‘The Good Neighbors,’ and ‘The First Hope,’ and TV shows, including ‘Law And Order: Special Victims Unit’ and ‘Surviving Jack.’ At one point in her career, she struggled with depression and almost gave up acting. Thereafter, she bagged the role of ‘sweet Betty Cooper’ in the popular series ‘Riverdale,’ which brought her awards and accolades. She often speaks about the issue of depression and emphasizes the importance of mental health.
- Lili Reinhart was born on September 13, 1996, in Cleveland, Ohio, US, and raised in Bay Village, a town near Cleveland. She has two sisters: Tess Reinhart and Chloe Reinhart. Her mother’s name is Amy Reinhart. She is very close to her father and often posts pictures with him on her social media page.
- At the age of 10, she developed passion for various forms of performing arts – singing, dancing and acting. She learnt dancing for 10 years. She would often implore her mother to take her to New York for auditions. At the age of 11 she was signed to her first agency in Cleveland and performed regularly in the community musical theater.
- Reinhart attended the ‘Bay High School.’ Then she enrolled in an online program of ‘Allied National High School’ through which she completed her schooling, but did not pursue any college education. During her middle school years, her father coached her basketball and soccer teams. According to her, she was not good at sports, yet he always encouraged her. He always cheered her by bringing flowers to her musical shows.
- During one of her visits to New York in 2011, she met her manager, Dora Gordon. At first, she signed with ICM and later changed to UTA. Reinhart moved to Los Angeles when she was 18.
- She began her professional work in 2008. She first appeared as ‘Rachel’ in a short film, ‘For Today.’ The film came out in 2010. This was followed by more roles in films, such as ‘The Most Girl Part of You’ (2011), ‘Lilith’ (2011), ‘Not Waving, But Drowning’ (2012), ‘Kings of Summer’ (2013), ‘The First Hope’ (2013), ‘Gibsonburg’ (2013), ‘The Good Neighbors’ (2016), ‘Miss Stevens’ (2016), among others.
- She made her television debut in 2011 with the series ‘Law and Order: Special Victims Unit,’ in which she essayed the role of Courtney Lane. After that, she appeared as Heather Blumeyer in 6 episodes of the 2014 television show ‘Surviving Jack.’ Her other television series were ‘Scientastic’ (2011), and ‘Cocked’ (2015).
- She has been through a phase of depression. Feeling defeated, she had almost decided to give up acting forever. Then she sent an audition tape for the role of ‘Betty Cooper’ in the ‘CW’ teenage drama, ‘Riverdale.’ The show is based on the popular ‘Archie Comics.’ In February 2016, she got selected for the role of ‘studious, sweet, wholesome Betty Cooper’ and this proved a ‘breakthrough role’ for her. After that, her career graph surged upwards.
- Reinhart has appeared in several talk shows, including ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers,’ ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,’ and ‘Live! With Kelly and Ryan.’ Presently she is working in ‘Riverdale: Season 2’ and her forthcoming project is Melanie Laurent’s ‘Galveston’ in which she’ll co-star with Ben Foster and Elli Fanning.
- In 2013, she was nominated for the ‘New York Vision Fest’s Breakthrough Performance Award’ for her portrayal of ‘Karen’ in the short film ‘The First Hope.’ In 2017, she won the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ for ‘Choice Breakout TV Star’ and ‘Choice TV ship’ (with Cole Sprouse) for her role of ‘Betty Cooper’ in TV drama series ‘Riverdale.’
- Reinhart has openly spoken about her experience with depression at a young age. She has stated that she got the ‘Riverdale’ role when she was going through the worst phase of her life. She has addressed the importance of mental health on several occasions.
- She is said to be dating her ‘Riverdale’ co-star, Cole Sprouse, who plays ‘Jughead’ in the series. They have, however, not confirmed their relationship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed