Lil Twist Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Christopher Lynn Moore, Twizzy F
Born in: Oak Cliff, Texas, United States
Famous as: Rapper
father: Stephen L. Gray
mother: Rhonda Moore
siblings: Crystal McGriff, Lil Za
U.S. State: Texas
Lil Twist (Christopher Lynn Moore) is an American rapper and hip-hop artist, best known as a member of ‘Young Money’, an artists’ group headed by Lil Wayne. He started rapping from the age of seven and first got noticed when he opened for Lil Wayne at a concert in Tyler, Texas, when he was just 12 years old. He dropped out of high school and started touring with Lil Wayne to make rapping his full time occupation. His first solo album, ‘Don’t Get it Twisted’, and his debut studio album, ‘Bad Decisions’,gave him the much needed fame. He has released a number of mixtapes and compilation albums that include hits like ‘The Golden Child’, ‘We Are Young Money’ and ‘Year Book’. He has collaborated with rappers like Lil Wayne, Mishon and Cory Gunz. He was also featured as a guest artist in Justin Bieber’s recordings, ‘Twerk’ and‘Wind It’. He also made a cameo appearance in the movie ‘Lottery Ticket’, along with rapper Bow Wow. Twist has been on the wrong side of the law more than once. He was arrested on charges of burglary and assault for entering the apartment of Disney actor Kyle Massey and for attacking him with four others. He has now changed his ways in order to concentrate on his profession.
- Lil Twist attended rapper Lil Wayne’s concert in Tyler where he impressed Wayne and Cortez with his performance in one of the openings. They thenflew him down to Atlanta for an audition,and he once again impressed everyone with his unique style.
- He first gained recognition as a member of Lil Wayne’s ‘Young Money’ rap group and then worked his way to release his first solo album, ‘Don’t Get it Twisted’, in 2013. During this period, he toured with Lil Wayne and gained first-hand experience of organizing concerts.
- His debut single, ‘The Texas Twist’, was released when he was 10 years old. The song held on to the number one position on local Dallas charts for six weeks.
- He followed it up witha mixtape titled ‘The Golden Child’ which was a prelude to his debut studio album, ‘Bad Decisions’. His studio album was released under the label,Young Money Entertainment.
- His compilation albums ‘We Are Young Money’ and ‘Young Money: Rise of an Empire’ were released in December 2009 and March 2014 respectively. They too, werereleased under the label,Young Money Entertainment. ‘We Are Young Money’ reached the number one spot in the US rap charts.
- He has released a number of mixed tapes,including ‘Year Book’ (2009), ‘Class President’ (2009), ‘The Takeover’ (2010) and ‘3 Weeks in Miami’ (2012).
- He has collaborated with rappers like Lil Wayne, Bow Wow, Mishon and Cory Gunz to come up withpopular singleslike ‘The Leak’ (2009), ‘Little Secret’ (2010), ‘Love Affair’ (2011), ‘New Money’ (2011), ‘Turn’t Up’ (2012), ‘Pyrex’ (2014) and ‘Good Credit’ (2014).
- Twist was featured as a guest artist in Justin Bieber’s recordings, ‘Twerk’ and‘Wind It’.He was also featured with Miley Cyrus in her number, ‘Do What I Want’. He was listed under ‘2011 Freshman Class’,published by hip hop magazine, ‘XXL’.
- He has also lent his voice for Disney Channel’s animated series, ‘Fish Hooks’.He then made a cameo appearance in the movie, ‘Lottery Ticket’, along with rapper Bow Wow.
- Lil Twist was born as Christopher Lynn Moore on 11 January, 1993 in Dallas, Texas, United States of America. Initially, he was known as Twizzy F and later adopted the stage name, Lil Twist. He has a younger brother, who goes by the stage name of Lil Za, and a younger sister named Crystal.
- He was not interested in studies and hence dropped out of high school to pursue his dream of becoming a rapper. He started rapping at the age of seven and performed at local venues in Dallas, along with his friends.
- He was arrested for over speeding at the age of 10 when he was intercepted while driving Justin Bieber’s sports car.
- He was once again arrested in March 2015 on charges of burglary and assault when he and four others entered the apartment of Disney actor Kyle Massey in order to attackhim. He was sentenced to one year of impressmentbut was released after seven and a half weeks on account of good behaviour.
- He was known for his trademark Mohawk hairstyle until he changed it in September 2011. He loves sports cars and is a good friendof Justin Bieber.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed