Lesly Brown Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: Maryland
Famous as: Pat Sajak's Wife, Photographer
Height: 1.78 m
Spouse/Ex-: Pat Sajak (m. 1989)
father: Michael Brown
mother: Maria Brown
siblings: Kelly, Wendy
children: Maggie Marie Sajak, Patrick Michael James Sajak
U.S. State: Maryland
Lesly Brown-Sajak is an American photographer and erstwhile ‘Playboy’ model. She is widely known for being the second and current wife of television personality and the host of the syndicated television game show ‘Wheel of Fortune’, Pat Sajak. A native of Maryland, she studied television production at the University of Maryland. Initially, she experienced some success as a model, becoming Miss Georgetown and appearing in the ‘Playboy’ magazine in 1988. That year, she met Sajak through a mutual friend. At the time, she was aspiring to be an actress. In the early months, their relationship was strictly platonic. However, that changed as time went by. They married in 1989 and went on to have two children together. Brown briefly considered pursuing a career as a lawyer but later decided to stay at home and raise the kids. She has since become a photographer.
- Born on February 18, 1965, in Maryland, Lesly Brown is one of the three daughters of Michael, a dentist, and Maria Brown. Her two sisters are Wendy and Kelly. She attended the University of Maryland, from where she earned her bachelor’s degree in television production in 1986. She had always harboured a deep interest for a career in the world of glamour and was once delegated as Miss Georgetown.
- After graduating from the University of Maryland, Lesly Brown found some work as a model. She also had aspirations of becoming an actress. She was featured in ‘Playboy’ in a pictorial called ‘Women of Washington’ in November 1988. In the photo, a 23-year-old Brown can be seen clad in a sheer red brassiere, matching red panties, and a white garter belt with stockings. At one point, she wanted to get a law degree but after her marriage, decided to devote her time to her family instead. Since then, she has reportedly taken up photography.
- Brown has made several appearances in the show ‘Wheel of Fortune’. On April 1, 1997, she and the host of another syndicated show ‘Jeopardy’, Alex Trebek, replaced Vanna White and Sajak, respectively, as the hosts of ‘Wheel of Fortune’, while Sajak and White competed against each other. Brown is also a jewellery maker. In March 2008, she appeared in an episode of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ so she could promote her wheel-themed jewellery.
- Brown and Sajak became acquainted at the inauguration of a sports bar in California, owned by a mutual friend, in 1988. She is a little over 18 years younger than him. Sajak has admitted that “there was no electricity in the air” during their meeting. In the ensuing few months, they conversed over the phone regularly but these conversations did not involve anything romantic. By the spring of 1989, however, things started to change. They both began to feel that there was something more than friendship between them but neither of them was prepared to be the first to express their feelings. Sajak was previously married to Sherrill Sajak from 1979 to 1986.
- Their budding relationship would have remained in limbo forever if Brown had not been featured in another syndicated show, ‘The Dating Game,’ and went on a date to Mexico with the winning bachelor. Sajak has stated that his own reaction to this trip was that he was a “little annoyed”. Brown has referred to it as “borderline jealousy”. Either way, after Brown came back, he took a flight to meet her. It was then that he knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He proposed with a ring with a three-carat-plus marquise-shaped diamond on the US Labor Day. On the New Year’s Eve in 1989, Brown and Sajak married in a very traditional ceremony in a 19th-century Catholic church in Annapolis, Maryland. Sajak’s long-time friend and sidekick on the short-lived CBS talk-show ‘The Pat Sajak Show’, Dan Miller, served as his best man. Sajak’s co-host Vanna White was in attendance, along with 150 other guests.
- Brown and Sajak have two children together, a son, Patrick Michael James Sajak (born September 22, 1990), and a daughter, Maggie Marie Sajak (January 5, 1995). The couple primarily resides in Severna Park, Maryland. They also have a house in Los Angeles.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed