Lauren Conrad Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Lauren Katherine Conrad, Lauren Katherine Tell
Born in: Laguna Beach, California
Famous as: Reality TV Personality
Spouse/Ex-: William Tell (m. 2014)
father: Jim Conrad
mother: Conrad Kathy
siblings: Brandon Conrad, Breanna Conrad
U.S. State: California
education: Laguna Beach High School, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
Lauren Conrad is an American television personality, author, and fashion designer. She came into prominence after appearing in the reality show ‘Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County’ alongside her real-life friends Heidi Montag, Whitney Port, and Audrina Patridge. Born and raised in Laguna Beach, California, Conrad had been interested in fashion design since childhood. Following her education from Laguna Beach High School, she went on to attend Academy of Art University and majored in fashion design. She later attended Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising to further hone her skills. Since then, the American beauty has been working as a successful fashion designer, with her own fashion lines Paper Crown and LC Lauren Conrad. Besides working in the fashion industry, Conrad frequently appears on TV shows and programs as well. She also owns an online editorial destination focused on beauty, art and craft, lifestyle, and fitness. Conrad has worked with the renowned magazine ‘Teen Vogue’ as well. The multi-faceted lady is married with a young child and enjoys spending quality time with her family. Currently, the diva is also active on various social media platforms.
- Lauren Conrad was born on February 1, 1986 in Laguna Beach, California, to Kathy and her architect husband, Jim. She has two younger siblings, brother Brandon and sister Breanna, who is also a TV personality. She is of English, German, and Irish descent.
- She studied at Laguna Beach High School alongside her future cast mates Lo Bosworth, Stephen Colletti and Kristin Cavallari.
- After graduating from her high school in 2004, Lauren Conrad enrolled at the Academy of Art University where she met Heidi Montag. She later went on to attend Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
- In 2004, Lauren Conrad, along with her high school batch mates Stephen Colletti, Lo Bosworth and Kristin Cavallari, starred in MTV’s reality TV series ‘Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County’.
- Following the conclusion of the show’s first season, Conrad got featured in an episode of ‘Cribs’. She left the series ‘Laguna Beach’ after its second season. However, in 2006, she made a guest appearance in its third season.
- Conrad then moved to Los Angeles where Laguna Beach’s spin-off series ‘The Hills’ was created to showcase the lives of Lauren Conrad, her housemate Heidi Montag, and their friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port. During the production of the show’s first season, Conrad had an internship with ‘Teen Vogue.’
- In 2007, she was announced as the spokeswoman of the beauty brand Avon’s "mark." line. The same year, she went on to act in the comedy flick ‘Epic Movie’. The following year, in March, she launched her first ever fashion line called The Lauren Conrad Collection; it didn’t become successful and was wrapped up the very next year.
- The ambitious young woman next began working on ‘People's Revolution,’ Kelly Cutrone's PR firm. She then appeared in an episode each of 'Privileged' and ‘Greek’ in 2008.
- In 2009, she lent her voice to a cartoon character in an episode of the animated series ‘Family Guy’. That year, Lauren Conrad also released her first novel titled ‘L.A. Candy’ that went to appear in New York Times’ best-seller list.
- She also made appearances on the game show ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ in 2009. The same year, the diva collaborated with Kohl's and came up with her second fashion line called LC Lauren Conrad.
- She guest starred in the reality show ‘Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List’ in 2010. The same year, she released two sequels to her first novel; these were titled ‘Sweet Little Lies’ and ‘Sugar and Spice’. During this period, she also released her fashion guide Lauren Conrad Style.
- In April 2011, Lauren Conrad, along with her hairstylist Kristin Ess and makeup artist Amy Nadine, launched The Beauty Department. In August that year, she released her third fashion line called ‘Paper Crown ‘.
- Conrad released her fourth novel titled ‘The Fame Game’ in April 2012. In July, she collaborated with BlueAvocado and launched an environment-friendly collection of bags under the name XO(eco).
- In October 2012, she came up with ‘The Fame Game’ continuation novel titled ‘Starstruck.’ The final novel of the trilogy titled ‘Infamous’ was released the following year.
- Conrad opened the web store ‘The Little Market’ along with her friend Hannah Skvarla in 2013. She added the limited-run Cinderella-inspired collection in LC Lauren Conrad in 2015. This was followed by Minnie Mouse and Bambi-inspired collections. In 2017, Conrad launched a swim line at Kohl's as a means to expand her brand.
- Lauren Conrad has a successful modelling career. She has been featured on the covers of numerous magazines like ‘Cosmopolitan’ and ‘StyleWatch.’ In May 2012, she graced the cover of the high-end magazine ‘Glamour.’ This issue sold over 500,000 copies and became the magazine's highest-selling issue of the year. The following year, she graced the covers of ‘Marie Claire’ and ‘Lucky.’
- Lauren Conrad initially dated fellow cast mates Brody Jenner and Jason Wahler for brief periods of time. Conrad was even involved in some controversial sex tape rumours with Wahler.
- In 2008, she started a relationship with actor Kyle Howard. After dating for three years, the couple parted ways in 2011.
- Soon after this, she began dating former guitarist William Tell in February 2012. The duo began living together in September 2013 and got married the following year.
- On January 1, 2017, Lauren Conrad announced on social media that she and her husband Tell were expecting their first baby. The couple’s son, William James Tell, was born in July that year.
- Conrad has two companion dogs, Chloe and Fitz.
- This American fashion designer got the letter “J” tattooed on her buttock for her then-boyfriend Jason Wahler. Later, after the breakup, she changed the J to an L.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed