Laura Hopper Biography
Laura Hopper is an English actor from Leicester, UK. She grew up with an interest in acting and decided to study films and theater later. Laura has been trained at premier institutes such as 'The Arts Educational School' and the 'Lee Strasberg Institute.' She has studied under the tutelage of Anthony Meindl. She began her career while still studying acting. Laura has a large number of theater and TV projects to her credit. She has also worked in a few films. Laura has also produced a few films. Apart from working in professional theater and on TV, Laura has gained expertise in pantomimes, rehearsed readings, fringe theater, and voice-over roles. She has worked in a few commercial and music video spots, too. Laura is married to English actor Tom Hopper and is a mother of two children.
- Laura was born Laura Higgins. She has never revealed much about her childhood and her parents. However, according to one of her husband’s 'Twitter' posts, Laura’s birthday is on March 15. She was interested in acting since a tender age. In 2009, Laura completed a 2-year acting course from 'The Arts Educational School,' London, and then joined 'Anthony Meindl’s Actor Workshop.' She then moved to the US in 2011, and polished her acting skills at the 'Lee Strasberg Institute,' Los Angeles.
- Laura has also attended the ‘Urdang Academy,' an independent performing arts school based in Islington, London.
- Laura began her acting career when she was under the mentorship of actor, writer, and founder of the 'MetaTheatre Company' Anthony Meindl. In 2010, she was cast in two plays, namely, 'Laughing Wild' and 'Rabbit Hole,' both directed by Meindl. In her debut year itself, Laura had worked in films, TV, and theater. The same year, she worked in 'Fanatic,' a movie by the 'London Film School,' and 'The Cookies' by 'Blank Canvas Pictures.' She was also part of Shakespeare's ‘A Midsummer Night's Dream,' produced by 'Anthony Meindl's Actor Workshop.' Laura’s filmography also includes the 2011 short 'Assignation.'
- In 2011, Laura stepped into the field of advertisement. Soon, she worked for brands such as 'Cadbury’s,' '118’ fan, and 'Tesco.' She was featured in a music video for the 2012 'Olympics.' Laura was roped in for the lead role of ‘Kelly’ in the horror short film 'Ella-Rose,' which is in the post-production stage now. She also worked in Ashley Walters’s directorial venture 'The Charlatans.' Laura has worked in Alice Troughton’s 'BBC' drama series 'Merlin,' which also starred her husband, Tom. She played the lead character ‘Anita’ in the mockumentary web series 'Arthur Schemmings - The Relentless Rise of a Modern Master.'
- In 2013, Laura started gaining prominence in the industry. She appeared as ‘Clare’ in the romantic thriller series 'Leopard' (originally known as 'Cold'). The following year, Laura appeared as ‘Sara’ in an episode of the British TV military drama 'Our Girl.' She was cast as ‘Esther’ in an episode of the ‘Starz’ historical adventure 'Black Sails.' The series also starred Tom. In 2016 and 2017, Laura appeared as ‘Kayleigh Jackson’ in the 'BBC One' medical soap opera 'Doctors.' She was also seen in the crime thriller 'The Marker,' which premiered at the 'Edinburgh International Film Festival.' She appeared as ‘Jenna Gibbs’ in three episodes of the 'Channel 4' soap opera 'Hollyoaks.'
- Laura has also worked as a producer. She co-produced the 2003 romantic comedy ‘View from the Top' and was the executive producer of the 2009 romantic comedy 'Love Hurts.' Laura is a member of 'The Society of British Theatre Designers' and 'Equity.’
- Laura is married to English actor Tom Hopper since June 7, 2014. Their son, Freddie Douglas Hopper, was born on June 1, 2015, and their daughter, Truly Rose Hopper, was born on July 6, 2018.
- Laura is a trained singer who is skilled in alto. She is a trained dancer, too, and is skilled in ballet, ballroom, contemporary, jazz, and tap dance. She can also play the piano. As a prolific theater actor, Laura has been trained in various accents. In addition to her UK accent, she is comfortable with a few North American accents and a few international accents, such as South African, Australian, and Mexican accents. Laura has also been trained in various sports, such as swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, horseback riding, quad bike racing, and motorbike racing.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed