Donna Derby Biography
Born in: England
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Bradley Walsh (m. 1997)
children: Barney Walsh, Hayley Walsh
Donna Derby is an English actress, former dancer, and choreographer. She has gained prominence for her work on several Miss World beauty pageants as well as for being the wife of actor, comedian and television presenter Bradley Walsh. In 1985, she starred in the video short on the popular rock group, Willie and the Poor Boys. Three years later, she appeared as one of the red-lipped seductive girls in the music video for Roger Palmer’s song, ‘Simply Irresistible’. She portrayed a dancer in an episode of ‘The Russ Abbot Show’ in 1987. Derby was featured on ‘The Kenny Everett Television Show’ from 1987 to 1988. In the recent years, she has served as a choreographer on the annual Miss World beauty pageant. She and Walsh married in 1997, and have a son together, Barney Walsh. Like her husband, Derby is known for her approachable and outgoing personality and accompanies him to various events.
- Donna Derby’s first notable appearance was in the 1985 video short on the popular rock group, Willie and the Poor Boys. The short musical comedy was directed by Eddie Arno and Markus Innocenti. In 1987, she portrayed a dancer in the season two episode, ‘The Russ Abbot Christmas Show’, of ‘The Russ Abbot Show’. Starring Russ Abbot, the sketch comedy show originally aired on BBC1 from 1980 to 1985. It was brought back in 1986 and had its second run until 1991. The show returned for the third time in 1994 and was cancelled for the final time in 1996.
- In 1988, she played one of the several red-lipped seductresses in the music video for the English rock singer Robert Palmer’s song ‘Simply Irresistible’. This was Palmer’s first single from his 1988 studio album ‘Heavy Nova’. The music video was directed by the renowned English photographer and film director Terence Donovan. The song and the video have been parodied and emulated several times in the following years. In 2017, Derby and Holly Willoughby, co-host of ITV’s ‘This Morning’, matched steps to ‘Simply Irresistible’. Willoughby later posted a photograph of their impromptu performance on her Instagram page.
- From 1987 to 1988, she appeared in multiple episodes of ‘The Kenny Everett Television Show’. In 2003, she served as a choreographer and stage director on Miss World for the first time. She has subsequently been associated with the beauty pageant in 2004, 2011, 2012, and 2013. She also served as a judge in the last two years.
- Donna Derby is from England. Little is known about her personal life and upbringing. She married actor, comedian, and TV presenter Bradley Walsh in 1997. A native of the town of Watford, Walsh was a professional football player before he joined the world of entertainment. Some of his most prominent roles are of Danny Baldwin in ‘Coronation Street’, DS Ronnie Brooks in ‘Law & Order: UK’, and Graham O'Brien in ‘Doctor Who’. He is also the host of ‘The Chase’ and ‘Cash Trapped’.
- Derby and Walsh’s son, Barney, was born in 1997. He is also pursuing a career as an actor and has appeared in the TV show ‘Doctors’ (2015) and the action adventure ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ (2017). In 2019, he began sharing screen space with his father on the adventure reality show, ‘Bradley Walsh & Son: Breaking Dad’. Derby is the stepmother to Walsh’s daughter from a previous relationship, Hayley (born 1982).
How To Cite
People Also Viewed