Laura Anderson Biography
Laura Anderson is a Scottish reality TV personality, Instagram star, and social media influencer. She has gained fame for her appearance as a contestant on the fourth series of ITV2’s dating reality show ‘Love Island’. Since she was a child, Anderson has loved taking part in various competitions and winning them. She was a dancer in her younger days and even then, she hated losing any competition. After finishing her education, Anderson took a job as a member of the cabin crew at Emirates Airlines. She was living in Dubai when she landed the opportunity to be a part of the popular show. When the 2018 series was airing, Anderson was one of the most popular contestants on the show. She forged relationships with three male contestants, Wes Nelson, Jack Fowler, and Paul Knops. Eventually, she and Knops finished the competition as the runners-up to the winning couple, Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham. After the show ended, she briefly continued to date Knops before confirming their break up in September 2018. Anderson has since started dating Max Morley, the male half of the couple who won the first series of ‘Love Island’ in 2015.
- Laura Anderson left her job at Emirates to take part in ‘Love Island’. She was chosen out of 150,000 aspirants to be part of the fourth series of ‘Love Island’. Created by Richard Cowles, the British dating reality show ‘Love Island’ premiered on June 7, 2015, on ITV2. The show has aired four series to date and a fifth series is set for a 2019 premiere. Caroline Flack serves as the show’s presenter while Iain Stirling is the narrator.
- Anderson was one of the contestants, along with Adam Collard, Alex George, Wes Nelson, Dani Dyer, Jack Fincham, Samira Mighty, Eyal Booker, Hayley Hughes, Niall Aslam, and Kendall Rae-Knight, who had been part of the show since the first episode of the series, which aired on June 4, 2018. On the first day, she paired up with Wes. They remained together for the first four weeks before Wes, along with several others, had to relocate to Casa Amor. They went on their first date after winning a challenge on day 11.
- On day 30, she coupled up with Jack Fowler, who had entered the villa on day 26. They were together for about two weeks before splitting up on day 47. Anderson subsequently chose to pair up with Paul Knops, who joined the remaining contestants in the villa on day 43. They made it to the top two couples before losing the popular vote to Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham.
- Since the airing of the final episode of ‘Love Island’, Anderson has been very active on social media. On Instagram, she receives thousands of likes on each of her posts. A significant part of her content on the platform is related to fitness and fashion. She is reportedly also a part-time hairdresser.
- Anderson was born on April 27, 1989, in Scotland to Barbara and David Anderson. She has an older sister named Danielle Strang. Anderson spent a considerable part of her early life in Stirling, a city situated in central Scotland. As a child, she developed a deep interest in competitive dancing and absolutely disliked whenever she lost a competition.
- Her father once shared a picture of her that was supposedly taken in 2003. In it, a very young Anderson can be seen taking part in a dancing competition.
- After she finished her education, she was hired by Emirates Airlines to be a part of its cabin crew. She subsequently started living in Dubai. While she was still working for Emirates, she dated Dane Bowers, a former member of the R&B boy band ‘Another Level.’ During the contest, she briefly dated Wes Nelson and Jack Fowler before finishing second with Paul Knops.
- While ‘Love Island’ concluded on July 30, 2018, she and Knops kept on dating. In September, however, they revealed that they had parted ways. Knops later accused her of cheating on him with her present boyfriend, Max Morley, a claim that she has categorically refused to accept. She later told the reporters that the two of them had a candid conversation and such allegations were discussed. The discussion gave them the chance to hear out the opposite side. They are supposed to meet again at the upcoming ‘Love Island Christmas Special.’
- Several weeks after her split from Knops, Anderson made the news of her relationship with Morley public. Morley had previously dated his co-winner from the first series of ‘Love Island’, Jessica Hayes. Incidentally, it was Morley to whom Anderson had previously reached out seeking advice on whether she should participate in ‘Love Island’.
- Over the years, Anderson has gone under the knife several times. In past, she had breast implant surgery. In early August 2018, she underwent facial rejuvenation, liquid rhinoplasty, lip augmentation, and mid-face volume surgeries.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed