Larsa Younan Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born Country: United States
Born in: Chicago, Illinois
Famous as: Scottie Pippen's Wife
Height: 1.57 m
Spouse/Ex-: Scottie Pippen (m. 1997)
children: Justin Pippen, Preston Pippen, Scotty Pippen Jr., Sophia Pippen
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
education: University of Illinois
Larsa Younan is an American former model, beauty/fashion/lifestyle guru, and television personality. She is mostly known for being the wife of basketball legend Scottie Pippen. She is also a close friend of fashion icon and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian. A Chicago native, Larsa earned a political science degree from the University of Illinois. She married Pippen in July 1997 and has four children with him. She has also helped him raise his three children with other women. In 2016, Pippen filed for divorce after Larsa told the police that he had been verbally aggressive towards her. Although they reconciled that time, Larsa re-filed divorce papers in November 2018 citing irreconcilable differences. She made her debut as a reality-TV star in 2011 in the Bravo series ‘The Real Housewives of Miami’ and has guest-starred in two episodes of Kim’s show ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’. Larsa runs her own website, larsapippen.com, on which she shares beauty, fashion, and lifestyle-related advice and endorses various brands.
- Larsa Younan was born on July 6, 1974, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, to Assyrian parents. Her mother is from Lebanon, while her father is from Syria. After graduating from high school, she enrolled at the University of Illinois, from where she obtained a degree in political science. During her time there, she attended the prestigious Piven Theater Workshop, studying under late theatre personality Byrne Piven.
- Following her graduation, Larsa Younan worked as a freelance writer for a period, submitting articles on fashion, fitness, and healthy lifestyle. She simultaneously did some modelling and acting jobs.
- Larsa debuted on the small screen in 2011 in the pilot episode of the Bravo series ‘The Real Housewives of Miami’. Executive produced by Matt Anderson, Nate Green, and Maty Buss, the show originally aired from February 2011 to November 2013 and was centred around six Floridian homemakers, Lea Black, Adriana de Moura, Alexia Echevarria, Marysol Patton, Cristy Rice, and Larsa. It was the seventh instalment of The Real Housewives franchise, after Orange County, New York City, Atlanta, New Jersey, D.C., and Beverly Hills. Despite receiving a positive response from the audience, Larsa, along with Rice, left the show following the conclusion of the first season.
- Larsa first appeared on E!’s ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ in the season six episode, ‘Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event - Part 2’. As the title suggests, the episode revolves around Kim’s wedding to former basketball star Kris Humphries. Larsa and her husband were two of the attendees. She reappeared on the show in a 2015 (season 10) episode, titled ‘Special Delivery’. According to reports, she has also been featured on one of the spin-offs of ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’: ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami’. It was reported in 2012 that she and her husband were finalising a deal with WE Network for their own reality show, ‘Big Pippen’. However, nothing has since been confirmed nor denied by any of the involved parties or their respective representatives.
- In 2013, she reported for Extra TV from the red carpet of that year’s ESPY Awards. Larsa has also served as the brand ambassador for Haute Living magazine and was a columnist for Chicago Splash, writing the column ‘Life with Larsa’. In March 2016, she interviewed Miami nightclub promoter David Grutman for Trillionaire Magazine. She also makes fitness videos for MoveOn and runs the Pippen Foundation.
- During her 2012 interview with Chicago Splash, Larsa spoke about Bright Pink, a breast and ovarian cancer awareness charity that she had been supporting after she had her own scare. She was visiting a doctor who told her that they had discovered something in her left breast. She was advised to wait six months before taking another test. However, she just could not and reached out to a specialist, who told her that everything was fine.
- On her website, Larsa gives beauty, fashion, and lifestyle tips. She is also quite active on social media.
- Before his relationship with Larsa Younan, Scottie Pippen was married to Karen McCollum from 1988 to 1990. They have one son together, Antron Pippen (born November 1987). In 1994, he had a daughter named Taylor with model Sonya Roby. Taylor’s twin sister passed away only nine days after their birth. He had another daughter named Sierra Pippen in 1995 with his former fiancée Yvette De Leon.
- Larsa and Pippen exchanged wedding vows on July 20, 1997. They have four children together: sons, Scottie Pippen, Jr. (b. 2002)
- , Preston (b. 2004) and Justin (b. 2007), and daughter, Sophia (b. 2009)
- In October 2016, Larsa Younan called the police to accuse Pippen of being verbally aggressive towards her. The police were contacted twice in three weeks from the couple’s home at Fort Lauderdale for domestic disturbances. Pippen subsequently filed for divorce.
- There were also unsubstantiated rumours that Larsa was having an affair with the rapper Future. Eventually, the couple reconciled in February 2017.
- It was Larsa who re-filed for divorce in November 2018, citing “irreconcilable differences.” Not long after, she came out and spoke about the allegations of her cheating with Future and being a “gold-digger”. While she did not say much on the former, she vehemently denied the latter.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed