Landry Bender Biography
Nick Name: Landry Elizabeth Bender
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Landry Bender
Born Country: United States
Born in: Chicago, Illinois
Famous as: Actress
father: Trey Bender
mother: Amy Bender
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
Landry Bender is not your average 16-year-old! She maybe just 16, but she has achieved a lot of success and fame in a very short time. The acting bug bit her when she went with her mother to see ‘Annie’ which was on tour. Immediately she realized that acting was the way to go and seriously wanted to pursue it. So her next step was to let her parents know about her intentions and dreams and try to convince them to let her go for it. Surprisingly, she did not have to work very hard to make them understand as they completely understood where she was coming from and gave her the green signal. Even though she has worked in a lot of projects, her most prominent roles till date are that of Cyd Ripley, the gutsy, messy yet lovable teen, who along with her best friend, Shelby, gains the power to travel back and forth in time in Disney Channel’s buddy comedy ‘Best Friends Whenever’ and of Cleo Bernstein in the Disney XD series ‘Crash & Bernstein.’ Fresh, radiant and an already seasoned actress, Landry Bender is a star in her own right!
- While watching ‘Annie’ with her mother when it was on tour, Landry Bender was fascinated by the overall production and eventually started acting in plays at her local community theatre. Technically her acting career began at the age of five when she acted in theatre productions of ‘The Sound of Music’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and ‘Annie.’ However, her major acting break came when she scored the role of the fashion forward middle sister, Cleo Bernstein in the hugely popular Disney XD show ‘Crash & Bernstein.’ After that, there was no looking back for her. Her role as Cleo has brought her widespread acclaim and appreciation. Since this show, she has appeared in a lot of other shows, such as ‘Jake and the Neverland Pirates’, ‘Fairest of the Mall’, and ‘LivAndMaddie.’ She also played herself on a guest appearance on the show ‘Teens Wanna Know.’ Bender is currently working on the American multi-camera sitcom developed for Disney channel ‘Best Friends Whenever’ as Cyd Ripley. Another high point of her already successful career is her role as Blithe Pedulla in the Jonah Hill starrer ‘The Sitter.’ By her own admission, her favorite role to date is as Blithe Pedulla in ‘The Sitter’ because she got to work with Jonah Hill who she sees as a mentor. Even though she was only ten years old when they shot it, Hill taught her a lot of things about how to act on set and what the acting business is all about. For her, to be able to have that kind of an experience at such a young age was enlightening and eye-opening. Apart from on camera assignments, Landry Bender has also done voice-overs on ‘Lost in Oz’ and on the upcoming season of ‘The Lion Guard.’Some of her favorite actors of all time are Betty White since she was Bender’s age when she started acting and has maintained her longevity. She is also a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn because she is very classy and iconic, and last but not the least, Lin-Manuel Miranda is her biggest inspiration and his ‘Hamilton’ is Bender’s most favorite Broadway play.
- Landry Bender is special because even though she is huge star now, she has not forgotten her roots. She still works very hard just the way she did in her first project when she was just a newbie and with the same passion, determination and integrity. As a person, she is very positive and always tells her fans and audience to love themselves and have a lot of confidence. This positivity and maturity makes her fans love her even more and makes them feel closer to her as they find her very relatable. Bender is also a thorough professional who knows her job really, really well and knows how to get it done.
- Landry Bender loves to travel, shop and blog about fashion when she is not acting. An avid fashionista and a lover of everything related to fashion, she hopes that one day she can start or do something in this field.
- Landry Bender currently lives in Los Angeles with her parents, Trey and Amy Bender who are sports announcers. While filming ‘The Sitter’ she got an English bulldog named Blithe who she named after her character in the movie. In her spare time she loves to spend time with her family and friends. She also enjoys singing and playing the guitar. She visits Phoenix four to five times a year to see her closest friends and spend time with them. Bender loves editing and making her own movies using iMovie and her favorite movies are ‘The Sound of Music’ and ‘Back to the Future Part II.’ She also loves visiting Disney World and Disneyland where her favorite rides are Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and California Screamin.’ Landry Bender is the only child of her parents and her favorite color is orange.
- Landry Bender was named after the Dallas Cowboys football player, Tom Landry.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed